Response to 'you're not my type at all' on a date

drift king

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gangster Of Love said:
:down:

Come on guy. Are you still stuck with the whole 33 year old chick situation? If she tells you straight out you're not her type, it means just that. Or, perhaps she didn't like the way you handled yourself, her problem not yours, and was just letting you know.

How about, perhaps she wasn't attracted to you. Any chance of that possibility? Does every chick you meet your type? Some of the cats in here complain and whine, and bitsh when women can't be direct, play too many games, are not direct, waste their time, yet when they meet somebody who tells them straight out, they can't handle it. There is a reason why women can't be direct with men. Men's fragile egos and sensitivity gets in the way, so women must reject in a creative and sensitive way. GET OVER IT.

The next time this happens to you, you will do the exact same thing if you don't learn how to not care about what she says or why she does whatever she does. If you still are too sensitive to how she responds to you, you are not ready for women her women of her caliber, again, whatever that caliber might be.

no no this a general type of question as i've had this happen to me a few times and it's time to respond in the right way rather than just sit and take it or try to explain why i am.

the bottom line with her was she was looking for an ego boost and by trying to reject me she's boosting her value in her eyes.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
drift king said:
that's good, but what if she counters with 'actually i think i'm the one who's out of your league ;)' or something else along those lines?

would a response of 'oh really.. why is that?' be good at diffusing her comment?
"hahaha, and do you believe in the tooth fairy too!?"

Just see her as a little girl trying to hurt you and when that happens it's funny and you should have a laugh with her. If she/they see that it effects you in any way then they'll think less of you.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
drift king said:
no no this a general type of question as i've had this happen to me a few times and it's time to respond in the right way rather than just sit and take it or try to explain why i am.

the bottom line with her was she was looking for an ego boost and by trying to reject me she's boosting her value in her eyes.
Yes, it is always good to have a default move to everything. If this has happened to you a few times, it might be time to start looking into yourself and find out how you are coming across. If enough people are pointing out things, which usually are things you can improve, then that might be more helpful than having a clever response.

I would start with looking into your appearance. Remember, you don't have to be good looking, but you do have to "look good". How is your weight, posture, hair, style, etc.? Is your style and attitude congruent to the type of girl you are meeting and are hoping to attract?

You need to get to a point where you are not self concious about what they will ask you next. Or worry about getting "stumped". In fact, once you address these things, you'll be looking forward to their "tests" and questions, and for ways to turn it around and make them be the ones jumping through yoru hoops.

Once you've internalize enough "inner game" concepts, you will come across more congruent and more confident in your own skin. That will happen once you star attracting women on a consistent basis. But to get confident you need to work on everything you have control over. You'll need to see the evidence. Kinda like a chicken and egg concept, you work on getting both, and not worry which needs to come first.

Many propers to you for looking to improve yourself. We were all there at one point, and all of here are still improving even when our ego has to take a hit. Feel free to contact me with anything you might need in your future to help you improve this area of your life.

drift king

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when you say this bit:

Gangster Of Love said:
I would start with looking into your appearance. Remember, you don't have to be good looking, but you do have to "look good". How is your weight, posture, hair, style, etc.? Is your style and attitude congruent to the type of girl you are meeting and are hoping to attract?
how am i suppose to know exactly what she is looking for?

all those things you've said above i'm in best possible condition i could be, it's more that they tell me i'm not their type but the reason they met me was because i 'seemed' charming.

obviously with the more affluent type of girls who are looking for guys to provide for them and take them to fancy dinners im trying not to be bracketed into that type of guy who gets taken advantage of.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
drift king said:
when you say this bit:

how am i suppose to know exactly what she is looking for?

all those things you've said above i'm in best possible condition i could be, it's more that they tell me i'm not their type but the reason they met me was because i 'seemed' charming.

obviously with the more affluent type of girls who are looking for guys to provide for them and take them to fancy dinners im trying not to be bracketed into that type of guy who gets taken advantage of.

You don't worry about what a particular woman is looking for, as long as you have worked on yourself. You're shooting for high percentages. If 75% of chicks you meet are attracted, you don't worry about what one says.

suavesuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
be persistent. never ever give up!

drift king

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gangster Of Love said:
You don't worry about what a particular woman is looking for, as long as you have worked on yourself. You're shooting for high percentages. If 75% of chicks you meet are attracted, you don't worry about what one says.
you have to bear in mind though that when a girl says 'you're not my type at all' usually it's a polite way of her saying you're not my ethnicity type..

i.e. you could be ugly or good looking but if you're not her racial type then isn't what you've said above made redundant?

of 2 individuals of equal inner game one who's her type (race wise) but average looking against a good looking guy who's not her type at all (race wise) the 1st one is going to win out?

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog said:
"I did think I was out of your league alright.. ;) "!
The Sperminator said:
I had a girl say something similar to me on a date too. She was like your not usually my type. Then I replied what is your type stupid and ugly.
I disagree with both or similar attemps to pull a C&F on this one. When a woman drops this line on you it means that she is not interested in you period. Essentially she has given you the green light to bolt and not waste anymore of your time and hers. Getting all defensive, hurt or try to spin this into a C&F thing seems weak. You should actually be grateful for her honesty that she dropped this line cause now you know you don't need to waste anymore of your time on this one. All you got to do now is smoothly eject from the situation:

A simple line delievered in a smooth and calm voice with a smile would be:

"You know something, you are probably right, have a good night"

Now you can walk away towards the nearest bar whistling and get yourself a drink and maybe hit on other ladies nearby.

