Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Regarding The_Mole's post

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nocturnal
"The rich white guy" may be true in many cases, but, not in all. There are poor white people. There are poor black people. There are poor asians. There are poor hispanics. The list goes on. From your point of view, I'm curious, why should asians get affirmative action?

http://www.census.gov/hhes/income/histinc/incperdet.html

White per capita income (2001): $24,127
Asian per capita income (2001): $24,277

In case you didn't know it already, the average asian man makes more money than the average white man (although they are roughly the same).

In my opinion, the current racial problems our country is facing are mostly the effects of being socioeconomically unblalanced. If that's true, then there is no reason for asians to get affirmative action because they are earning more than anyone (including whites).

If there are other primary reasons you believe that affirmative action should be instated (for asians in particular), what are they?

On the other side of things, you see that the per capita income for blacks (2001) is $14,953 -- a long shot from the $24,000 that asians and whites are getting. Hispanics are even lower ($13,003) but that is understandable due to the large numbers of recent immigrants. If there is a need for affirmative action, it is because far too many blacks (and hispanics) are on the border of poverty.
Bro..you proved my point.

There is no racial equality when it comes to being an asian minority because the HELP is not there and was never there to begin with. So you're black - we have help for you. So you're latino - we have help for. So you're asian - sorry bud...you don't need the help!

I thought the goal of affirmative action was to help minorities become more represented into the working field? Yes, as a minority group, there are more asians represented in the working world as professionals, but, there was NEVER an equal playing field as far as competition with other ethnicities for admission to schools, scholarship opportunities, or the such.

While I went to school and received my degrees, with-in my 'asian' social circle..it was already known that to be accepted into our university programs, we had to study harder than any minority because only the asian minority had no help from affirmative action. The blacks had tons of help. As with the latinos. Not much of an even playing field for us asians. We even joked that we had to try harder than the white guys in class.

I was unaware of the statistic you put up.

But, I'll let all the none asians in on a little secret. Next time you fill out a medical application, an SAT form, a graduate level college entrance form, take the LSAT, DAT, MCAT, or other professional application. Look at the section where it asks for ETHNICITY.

I'll guarantee you that you'll see something that looks similar to this
O - Asian (Mainland Asian and Pacific Islands - Japan, China, India, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Phillipines, Korea.etc)

Asians are lumped into one catagory with a HUGE gap within its own socio-economical ranks. I'd wager that the statistic you bring up about asians making ~$24k/year does not reflect the true socio-economic gap between the MANY, and I'll state it again, MANY, asian cultures there are out there.

I'd further wager to state that the higher end ~$24k/year salary are made up of majority Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Korean wages. How about the Vietnamese, Cambodian, Laos, Phillipine asian countries who are most likely making closer to the black per year wage?

My point? The numbers are misconstrude and clump asians together as a big happy family that doesn't need any help. It makes the uneven playing field more tilted.

Its the same attitude and slap to the face an asian will receive when he is called a "chink"...in which many cases he is not even Chinese. Its happened to me before. I'm sure I'm not alone on ths one.

Do I have a solution? No...I guess I'm like every other asian that see's the barriers, yet, over comes them. However, the unbalanced playing field is still there.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheInfamousCBear
The fukked up part is that Ive had alot of asian friends/associates in my life, and they have never said any of the stuff you posted...Maybe they dont feel it cause there are alot of asians around here, or maybe cause I never got on that kind of sh1t with them...
Maybe they are the stereo typical AFC asian that see's it...accepts it...and lives with it.

Being asian, and having MANY asian friends from all types of asian ethnicities - WE ALL TALK ABOUT IT. Whether we were raised here or from our respected homeland, we see what is going on.

The next step is a solution.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's fantastic how we are keeping this mature and civil. :) Let's keep it going guys - there's hope for all of us yet.

I still want to believe.

- Jake

DJ naruto

Don Juan
Reaction score
good job in keeping this mature guys.

Firstly, part of what everyone has exposed-- Francisco, Jakethasnake, Hypnotiq, Nocturnal, the-mole etc-- is true . I know for a fact that Asians are stereotyped because of the color of their skin, the structure of their countenance, and the way their hair looks --their overall description.) It is evident in movies, tv shows etc. Also, it is true (as Jake the Snake said) that there myriads of ways of determining success, or who needs help.
Francisco also showed us that it’s not good to classify good “white guys” at fault for things that their counterparts did or are doing (Is that not reverse stereotyping. Before you
guys say anything I am Black, so relax :p )

Still regardless of the validity of the points made, I believed we veered from the original purpose of this thread: should asians get affirmative action? Digressing from the main purpose is akin boat sailing in circles in the middle of the atlantic ocean with no
destination. (hmm that was deep :D) Just as the boat will keep on sailing forever, this arguement would end up going on and on and on. While I have been aware that Asians were been stereotyped/discriminated against I have not heard anyone say what I have heard here. Thus, I would like to thank you for further enlightening me. Still, we should talk about one point to its conclusion before moving on to another point. Do asians
deserve affirmative action?

Nocturnal put up some good stats, which are very hard to dispute. With asians on the average making more money than even whites, one might say that whites rather deserve to get affirmative action to help them get into better paying jobs. However, this is a contradiction in terms since they are more than adequately -- okay, they are the majority-- represented in these high paying jobs. However, affirmative action was put in place to create a level economic playing field-- and its a shamed endeavour at that. While being stereotyped, being insulted, being dissed etc are all bad things but they don’t keep you from acquiring what is necessary in your life as long as you are
provided with the freedom to do what you want. To further explain this, I’ll present you ballers with two scenarios. In one instance there is a man who is being insulted,
labeled as a chink, as a ******, or as a cracker and who has no money and meagre finances. And on the other hand is the same insulted person with money this time. Though both cases are
fvcked up, you’ll agree with me that the first scenarios is more F’ed up. While the person in the second scenario receives verbal abuse, he still has the means of feeding and providing shelter for himself and his children. In the first scenario, not only is the person being verbally abused but he also can’t feed himself or provide shelter for himself. In short he can’t the purchase/ attain the necessities of life --without which he might die-- in our driven society. This needs to be fixed. And I’ll conjecture that thats why affirmative action was conceived. It was put there to close the
socio-economic gap between the rich and the poor: hispanics and whites, blacks and whites, hispanics and asians, blacks and asians. Having a bad mental health isn’t concrete reason for instituting affirmative action for asians. While Commiting suicide is messed up it still is dependent on ones self and ones self esteem. Being able to afford shelter or food, is dependent on making money and not on your self esteem.
Yes, its true that Asians are all just clumped together-- and thats Fvked up. Picture the government endeavouring to deal with each country individually. Imagine how tedious it will be if they broke up asians into Koreans, Chinese, Vietnamese, Sri lankans and blacks into Nigerians, Senegalise, Kenyans, Ugandans, South Africans, and whites in Irish, English, Russians, Germans, bulgarians etc... That would make the governments job
utterly confusing and tedious-- man, had I listed every single country in the world even reading this post would have been tedious and annoying. :rolleyes: Consequently, blacks are lumped together, Asians are lumped together and whites are lumped together. Whats good for one group is good for the other, right. Now, I’m not saying that its right for the government to do so, I’m simply suggesting a logical reason for doing so. If a government did that this would be a completely different arguement.

D@mn, this post is getting too long :mad:, but pleze bare with me.

Quotin Jakethasnake: Asian medical students and medical professionals literally innundate hospitals all across the country. For every black lawyer "stud" coveted by women on shows like Ally Mcbeal and Sex and the City (to give a really gay/corny example, sorry), we should see about 3 Asian doctors and lawyers that fit the same description.

You’ve raised a great point. But don’t you guys think reality is better than fiction. Isn’t it better for a DJ to have numerous girls than to have people think he has numerous girls
(Did i make that up :) )

Qouting the mole:
“black people (benzino) complain eminem acts black.”

All I got to say is dude CHILL, you sound exceptionally bitter. While its true, remember it’s only a minority of blacks, namely benzino. Moreover, blacks are not the reason anyone refused affirmative action. If you believe that asians deserve affirmative action, making that kind of argument leads you no where. Make your point, explain why.

In summary, I believe as nocturnal does that affirmative action is based on ones ability to purchase the necessities, but not dependent on one’s emotional well being etc. I’m happy
we are having this discussion, being aware of everything everyone has said makes us all better men.

Thumbs up guys!
:D

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Naruto.

Good points all of them.

I'd like to preface this post by stating that the ACTUAL original point of this post was in regards to The_Mole's original thread started in another forum regarding black and asian portrayal in the media.

The topic of affirmative action was brought up by me, and, I was mostly relating it to my (and many asian friends') experience with affirmative action in regards to University admissions to undergraduate and graduate studies.

Yes, it would be easier and far less tedious to just clump asians together...that's why its done...and that's why there is a disparity. Yea...I know we can go down the list of ALL the countries in the world and it would be pretty impossible to base an affirmative action program toward every individual country's needs and socio-economic lacking...hence, I have no suggestion.

My views were stated because I feel many people don't see it as a problem. Hell, as an asian american myself, I play "good-soldier"..know the rules...take care of business, and get the job done. THAT'S the mindset many asians are forced to live with because there is NO help in regards to asians and affirmative action. Do asians need it? Sure, statistics don't lie...but, ask the next asian person you meet in college fighting to get into Law School or Med School.

The Edge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Regarding The_Mole's post

Originally posted by jakethasnake
("What? The Chinese have been in America for hundreds of years? Prove it!"). :p
love,

Jakethasnake.

;)
The amount of years has absolutely nothin to do with it. White America is definitely not irrational in its haste to make us Blacks the token of race-relational-amendment.(so to speak):rolleyes: ,over all the other races present in the US today.

While I never play the race card, since I am of both White and Black heritage, I can tell you for a fact that immigrating(Chinese) and being forced here(Black slaves) are two completely different things.

So the reasoning behind this so called favoritism has its merits, validity and links, from a period you would never be able to compare nor comprehend.

Suck it up Jake, you've always shot at the fukkyn hip the moment anyone on this site made a single comment glorifying blacks to a point..

And your comments although thought provoking, combine to form an image of a guy extremely uncomfortable in his own skin.

With love in that special way,

E. Banderas

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*yawn*

We are not going to start this again, you muck-raker. :rolleyes: