Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Relationships wont make you Happy.

Alexandar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
“My significant other makes me so happy!”

“Thanks to my significant other, I finally found happiness!”

“I’m done with my significant other, they just don’t make me happy anymore.”

“Break up with your significant other, you deserve to be happy!”

When I read or hear any variation of the above quotes, I cringe and die a little inside. Why have we become people who willingly and voluntarily allow someone else to control the state of our happiness? We’ve collectively accepted that it’s totally fine to give someone else the remote control to our emotional state.

A relationship is not meant to make you happy. It is nobody’s job to make you happy (unless you’re rich and can hire someone to fulfill all your needs, then by all means!). To put an expectation on someone else that their commitment to you is a commitment to keep you in a constant state of happiness, is ****ing lunacy. It’s insane! We’ve all drank the same Kool-Aid and we’re all like, yeah, it’s cool to let someone else dictate how happy or unhappy I am without having any responsibility to myself.

YOU MAKE YOURSELF AS HAPPY OR AS UNHAPPY AS YOU WANT. Don’t put that kind of pressure on someone else. Don’t allow someone else to have dominion over how you feel on a day to day basis.

Yes, relationships are wonderful and they add so much to our lives, but they are not here in existence to provide a happiness we can’t find in ourselves. Relationships don’t fill a void or affix an emotional band-aid on your pain. Relationships aren’t the missing piece to your fulfillment. A person is not your other or better half.

You are a complete person without a relationship. Let’s say that again:

YOU ARE A COMPLETE AND WHOLE PERSON WITHOUT A RELATIONSHIP.

A man or woman is not a BFF pendant, where they have the other half of your heart. Our happiness or our wholeness is not outside of ourselves. There is no finding happiness. This is not a scavenger hunt. You feel happy. You don’t find it or lose it or attain it or buy it. You feel it, just as much as you feel sadness or anger or frustration or attraction.

Stop putting these expectations on romantic relationships. We’ve gone too far off center from the true nature of romantic relationships. And, because of this, because we don’t understand that a relationship is not meant to fulfill a gap or void or bring us happiness, we have yet to experience the gifts of what romantic love actually offers.

In a relationship, you grow. You’re attracted to someone based on how much they can allow you to grow, to understand parts of yourself you couldn’t understand without them, to experience what it’s like to be vulnerable. And through that vulnerability, you learn more about who you are; you shed layers of yourself that don’t serve you; you heal painful memories, and share and release trauma.

Relationships are about healing, are about a person who you feel so strongly attached to that you can’t help but face the types of growth moments that come up in a fight that rips you apart or during a moment so intimate you see yourself differently. You come up against your own beliefs about love and commitment and vulnerability and resolve and strength.

And a relationship, because of the intensity of feelings, presents to you your most raw and vulnerable. You get down to the heart of yourself. It’s not pretty. It’s not happy. It’s not bright and shiny. It’s not all morning sex and forehead kisses. It’s messy. And it’s painful. And it’s an identity crisis.

And it’s a mirror showing you every part of yourself you’re ashamed of, that you hate about yourself, that you wish you could hide away. It’s nakedness. It’s beautiful. And it’s miserable.

And it’s life. It’s life sped up and put right in front of your face. It’s your reflection and it forces you to choose the parts of yourself you want to keep, the parts you want to change, and the parts you need to discard so you can experience a deeper level of love with this person in front of you.

It’s not sunshine and rainbows and a constant euphoria. It’s not about breaking up because you’re no longer happy. A relationship ends when you’ve each served your purpose to each other, in terms of growth. You part ways when you’re meant to part ways, when there’s nothing more you can learn from each other, when you’ve, quite literally, grown out of each other.

And that’s what love is. Love is higher expressions of yourself. Love is expansion. Love is openness and vulnerability and rawness and nakedness. Love is facing your darkest parts of yourself. Love is being ashamed one day and liberated the next. Love is infrequently pure, unadulterated ecstasy and happiness.

And that’s okay. We’re here for more than just constant bliss. We’re here to, each day, shed layers of ourselves, be better versions of who we used to be, and to be strong and vulnerable, and to grow.

Alexandar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
that is funny lol

as for your comments, you just misunderstood, it was a quote related to the mentality of needing happiness from a relationship. its not meant literally :)

it just means how some people think that their significant other is the thing making them unhappy.

