Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Reliable Cars

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't seen anyone talk cars on here in a while. So, couple of topics for discussion here.

Reliable Cars:
What are some brands and models you have found to be particularly reliable? Everyone says Toyota Camrys and Corollas are, but they are pretty boring looking.
Also, I knew someone who bought a Corolla and hated it. Said it rode horrible and let in too much road noise.
I don't think much of Dodge. I've seen a headgasket go out on a early 2000s Ram with only 80k-90k miles on it. Also knew someone who had a motor blow around 100k-130k. Both were properly maintained.

Cars that draw women's attention: Now, I know one shouldn't rely on a car for attracting women. It is true though that a nice car never hurt projecting a man's status. So, what are some cars that you think are real lady grabbers?

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not qualified to speak on car purchases that will attract women. However, before making a purchase, there is one female feature that I always check.

Always recline the passenger seat back. Then imagine the comfort of a female laying back and your comfort and legroom on top.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not qualified to speak on car purchases that will attract women. However, before making a purchase, there is one female feature that I always check.

Always recline the passenger seat back. Then imagine the comfort of a female laying back and your comfort and legroom on top.
Speak no further

Sir FB

Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m a Toyota Fanboy. If you’re looking for value, and used look at Lexus ES330/350. Basically a Camry with a nicer interior, quieter ride and cooler badge. I’m a bit of a car nut, just got a 98 LS400 for $500 that needed an alternator and a battery, it’s got 240k on it but I get a huge kick out of bombing around in a $500 RWD V8 luxury sedan that cost someone $40k new.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reliability? Attract women? Practical? Cheap to own (maintenance)? Second row seats fold flat, whole lotta room in the back

welcome to owning a Toyota 4 runner.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I consider myself a semi-pro mechanic since I've been wrenching on cars(mine, families, friends) since high school.

Basically any Toyota or Honda. Honda's are generally more stylish and driver's oriented. Both will easily last 120k+ miles with just basic maintenance. Once past those miles, they start needing stuff like timing belts, shocks, bushings, etc. that can be a little more expensive to replace.

All the newest Toyota's and Honda's though can be little more nuisance since they have heavy electronics(2008+) if you buy a high mileage used one because all the electronics are finicky and can throw check engine lights at the slightest hiccup.

If you're looking to wow girls, Get the sports version like a Civic Si or Honda Accord SE. The newest Camry SE looks pretty stylish too(subjective).

If you wanna also exude a sense of status, get a Lexus(Toyota) if you're after more comfort and luxury. If you're after more a of driver's car with sporty nature, get an Acura(Honda).

However with that said, I only have one Honda in my stable. Most are European cars but that's because I do my own work. I would not recommend a European car out of warranty for anyone that doesn't wrench on cars themselves as they can be quite expensive to maintain or repair.

PM me with your budget and what specific things you're looking for and I can do some quick searches and suggestions.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Modern cars are all reliable with proper maintenance. I’ve owned all Chevy cars. Despite the reputation, I’ve had no major issues during ownership.

As far as attraction, ladies love my black Chevrolet Volt. It’s shocking because it wasn’t purchased with any status element in mind. I think as long as a vehicle is clean, well maintained, and practical they like it.

Last edited:

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Modern cars are all reliable with proper maintenance. I’ve owned all Chevy cars. Despite the reputation, I’ve had no major issues during ownership.
Yes and No. Modern cars are reliable in the engine department but the more electronics they have is what goes wrong here and there. Everything is digital and sensor based these days. Even if the motors do not fail, the electronics will.

Chevy's aren't as electronic heavy as say a Mercedes so it makes sense that there will be less chances of something going wrong with a Chevy.

There are other reliable cars but the most reliable cars statistically will be Honda's and Toyota's. Kia and Hyundai are also good front runners, especially if you get ones that had the 10yr/100k warranties if you wanted to play it safe. But Kia and Hyundai are still seen as "budget" cars by the public.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as attraction, ladies love my black Chevrolet Volt. It’s shocking because it wasn’t purchased with any status element in mind. I think as long as a vehicle is clean, well maintained, and practical they like it.
Black always looks good on cars. I have 2 black cars and they look good when they are clean. It's just a b1tch to keep em that way. LOL
Yeah the Volt, you can also sell the efficiency and saving the environment/polluting less line to girls too. All females like anything environment friendly. haha. :up:

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My fiancé is driving a Camry with 250K on it. Still purrs like a kitten, and so does the car.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My fiancé is driving a Camry with 250K on it. Still purrs like a kitten, and so does the car.
:up:
Pretty typical of the older Camry/Corolla/Civic's. Personally I had a two Civics at 230k miles and my friend's Corolla went 260k miles without burning oil. These are cars where if you stay on top of the oil changes, little else can go wrong(except electronics on higher mileage newish models).

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't seen anyone talk cars on here in a while. So, couple of topics for discussion here.

Reliable Cars:
What are some brands and models you have found to be particularly reliable? Everyone says Toyota Camrys and Corollas are, but they are pretty boring looking.
Also, I knew someone who bought a Corolla and hated it. Said it rode horrible and let in too much road noise.
I don't think much of Dodge. I've seen a headgasket go out on a early 2000s Ram with only 80k-90k miles on it. Also knew someone who had a motor blow around 100k-130k. Both were properly maintained.

Cars that draw women's attention: Now, I know one shouldn't rely on a car for attracting women. It is true though that a nice car never hurt projecting a man's status. So, what are some cars that you think are real lady grabbers?
Take this opinion at face value, we are not certified car mechanics.

Statistically speaking, makes like Honda and Toyota go past the 200K-250K odometer reading (not all of them and depends on luck and more importantly proper maintenance and care). These are makes known to not only last but also very economical and cheap to maintain.

This brings us to our main point, most people purchase based on quality, value, and popularity. Very seldom do people actually take maintenance into consideration. The reason we bring this up is that if you are looking for a reliable car make, it means you are looking for a car that will last, so while Honda and Toyota's are known to be super reliable cars, you are looking to own that car for a long time and maintenance costs play a huge factor. For example, makes like Jeep or WV are actually pretty well-made cars, but they are known to have issues at some point, and maintenance can be expensive.

Also, gas mileage is another factor when thinking about keeping a car long-term. Add those costs and you can see a better picture of what fits your budget and lifestyle, not your ego nor the opinion of others.

And last but not least, if you want to bring the girl-magnet factor when thinking of buying a car, let's just say that again, you want a car that fits your budget, not your ego. No car will make a woman want to stay with you if you are simply an AFC. Meaning, you can have a Prius but with the right mindset and attitude, you can still pull HB8+s.

**But if you must know, and this is my (founder of Modern Man Advice) personal opinion. I do like a car that is reliable, cheap on maintenance, and that feels like I'm actually driving a car, that I'm connected to the wheel, the engine, and a car that I can't wait to sit on and drive for hours because it is so craftily and beautifully designed both in the interior and exterior. And that to me, is what Mazda does very well. I currently drive a 2019 Mazda3 Hatchback and it perfectly has a good balance of all the things I care about mentioned above. My only regret is not getting a slightly bigger car, like their CX5 or 9. But that is only because I do a lot of road trips and either camp or sleep in my car. To which I say, if you go for a Toyota, the new Rav4 Hybrid is your best choice as it also meets the criteria mentioned above.**

Anyways, hope this helps brother!

Modern Man Advice

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Full size chevy trucks have bad engines. There is a class action lawsuit against the trucks before the 16 to 19 model year, and then the trucks that are model year 16 to 19 have a different problem. They blow the engine at 80 to 100k miles.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Full size chevy trucks have bad engines. There is a class action lawsuit against the trucks before the 16 to 19 model year, and then the trucks that are model year 16 to 19 have a different problem. They blow the engine at 80 to 100k miles.
what's full size? 1 ton?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably doesn't even use oil and runs smooth...
The crazy thing is that this particular engine has a manufacturing defect and blows through a lot of oil. I have always had her change the oil at frequent intervals and it has had no problems. Runs amazingly smoothly for that amount of miles.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Black always looks good on cars. I have 2 black cars and they look good when they are clean. It's just a b1tch to keep em that way. LOL
Yeah the Volt, you can also sell the efficiency and saving the environment/polluting less line to girls too. All females like anything environment friendly. haha. :up:
My experience with Hyundais has been odd issues. I got a mid 2000s Elantra up to 160k+. It did well overall. Blew a radiator around 150k. Cv axles went bad around that time too. Thing was a champ though.

I had a 2012 Veloster that I put 160k+ miles on.
Had a sunroof shatter without cause
. Knocking noise in steering.
Vibration issues kept popping up from various causes.
Bad piston rings causing it tp burn oil like crazy.