Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Richard Sherman Incident

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Dust 2 Dust said:
The NFL sucks now anyway.
All bread & circuses suck now that societal decay is in full swing. I'm all for jock sniffing white beta male proles having an escape, I understand (I used to be one). I just think their priorities are a little skewiff. Rally behind a team that matters.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the original post. When your pumped up like that, especially being that seattle haven't been in the superbowl since ever, it is very hard to watch your mouth.

Also people fail to realize that crabtree shoved him in the head first.

rascal99v

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Richard Sherman is all about Richard Sherman.
You are absolutely correct. He is playing for the name on his back. Not for the logo on his helmet. If I was a member of the Seahawks, I would be pissed off. He is making it all about him. Not about the fact the Seahawks are in the Super Bowl. Nobody is talking about the Seahawks being in the Super Bowl. They are all talking about Sherman. He wanted that attention and that's what he got. He's been doing this sh!t all season. The only reason that it wasn't noticed as much is because Seattle is a small market team.

CHICAGO27 said:
Mohammed Ali said the same sort of things years ago. Never once did he ever get chastised to this extent.
You don't really know anything about sports. You can't make this comparison. Two totally different aspects. Mohammed Ali was a boxer. He was a one man show. He was fighting for himself. Therefore, he can say what he wants about himself. Boxing is a totally different sport than Football. How can you even make this comparison?

Sherman is just one guy out of 52 other men on a team. He is playing a team sport. He should respect his teammates and the organization, not to embarrass it. He is not the greatest. You don't put yourself above the other 52 members and act like an a$$hole like you're doing a WWF Wrestling style interview. You don't act like a pr!ck taunting the other team after you win. You can't behave that way and not expect to be criticized. He wanted all the focus on himself. That's why he did it. Nobody else conducts themselves that way on the field or during a post game interview.

Dust 2 Dust said:
The NFL sucks now anyway. I quit watching it. This isn't the same game that men like **** Butkus and Walter Payton played. It's 90 minutes of commercials and stoppages and 12 minutes of actual game play. The refs now determine the winners.
The Super Bowl isn't about the game anymore. It's for corporate sponsors and advertising firms to make money off their lame ads during the game. The actual game has taken a back seat to Bud Light, Doritos, and the crappy half time show.

zekko said:
That said, the media circus is blowing it out of proportion.
Today's media is a joke. It's all about entertainment rather than providing good hard hitting investigative journalism. If someone does something out of the ordinary, they run with the story. Spin it to death on both sides for a while, then you never hear about it again. That's today's media. Entertainment.

BeDJ said:
Sh!t talking is part of the game. .
You can talk a little sh!t on the field, but that's when it stops You don't carry it over like he did. You don't mock the other team like a d!ck. You don't act like a dumbass after the game on a national TV interview. You are making excuses for what he did. Even athletes from other sports called him a d!ck.

B

BeDJ

This is what he said to Crabtree after the play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psH6WWgrEz4

Notice his tone and body language, does that look like someone who wanted to cause trouble? For both players, their emotions were intensified after the play. It's easy to get carried away like Crabtree did. The reaction that Sherman gave was shocked. He did not expect that reaction and even looked at the referee out of confusion. That doesn't seem as though someone who wanted to taunt. Given the disrespect Crabtree just gave him, he was smart enough to no do anything at the moment. He had enough composure to wait until he was in the spotlight to get the last laugh. Most players would make a scene while experience much lower emotional intensity.

Would he have said what he did if Crabtree didn't smack him in the face? Most people wouldn't think so.

I have NO IDEA why people are making this a big deal. The ones that Sherman's actions affect are who he talks sh!t to. It's like he told America we were all faggots. Maybe we assume the black sheep killed little Timmy.

PS: Richard Sherman was projected to be drafted in the 1st round. John Harbaugh (49er's head coach and Sherman's former coach) said that he did not deserve to be drafted until much later. He has a chip on his should and going to the Super Bowl. He proved to everyone that he is currently the best at his position.

PPS: I hate the Seahawks, but I want them to beat the Broncos so we can hear: "Does Sh!t-Talking Win Championships? Stay tuned at 11"

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rascal99v said:
You are absolutely correct. He is playing for the name on his back. Not for the logo on his helmet. If I was a member of the Seahawks, I would be pissed off. He is making it all about him. Not about the fact the Seahawks are in the Super Bowl. Nobody is talking about the Seahawks being in the Super Bowl. They are all talking about Sherman. He wanted that attention and that's what he got. He's been doing this sh!t all season. The only reason that it wasn't noticed as much is because Seattle is a small market team.
Plus he's now got people across the country hating the Seahawks and rooting against them. I don't know how many people I've heard say they hope Seattle gets their @ss handed to them because of this. It's bad for the team and the organization.