Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Resizing pants and jeans?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I bought some nice pants and jeans last year which no longer fit. They are about 4 inches too big in the waist. Anyone know if a tailor could take them in so I can save the pants and jeans? These 150.00+ pants, six pairs or so. Rather not lose them. The shirts I had to toss. No chance in saving those. Anyone have experience in doing this?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I bought some nice pants and jeans last year which no longer fit. They are about 4 inches too big in the waist. Anyone know if a tailor could take them in so I can save the pants and jeans? These 150.00+ pants, six pairs or so. Rather not lose them. The shirts I had to toss. No chance in saving those. Anyone have experience in doing this?
Male strippers ROUTINELY buy their pants too big to have them tailored for PERFECT fit. Tailoring of suit or pants produces highest quality results. Go for it.

They can do shirts too. Customized anything will be better than off the shelf.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You able to try make it fit, but its wont be as nice as early. Easily and more more correctly to buy new pair. If you worry about price I can recommend to search discount. for example, I buy coupons, and get price less about 30-70%. Try to search something for yourself , I'm sure when you buy your first discount you will never fix old clothes)
Even brand new can be tailored for a much more perfect fit. Mem whose livelyhoods depend on an ultimate appearance have their clothes tailored.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I did bring in my stuff to resize and the tailer didn't believe they were my pants. Shirts I had to throw out as I am not a medium. Pants were saved and look and feel much better. They had to be taken in at the waist and legs. Was a few hundred dollars, but much cheaper than buying new pants and stuff. I am just buying new shirts from TJ Maxx and Amazon as needed. 99% of my current shirts are XL. I do not have the free money to throw out on a new wardrobe. I will build it up again over time.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
https://www.mtailor.com/

There are apps for your phone to measure you and buy custom taylored shirts. Have not tried one yet.

I’m more of a jeans and tee shirt guy.
I do not think they do old pants and jeans, only new stuff. I trimmed down now over 20 pounds, so a lot had to be taken in. Some shirts I am still able to wear, like t-shirts, but polos and button downs no go. I had to argue with my boss to give me new company shirts as the XL shirts the city gave me are just too big. Amazed that I fit into a adult medium. I usually shop at Kohls or TJ Maxx. I can't really afford the expensive name brands unless they are on clearance sale. That was why I wanted to save these. Christ, I just bought them over the last year. I stick with solid colors nothing really trendy so I do not have to replace my clothes too often. This Mtailor seems a bit pricey when compared to Kohls or TJ Maxx.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have lost 95 pounds. I hear you. Clothes get expensive if you have to replace every few months.
I already told you. Male strippers and male fitness models buy their clothes too large on purpose. They have them taylored down to fit their bodies perfectly. Custom anything blows away general off the shelf anything. So look at it as an upgrade.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I already told you. Male strippers and male fitness models buy their clothes too large on purpose. They have them taylored down to fit their bodies perfectly. Custom anything blows away general off the shelf anything. So look at it as an upgrade.
I understand, but I cannot buy new clothes every few months. The pants and jeans fit nicely now. Good enough for me. I needed to buy new shirts though. Wasn't worth tailoring them at 15 bucks a pop.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand, but I cannot buy new clothes every few months. The pants and jeans fit nicely now. Good enough for me. I needed to buy new shirts though. Wasn't worth tailoring them at 15 bucks a pop.
You did good! I got a couple pants need to be taken down.