"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Rejection

SIXPAKGQ

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
125
Reaction score
0
Location
Houston, TX // San Jose, CA
So how does it really feel to be rejected by someone you really cared for? How long does it take to get over it? and how do you build up your confidence level enough to move on? How did you feel when you get rejected the first time? If you are good looking, how often will women think you are the same also?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
688
Reaction score
0
1. Feels like shiot

2. Depends on the person

3. Keep busy, meet other women, go out, etc...

4. I feel like it's 'their' lost, not mine. Rejection is a state of mind.

5. Depends on how often you conduct yourself as 'the man' and not some WUSS bag.
 

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest USA
The thing I've realized about rejection is that when it REALLY hurts, it hurts because it's seems to be a judgement about who you really are. Rejection plays on my personal insecurities or on real personal weaknesses.

An example of playing on insecurities would be being afraid that you were rejected because you were not good in bed. You have to decide whether or not you are going to believe this.

An example of real personal weaknesses is being a boring conversationalist and actually knowing it.

If you decide that your fears are valid and that you really do have a real personal weakness, then you MUST focus on the fact that this is a temporary situation and is NOT inherent to yourself. You have to focus on the fact that you can and will change. Once you frame the weakness as temporary, your hopelessness and despair goes away. You now have a solution and a way out. YOU are a bad conversationalist but you are not inherently a bad conversationalist. The same goes for failure. You failed but you are not inherently a failure because you can take steps to success.
 

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2002
Messages
464
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
Rejection hurts but I must say that learning this DJ mindset has help me be more resilient to its pain. I was sorta surprised, because I thought learning DJ will help me score chicks easier. But instead, my success rate is the same... but the rejection doesn't hurt that much.

I agree with AlwaysExcel. You also lessen the pain when you don't put your girl at a high pedestal. Think about it, if you were to get rejected by a UG4 (don't know why you want this in the first place, but let's assume), you won't get moved. But a girl that you somehow idolize will be more painful.

I know this isn't the best way, but I always focus on the negative of the girl when I get dumped. Example, she's has bad body odor, so I focus on that and think.... thank God she dumped me, I saved my nose. The more you go over it and find other girls, the faster your recovery. A LTR (over 1 yr) takes a couple of months to heal for most guys on this site.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Seeph

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 18, 2003
Messages
145
Reaction score
1
Location
Cloud 9
what you have to realize is that rejection is a part of life.. just think of it this way:

There are girls that you would not hook up with if they asked you... no offense to them

There are girls that would not hook up with you .... no offense to you.

You just gotta learn to deal with it and brush it off and move on.
 

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest USA
SixpakGQ why do you "really care for" someone you just asked out for the first time??? Rejection from strange girls doesn't matter as much to me. I actually find their bizarre excuses amusing. But really, what I said before applies even more in this situation. If you feel very bad about rejection from people you haven't even gone out with, it's probably because of your own self image. Are your fears about yourself justified? If they are, then focus on the fact that you CAN change.
 

SIXPAKGQ

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
125
Reaction score
0
Location
Houston, TX // San Jose, CA
....

to me, it hurts more if i get rejected from the begenning but if i get rejected down the line in a relationship, it hurts but it does not lower my self confidence, u see what i am saying?
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
Re: ....

Originally posted by SIXPAKGQ
to me, it hurts more if i get rejected from the begenning but if i get rejected down the line in a relationship, it hurts but it does not lower my self confidence, u see what i am saying?
I feel the same way. If I get rejected right away it makes me question alot of things like "am i ugly", "did I say something wrong." If I get rejected down the line to me it just meant we weren't a good match but she atleast thought I was somewhat attractive at one point.
 

Sardaukar

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
to me, it hurts more if i get rejected from the begenning but if i get rejected down the line in a relationship, it hurts but it does not lower my self confidence, u see what i am saying?
A better question would be, what would it take for me to increase my self esteem and self worth FOR GOOD.

Well, any takers?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Top