Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Response to 'you're not my type at all' on a date

drift king

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so you get to your date and she announces to you 'you're not my type at all..' then proceeds to explain why she's here i.e. you seemed charming or whatnot or no reason at all just telling you straight out that you're not her type.

what should you respond with?

becomingme

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol if she said that as soon as you got there.. id just be like.. ok next. and walk away. thats such a ***** move to do without even giving you a chance lol.

The Sperminator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a girl say something similar to me on a date too. She was like your not usually my type. Then I replied what is your type stupid and ugly.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
drift king said:
so you get to your date and she announces to you 'you're not my type at all..' then proceeds to explain why she's here i.e. you seemed charming or whatnot or no reason at all just telling you straight out that you're not her type.

what should you respond with?
:down:

Come on guy. Are you still stuck with the whole 33 year old chick situation? If she tells you straight out you're not her type, it means just that. Or, perhaps she didn't like the way you handled yourself, her problem not yours, and was just letting you know.

How about, perhaps she wasn't attracted to you. Any chance of that possibility? Does every chick you meet your type? Some of the cats in here complain and whine, and bitsh when women can't be direct, play too many games, are not direct, waste their time, yet when they meet somebody who tells them straight out, they can't handle it. There is a reason why women can't be direct with men. Men's fragile egos and sensitivity gets in the way, so women must reject in a creative and sensitive way. GET OVER IT.

The next time this happens to you, you will do the exact same thing if you don't learn how to not care about what she says or why she does whatever she does. If you still are too sensitive to how she responds to you, you are not ready for women her women of her caliber, again, whatever that caliber might be.

kingwilliam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to tell women, "you know its weird, you're usually not my type but I am really having a good time right now...."

What if women have seduction forums that we don't know about and they are plotting against us>>

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say, "yeah I didn't think we had much in common either but I thought I would roll the dice." Then never get up and leave before her. Make the ho GO first. Tell her, if she keeps insisting that you are not her type, that you just got here and you plan to hang around a bit and "chill" but she is free to leave if she likes. If you had a drink first, also say "you are welcome to contribute to the cause" as you hold up the check.

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would give her the choice of leaving. This is the reason why you dont want to have movie or dinner or baseball games first dates. You want something really simple like ice cream or coffee so that if she pulls this **** you can just get the f.ck outta there easy.

Sandow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last girl that said this to me was my gf and we ended up going out for 8 months. I eventually broke it off at the end. Don't listen to what a girl says, pay attention to her actions. You DJ's out there should know that a woman herself doesn't even know what she wants, let alone her type. "Girls don't always say what they mean, and mean what they say."

Back to my ex. On our first date she bluntly said "you're not my type, I don't date guys like you." Haha, think I paid attention to that B.S.? F### no. I knew that if i played my cards right and show her the greatest time whenever she was around me, i had a pretty good shot at winning her over. And I did:D

Bottom line, don't pay attention to what a woman says, they don't know what they want or what they're type is. Only us DJ's do :) Hell, like someone esle said above, It could be a sh1t test too. So next time a girl tries to tell you what her type is or what she's attracted to just nodd your head and agree..."sure you do"

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sandow said:
The last girl that said this to me was my gf and we ended up going out for 8 months. I eventually broke it off at the end. Don't listen to what a girl says, pay attention to her actions. You DJ's out there should know that a woman herself doesn't even know what she wants, let alone her type. "Girls don't always say what they mean, and mean what they say."

Back to my ex. On our first date she bluntly said "you're not my type, I don't date guys like you." Haha, think I paid attention to that B.S.? F### no. I knew that if i played my cards right and show her the greatest time whenever she was around me, i had a pretty good shot at winning her over. And I did:D

Bottom line, don't pay attention to what a woman says, they don't know what they want or what they're type is. Only us DJ's do :) Hell, like someone esle said above, It could be a sh1t test too. So next time a girl tries to tell you what her type is or what she's attracted to just nodd your head and agree..."sure you do"
Or maybe she's not attracted to him and never will, and it is one of those where you cut your loses? No big deal. I don't disagree with what you said, yet, lets face it, in order for your approach to work, the guy needs to NOT CARE about the outcome. The OP cared way too much about everything, and was negative since before he even met her. He had too much invested in the outcome, then after the date, is too wounded after being rejected, perhaps because he didn't reject first. I don't know, but he's still dwelling.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
drift king said:
Obviously you did something right to get her to go out with you and obviously you're did something wrong on the date.

You don't say anything to it. You tell her "don't forget to write" and excuse yourself politely.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sandow said:
Yeah, actions speak louder than words! Women will have many differing emotions and as well as that they'll throw sh!t etc at you but you'll know by her actions. Many AFC's go by words only which I myself used to do as well. At the moment I'm seeing a girl like this.. her words say one thing but her actions say another.

By the sound of things I'm sure the OP's date wasn't attracted to him and her actions as well as her words probably told him this.

I

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of times a woman will say that stuff just to make you qualify yourself to her. Most AFC's would immediately start trying to make themselves appear as though they WERE her type i.e. "Oh, but I AM really into dancing--I went clubbing just the other night!"

Just ignore it. Or, even better, bust on her lightly for it. "Come on...you don't need to pretend like you're not interested to get me to like you. I read all about that in this month's 'CosmoGirl,' too..."

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No response will do unless you absolutely don't care what she says or thinks of you. That's where the challenge is. But for those of you who are "Line Junkies", this is a good one a friend of mine was told:

"You're not my type either, but you might be my dad's type."

Now, your dad better be uglier, less successul, less desirable, and less of a catch than you you, or make sure she doesn't know your dad!:D

MKS82

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a ch1ck say this to me and we ended up dating like 2 months after she said that. When a girl says that youre not that type it could mean the feel threatened by your value and are trying to compromise their ego. The ch1ck who said this to me knows I got a lot of sh1t going for me and she has less and I got more going than a lot of dudes she meets.

Tex

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a similar case with some girl I met a few weeks ago. When she told me I wasn't her type I told her I had been thinking the exact same thing but out in an effort to be cordial I hadn't said it. I haven't spoken to her yet but she keeps trying get me to feel sorry for her...If I had been in your situation I would have told her either that I didn't appreciate that much or that I didn't think she was my type either (if that was the case). I felt a little insulted when that girl told me that...I mean who the hell goes out and tells someone that to their face...If the date fell apart right there I'd have just chalked that up as a draw or maybe even just stuck around to have an interesting story to tell my buddies...

drift king

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog said:
"I did think I was out of your league alright.. ;) "!
that's good, but what if she counters with 'actually i think i'm the one who's out of your league ;)' or something else along those lines?

would a response of 'oh really.. why is that?' be good at diffusing her comment?