Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Richard Sherman Incident

CHICAGO27

Don Juan
Reaction score
This could go in the anything else section but there is some good lessons to be learned here.

I disagree with the amount of flak Sherman has been receiving from the media for his rant after the NFC Championship game this weekend.

He was in the moment and his testosterone was flowing.

Apparently that is not allowed!

Mohammed Ali said the same sort of things years ago. Never once did he ever get chastised to this extent.

Regardless if you think Sherman is a fool or not, he had the right to show his emotions.

Another example of how society and media is trying to emasculate men.

Apparently, he should have been a good little boy and kept his mouth shut!

teddy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with it. It's heat of the moment--there's obviously something personal going on between him and Crabtree and he just came out on top moments before. It's good TV, too; the raw emotion is something real, not like the prepared coach- and player-speak we usually get. And people are making a bigger deal out of it than it is because it's sports and it's the NFL and people always have to find something to talk about.

abe0

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First I think he immature and an idiot to pay so much attention to being called mediocre receiver. If he were really a man he would not let crap like that get to him and make a fool out of himself on national tv.
That said...the media is even worse for going on and on about it several days later. Don't they have anything else to talk about? Abe

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Those who complain don't watch football, RS has always talked trash. They don't even know what LOB stands for.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He looked like an idiot. Who cares? He's not losing any money over it and he's about to play in the Super Bowl. I don't give two sh*ts.

rascal99v

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, you can show emotions in the moment. But he was overdoing it. He was acting like an a$$hole pr!ck. How would you like to be smacked in the ass after you lost a tough NFC Championship game by him? Would you like to have him laugh in your face after you lost the game? What about him holding his throat saying "you choked"? If you were a member of the 49ers would you like that? Media my ass, it's a news story that should be reported. Even other athletes from different sports called him a d!ck. He was taunting players and being a d!ck. As a former player I think that is bvllsh!t. Taunting another team after a loss. Taking away from his team's trip to the Super Bowl. He wanted the attention on him, not the team. You can't compare Mohammed Ali to him.

CHICAGO27 said:
He was in the moment and his testosterone was flowing.
Apparently that is not allowed!
So, someone can do whatever he wants just because his testosterone is flowing? O.J. can use that one for his next attempt at an appeal :crackup:

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Besides being one of the best corners in the league, he made part of the play that got them into the Superbowl. He can say whatever he wants.

B

BeDJ

Malice said:
I agree he looked bad. I am happy he did it, now I get to root against him in the super bowl. If he loses then he looks like a fool.

Look what a jerk he is in this video:

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/01/richard-sherman-is-better-at-life-than-you/283192/
Did you know that Skip Bayless is the biggest troll in sports entertainment? Don't mistaken Sherman's arrogance for strategy.

Malice said:
This guy Sherman is a trash talking b!tch! Look how Sherman got punched in the face by the Redskins and did nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl4ViIwy7KA&feature=player_embedded
Sh!t talking is part of the game. It fuels you to another level that NOW you have more incentive to perform. He gets inside the head of Quarterbacks and Receivers. They are afraid to target him and when they do, his interception ratio wins by a landslide.

http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2014/01/17/target-richard-sherman-at-your-own-risk/

And.......the moment we've been waiting for: What he said to Crabtree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psH6WWgrEz4

Sounds pretty sincere to me. Should we put Crabtree on CNN and label him a thug? Let the man live his life, he may have made a mistake, like throwing to a M-E-D-I-O-C-R-E WR covered by THE BEST CB IN THE GAME DON'T YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH ABOUT THE BEST.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CHICAGO27 said:
I disagree with the amount of flak Sherman has been receiving from the media for his rant after the NFC Championship game this weekend.
I don't think he's gotten much flak from the media. From Twitter sure, they said plenty of ignorant things but that's what they do.

But the media coverage of Sherman has been overwhelmingly positive. Every article mentions that he was salutitorian of his high school class and that he graduated from Standford. Every article I read says nothing new and seems to agree that he didn't do anything wrong. Which he didn't. According to the articles I read the only person wrong in this fiasco is, predictably, white people.

The media is overblowing a dumb twitter reaction.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BeDJ said:
Did you know that Skip Bayless is the biggest troll in sports entertainment? Don't mistaken Sherman's arrogance for strategy.

Sh!t talking is part of the game. It fuels you to another level that NOW you have more incentive to perform. He gets inside the head of Quarterbacks and Receivers. They are afraid to target him and when they do, his interception ratio wins by a landslide.

http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2014/01/17/target-richard-sherman-at-your-own-risk/

And.......the moment we've been waiting for: What he said to Crabtree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psH6WWgrEz4

Sounds pretty sincere to me. Should we put Crabtree on CNN and label him a thug? Let the man live his life, he may have made a mistake, like throwing to a M-E-D-I-O-C-R-E WR covered by THE BEST CB IN THE GAME DON'T YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH ABOUT THE BEST.

Who cares what Sherman said after the game? He talks trash and hurls insults all throughout the game while it is still going on. By the end, the other players want to beat him. He said the same thing to the Redskins guy and he still punched him.

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Richard Sherman is not the one that got caught using PEDs, and then tried to cheat on his urine test, and then got suspended for 6 games because of it. That was Von Miller, and he plays for the Broncos. And there is nothing classy about what Von Miller did.

I demand that all sports celebrities be bland and boring like Tebow and go around praising Jayzuz all the time. Nice and safe, so I don't feel threatened!

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Williamson

Before Super Bowl I, Williamson gathered national headlines by boasting that he would knock the Green Bay Packers starting receivers, Carroll Dale and Boyd Dowler, out of the game. He stated "Two hammers to (Boyd) Dowler, one to (Carroll) Dale should be enough".[5] His prediction turned out to be an ironic one because Williamson himself was knocked out of the game in the fourth quarter, with his head meeting the knee of the Packers' running back Donny Anderson and later suffered a broken arm when Chiefs linebacker Sherrill Headrick fell on him.
Players who run their mouths eventually get their comeuppance. Not saying Sherman isn't good - he's freakishly good - but he is setting himself up for embarrassment.

I'm all for athletes puffing their chests, but you should have respect for your opponent. Why didn't he call out Crabtree as "mediocre" to the media the week of the game if that's what he thought? After the fact means nothing.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's poor sportsmanship to belittle your opponent after defeating him on the field of battle. Sportsmanship involves winning gracefully, it's not just about avoiding being a sore loser.

That said, the media circus is blowing it out of proportion. And there also seems to be some prior history going on between these two that hasn't really come out.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The NFL sucks now anyway. I quit watching it. This isn't the same game that men like **** Butkus and Walter Payton played. It's 90 minutes of commercials and stoppages and 12 minutes of actual game play. The refs now determine the winners.