Alexandar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yea, its the root of the problem you described in your nature thread. which also was a very good post.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
The media trains people to believe they must be in this constant state of "happiness" and if they are not happy 24/7 something is horribly wrong. The media also teaches you that happiness comes from women and consumer goods. Totally WRONG. But in the movies.. the guy is not happy until he "gets the girl". This is because most hollywood writers are pathetic faggots and entitled girl-power c*nts. BUT since the words written by these goofs are spewed by attractive men and women.. people eat it up.

The rule of monkey see monkey do says that people will follow others to "fit in" and assume what works for someone else will work for them. Even if its fictional TV garbage.

But what exactly IS happiness?

I think it is.. in part, freedom from worry and stress. And this comprises a number of elements.. including, but not limited to:

1. Freedom from fear and financial worry.
2. Freedom from Pain.
3. A sense of worth and productivity.

Women have NOTHING to do with this. Women are a form or entertainment and a way to reproduce. That is it.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I, as a man, only really care about SEX (with a physically desirable woman, of course). I care not to delve in to the mind of ANY woman. They just CAN'T comprehend on our level. They are NOT Equal! Never will be. They need to be the way they once were, as ornaments in the background, staying out of fighting matters. The men take care of the serious Sh!t period.

This was the way it was pre-1960s and should be the way it is now. No more Women fightin' battles. It's Re****ULOUS, what we see before us today.

There will be dire consequences for all of this WASTE in the future.

We are living in lala land right now. I've seen countless women "on the job" that are NOT working. They can do repetitive detailed tasks but not create anything meaningful beyond interior decorating. I've seen them run their husband's business into the ground after taking his business from him after a divorce.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King said:
The media trains people to believe they must be in this constant state of "happiness" and if they are not happy 24/7 something is horribly wrong. The media also teaches you that happiness comes from women and consumer goods. Totally WRONG. But in the movies.. the guy is not happy until he "gets the girl". This is because most hollywood writers are pathetic faggots and entitled girl-power c*nts. BUT since the words written by these goofs are spewed by attractive men and women.. people eat it up.

The rule of monkey see monkey do says that people will follow others to "fit in" and assume what works for someone else will work for them. Even if its fictional TV garbage.

But what exactly IS happiness?

I think it is.. in part, freedom from worry and stress. And this comprises a number of elements.. including, but not limited to:

1. Freedom from fear and financial worry.
2. Freedom from Pain.
3. A sense of worth and productivity.

Women have NOTHING to do with this. Women are a form or entertainment and a way to reproduce. That is it.
Happiness is a state of mind. You can take 2 people and put them in the exact same situation---one can be perfectly happy and the other can be miserable. You control your state of mind, and you decide if you are going to let it change your attitude towards life.

Serenity

Reaction score
Bad feelings on either part makes a bad relationship. Good feelings on both parts makes a good relationship. Sometimes we don't immediately realize that we're the one's fvcking things up with our bad feelings, because we believe she's making us happy. The truth in that case is that she's growing tired trying to satisfy us, but it never seems to be enough because we continue to depend on her to make us happy. When she realizes that it's never enough she stops, what's the point continuing if it depletes her and we're unhappy regardless?

If we make ourselves happy without needing her she's free to be happy as well. Just think that if some woman was constantly nagging on us and expecting us to make them happy, would we be happy with that? If we were happy to begin with I'm sure we would be drained pretty quickly in this situation, unless we pulled out.

Very good post, nailed exactly how I feel in the relationship I recently got into.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think relationships can be a source of happiness , before anyone jumps on my case I'm not saying all of your happiness.

There's nothing wrong with finding some happiness in a relationship.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
If you let a relationship make you happy than one will easily make you unhappy. I've heard stories of guys committing suicide because they could not get over a break up or got divorced. The age of the loyal woman is gone, so men need to learn how to adapt to the "I can always leave the relationship at any point" tactic. Obviously girls are ahead of us because they have mastered this technique.

om1xr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
marmel75 said:
Happiness is a state of mind. You can take 2 people and put them in the exact same situation---one can be perfectly happy and the other can be miserable. You control your state of mind, and you decide if you are going to let it change your attitude towards life.
This man gets it! Happiness is a choice. Period.

if your happiness or more like impermanent pleasures come from external things or people then you will suffer a lot.

when you are free of relying on external things and people to be happy all those things and people will come to your life with no effort at all but if you keep chasing and clinging your mind will fvck you up your life big time because most thoughts and beliefs are pure illusion.

make your mind still and there will be only happiness and peace. whoever gets this will find happiness.

peace!

om1xr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Grewd said:
Bad feelings on either part makes a bad relationship. Good feelings on both parts makes a good relationship. Sometimes we don't immediately realize that we're the one's fvcking things up with our bad feelings, because we believe she's making us happy. The truth in that case is that she's growing tired trying to satisfy us, but it never seems to be enough because we continue to depend on her to make us happy. When she realizes that it's never enough she stops, what's the point continuing if it depletes her and we're unhappy regardless?

