Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Reply to "Let's just be friends" text

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I got one of these "LJBF" texts and I agreed with her, said we had no chemistry whatsoever but I'd genuinely have her as a friend. Then she said something along the lines of "actually I don't have enough time for even my current friends..." lol
That’s the other thing. Even when you try to keep a chick as a friend to gain a social circle contact, she’s often not even interested in that role either.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday I went on a date with a girl from Bumble. The date was fun but she asked me a few times about my previous dates, how many girls I dated, etc. I always said I would tell her later when we know each other more. She seemed a bit insecure about it.

In the end I tried to go for the kiss, but she rejected me and asked to just hug. Low IL, I was guessing, so deleted her number as soon as I got home.

Today she texted me just "Hey there :)"

So I replied: "Hey, it was fun hanging out yesterday, let's do it again this Wednesday night at X (bar)"

She replied: "I had a good time too but I think we should just be friends. I am sorry I wasn't feeling the same. Maybe we can hang out again later?"
(Why TF reach out then? I don't get it. I clearly offered her Wednesday)

I am thinking of replying: "Yes, for sure! To be honest, there wasn't much physical attraction on my part but I am the kind of guy who would always go for it anyway.

Let's be friends! You're a cool person to hang out with, and I can tell you openly about my crazy dating experiences going forward ;)"

Is this is a good reply, or does it sound too butthurt? I want to text this and then leave it at that, or should I just go ghost? I don't really care if we are friends or if she really means it but I am open to it for sure. Otherwise fk her!

Answer with "K"

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday I went on a date with a girl from Bumble. The date was fun but she asked me a few times about my previous dates, how many girls I dated, etc. I always said I would tell her later when we know each other more. She seemed a bit insecure about it.

In the end I tried to go for the kiss, but she rejected me and asked to just hug. Low IL, I was guessing, so deleted her number as soon as I got home.

So I replied: "Hey, it was fun hanging out yesterday, let's do it again this Wednesday night at X (bar)"

She replied: "I had a good time too but I think we should just be friends. I am sorry I wasn't feeling the same. Maybe we can hang out again later?"

I am thinking of replying: "Yes, for sure! To be honest, there wasn't much physical attraction on my part but I am the kind of guy who would always go for it anyway.

Let's be friends! You're a cool person to hang out with, and I can tell you openly about my crazy dating experiences going forward ;)"

Is this is a good reply, or does it sound too butthurt? I want to text this and then leave it at that, or should I just go ghost? I don't really care if we are friends or if she really means it but I am open to it for sure. Otherwise fk her!

Nextttttttt

The only option is no reply.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

My response would be to block her number, then delete her.

Reaction score
When dealing with garbage level prospects from swipe apps, getting ghosted is better than getting the "I had a great time together but do not see this progressing" bullshiit text. Women do that to be cordial but it's so vague that it's not helpful in any way.

It's possible to get that bullshiit type post-first date text from women that you meet from in-person approaching too.

Ghosting isn't the worst thing. In fact, in many cases, it is preferable.
I just don’t get why these Girls waste our time in the first place lol

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could ignore, but I'd just send 'no worries, take care'. Personally think saying nothing makes you look 'butthurt'. Polite, but short response shows you're not bothered by it.

then hang around in the bushes outside her house wearing night vision googles for a few weeks.

Igetit!

Reaction score
“No problem. Wishing you the best!”

Next
I like this response. Either something like this, or don't respond at all.

I get it.....no one likes to be friend zoned or rejected,but this girl was straight-up honest. She didn't play games, and she didn't try to lead you on. She just came straight out and told you the truth. I like that. No wasting of my time. No playing around with my emotions. Just straight truth. I find that kind of refreshing.

She's not interested. It happens. Wish her well,then move on with your life. There's no point in trying to "drive her crazy", or "make her hamster wheel spin". You'll only end up wasting your time, and then end up resenting her for not being interested after all that additional time you invested. But it'll be your fault because you didn't just simply move on when she was told you she wasn't interested from the getgo.

Just go pursue someone else.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I get it.....no one likes to be friend zoned or rejected,but this girl was straight-up honest. She didn't play games, and she didn't try to lead you on. She just came straight out and told you the truth. I like that. No wasting of my time. No playing around with my emotions. Just straight truth. I find that kind of refreshing.

She's not interested. It happens. Wish her well,then move on with your life. There's no point in trying to "drive her crazy", or "make her hamster wheel spin". You'll only end up wasting your time, and then end up resenting her for not being interested after all that additional time you invested. But it'll be your fault because you didn't just simply move on when she was told you she wasn't interested from the getgo.

I mean she wasn’t THAT honest. If she was she wouldn’t have offered to be friends, just reject and leave it at that. But she chose to throw out the friend thing which no one wants. What he should have said is “not really looking for friends, enjoyed our date though, take care!” Y’all gotta quit accepting this friends stuff even if it’s fake, because eventually you’re gonna run across some manipulative woman that takes you up on it and you’ll be hanging out with her in the friendzone wasting your time while you could be out with someone else. The ones on here accepting the friends thing just haven’t met a narcissistic enough woman yet that uses the friendzone for free dates and favors, but they’ll eventually meet her. Don’t accept friend offers, guys, not even as a polite response.

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The offer of friendship is her way of letting you down easy.
Remember there‘s a sea of thirsty men out there and many can be aggressive with a rejection.
Of course your don‘t accept, it’s superficial. What would you prefer?
Ghosted?
“Sorry, OP, you dried me up like the Sahara desert?
What she did was more respectful than most of the trash on OLDs.

“Ok“ is sufficient. You’re projecting I’m unfazed, unemotional and will simply move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: B80

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder if him not answering her dating history questions, resulted in her thinking "he must be a loser that can't get girls". And made her decision about him right then.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder if him not answering her dating history questions, resulted in her thinking "he must be a loser that can't get girls". And made her decision about him right then.
Probably but if she’s that wishy washy then good riddance. I had a woman suddenly lose interest and Friendzone me all because I said I didn’t like to be tied up during sex. I didn’t know that was the reason until months later, but the fact that that one little thing made her judge me and lose interest is her problem not mine.

greatsnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

keep it short, no need to pour your heart out. Don't let someone shake you out from your frame!

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Decent answer, I would have “the same amount of guys you’ve dated.”

“Feeling the same as who? I didn’t say I had feelings, I just said I had fun.”

Reactions: B80

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
They usually insist on a “dating history.” Just tell them something, even if you have to make it up. For example, say you were with somebody for six months.

Evading those questions doesn’t usually go over well.

I’m not taking her side. Just noting what I’ve observed recently from chicks.

Last edited:

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Decent answer, I would have “the same amount of guys you’ve dated.”

“Feeling the same as who? I didn’t say I had feelings, I just said I had fun.”
I like it '“Feeling the same as who? I didn’t say I had feelings, I just said I had fun.”'

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
“I already have friends, but I’m sure you’ll find some :)

And then go no contact

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what about sending a pic squatting up and down really quickly onto a bottle of wine?