The Sperminator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That isn't true. Because I've been told that a few times and I hooked up with them most of the time. Plus usually when they say this I'm already on a date with them so they would have to be somewhat attracted to me if they are on the date already.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
drift king said:
you have to bear in mind though that when a girl says 'you're not my type at all' usually it's a polite way of her saying you're not my ethnicity type..
You are partly right. When a girl says "you're not my type at all", means that your minuses are more than your pluses, on her list of things she wants. Ethnicity is just part of it. You and I have preferences on the girls we like. We take into consideration many things, including race, and factor it out and either she's a "yes" or a "no".

What she's doing is telling you she's not into you, for a number of different reasons, besides just your ethnic background.

drift king said:
i.e. you could be ugly or good looking but if you're not her racial type then isn't what you've said above made redundant?
This is true in SOME cases, but not in MOST cases. There are thousands of women in your town/city and small percentage (lets say 25%, as an example)will feel that way, and you have no control over that. A larger percentage are like you and I. They will weigh all the facts, and usually can tell, instantly, if they are attracted to you. Don't believe me yet?

Have you ever been attracted to at least one woman of every particular race? I have. Same goes for MOST women. Most women are attracted, and open to dating any man, if he meets one with the qualities she values. Focus on the 75% that woud go out with a guy who meets her criteria.

drift king said:
of 2 individuals of equal inner game one who's her type (race wise) but average looking against a good looking guy who's not her type at all (race wise) the 1st one is going to win out?
A percetage of women will do that. We do it all the time too. We rate, grade, judge, etc. based on our preferences. No big deal. For some a particular ethnicity, for some the same ethnicity, for some, a total opposite ethnicty will happen to fall under the things they rank high. From there the weigh all the facts, not just race. Just like you and I do. When they tell you you are not their type, as some have already told you, they are doing you a big favor by communicating to you and making it easier for you to stop wasting your time.

Now, don't let this thread turn into a race and looks war that will get it closed.

From what I've found in this site, I see a pattern.

FACT: Everytime somebody uses race and/or looks as an excuse, it means they need to go focus on working on inner game.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
The best response to a sht test like this is no response.

Just pretend it didn't happen. Why? Because it didn't make any sense whatsoever. Your frame is too strong to acknowledge such insignificant comments.

When she says something like that you say "Wow look how huge that guy is over there" or tell her a funny story that you remembered, but you MUST ignore it and change the topic immediately.

That is how you pass it.
Exactly. Unfortunately it seems like right now, he's not ready to listen to that type of advice. He wants techniques and lines, and is not ready to get to work on the inner game and on his masculinity.

The truth is, who cares what she says or thinks. She needs to be jumping through your hoops, not the other way around.

Reaction score
You guys have it all wrong. :D

RECIPE
--------------------
Her: "You're not my type."

You: "Aww... you're intimidated by me. That's so cute."

Best accompanied with a big smile.
--------------------

Don't phase. Phase them. :cool:

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"You're not my type either. Get the hell out of here!"

hehe, can't help it.

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl said that to me i would say this
" Daing i just found out you are not my type either, Personality and Brains is a very important factor i look for in a girl and obviously you dont have any of those. Have a nice life."

I would get up and leave, if i drove her i would prolly leave her ass stranded there. I would take that as disrespect and i dont let anyone disrespect me.

For those of you that would actually try to work out a relationship with that girl than i feel sorry for you. First if the girls went out on a date with you and told you that , she is no a very smart or nice person and i would not want to waste any time with her. Notice how all people that said that when the girl said that to them they ignored it and and the relationship ended 2-3 months, i think longest one is 8 months. Why waste your time with a girl like that...her personality sux. I dont care how bad i wanted to **** her i would not take that kind of disrespect.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
I disagree with both or similar attemps to pull a C&F on this one. When a woman drops this line on you it means that she is not interested in you period. Essentially she has given you the green light to bolt and not waste anymore of your time and hers. Getting all defensive, hurt or try to spin this into a C&F thing seems weak. You should actually be grateful for her honesty that she dropped this line cause now you know you don't need to waste anymore of your time on this one. All you got to do now is smoothly eject from the situation:
You can be c&f and calm and relaxed about it. Those lines didn't come from a person who was defensive or hurt. Mine came from a higher value person who didn't really care about the outcome hense the wink.

I agree it's best not to have anything invested on the outcome.

Prodigy 746 said:
For those of you that would actually try to work out a relationship with that girl than i feel sorry for you. First if the girls went out on a date with you and told you that , she is no a very smart or nice person and i would not want to waste any time with her. Notice how all people that said that when the girl said that to them they ignored it and and the relationship ended 2-3 months, i think longest one is 8 months. Why waste your time with a girl like that...her personality sux. I dont care how bad i wanted to **** her i would not take that kind of disrespect.
But in their cases it wasn't the girl being disrespectful it was the girl testing them to see how they'd react. Now maybe girls who test like that are naturally disrespectful so maybe you have a point.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a **** test. Just laugh like it's amazing someone would think such a thing and carry on.

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"You're not my type"

If you're not a girl's type why would she come to the date with you to begin with? Well, maybe she found out during the date you were not her type. I think it mostly sounds bad because of the way it sounds. I think a girl should rephrase that to something else. Anyhow, I think C& F or playing it off and deciding on letting her walk are good options.
I will reach for my cell phone, pretend to answer it and then say to her while I'm on the phone, "Ok , thanks for coming out see you around"