If we make ourselves happy without needing her she's free to be happy as well. Just think that if some woman was constantly nagging on us and expecting us to make them happy, would we be happy with that? If we were happy to begin with I'm sure we would be drained pretty quickly in this situation, unless we pulled out.

Very good post, nailed exactly how I feel in the relationship I recently got into.
you bring interesting questions to the table my friend.

it's pretty simple actually. How someone who doesn't love himself or his life will love another person, that's impossible. people who don't love themselves know nothing about love and they can't either love other people truly or bring more joy to other people.

Seriousl people who know nothing about love Reading trying to love each other. that's insanity and after the fake facades fall them there will be a lot of drama and misery and sh!t all over the place lol.

Love yourself and everything will fall in place. you don't find live outside but you find it inside.

om1xr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Grewd said:

it's pretty simple actually. How someone who doesn't love himself or his life will love another person, that's impossible. people who don't love themselves know nothing about love and they can't either love other people truly or bring more joy to other people.

Seriously people who know nothing about love are trying to love each other. that's insanity and after the fake facades fall them there will be a lot of drama and misery and sh!t all over the place lol.

Love yourself and everything will fall in place. you don't find live outside but you find it inside.

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great stuff.

Poonani Maker said:
I, as a man, only really care about SEX
If that's how you genuinely feel and think then you've reached a milestone, congrats.

So many of us fancy about romance fantasies and romeo&juliet roleplaying, while in reality good sex without headaches is all a man should care about.

om1xr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Grewd said:

Seriously people who know nothing about love are trying to love each other. that's insanity and after the fake facades fall then there will be a lot of drama and misery and sh!t all over the place lol.

Love yourself and everything will fall in place. you don't find love outside but you find it inside.

magna

Banned
Reaction score
The lack of loving themselves is what creates all these AFC's and white knights, man. If you are waf, you KNOW that you're waf. You will project this and high value women WILL come to notice you. Then, if you handle things properly, you can be in a mutually great reliationship. but the foundations have to be there first. She has to be waf, (and know it) too.

if you doubt that you're waf, then you AINT waf. Get busy building your skills and resultant self esteem. Read Nathaniel Branden's book THE PSYCHOLOGY OF SELF ESTEEM. Leonard Piekoff's work on OBJECTIVISM is highly likely to help you, too, but it's post-graduate type scholar-rigor sort of thought.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never had a LTR but after a few bad experiences with my oneitis, crushing, and heartbreak, I decided it was better to go for hookups. I haven't had feelings for a girl that I kissed since the first time. After that I turned cold.

I believe I will find the right girl. I've never been with someone who reciprocated my feelings. Maybe that's what I'm missing. Maybe it will change my mindset for the better. Sometimes I think of myself as a heartless jerk but it's ok. I have so much in store for me.

Also, I feel like I need experience before I encounter someone I care about. I'm trying to lose my virginity because it doesn't matter to me anymore. I passed up the first good chance I had at that because I wanted her to be my girlfriend. I was foolish. At least I have some wisdom now.

I'm not venting, this is just my take on relationships.

Take it or leave it.

BrainDamage92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently saw this picture that went like:

"Achievement unlocked: getting a girlfriend."

and then

"+1 happiness
+5 troubles"

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fully agree with most of the comments above

i think to really understand what we are talking about you need to transcend that level of "need" you have for women / relationships / marraige / children

unfortuantely for the maijority of men this is uncomprehendable freinds of mine included

they think a life without women means a life without pu$$y .....but it doesnt

once you detach yourself from the system which forces men and women together , you start to realise well actually i dont need to put up with any of this $hit to be a perfectly normal healthy and happy human being

and yes you can still have your pu$$y with this lifestyle ive proven it a hundred times over

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bingo-Player said:

once you detach yourself from the system which forces men and women together , you start to realise well actually i dont need to put up with any of this $hit to be a perfectly normal healthy and happy human being

and yes you can still have your pu$$y with this lifestyle ive proven it a hundred times over
You DO need pvssy unless you are fag or a woman. What you don't need is putting up with their shlt to get it.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bingo-Player said:
How do you have pu$$y without women?
Are you talking about a pocket pu$$y, or a fleshlight, or something?
:rolleyes: