Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Regain attraction for you?

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree completely I was confused reading his initial post.
I have lost family from deaths and cancer and it is beyond difficult dealing with it alone.

Why in the world would this woman not look at her husband like the hero she was lucky to have instead of she doesn't feel the same about him???

Something is up.

In times of crisis partners come together and become closer not more apart.
It is very rare that women will appreciate what they have, they always think they can upgrade from what they have and that includes the men in their life. Sad part is society teaches them that this selfish self centered behaviour is acceptable.

She didn't appreciate a loving husband that supported her in her time of need, i also had a friend who got lung cancer and when his health deteriorated to the point where he needed help the most his wife walked out on him. It was brutal.

But until we men refuse to give this garbage behaviour any acknowledgement it will only continue.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd tell her it's time to get off the fence. She wants a Divorce? Fine just let me know, there are a few I've got my eye on....... she'll probably want to work things out then. BUT this being in limbo, not getting laid? not knowing if you should go out? for the birds

sports0705

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, I stopped getting notifications of new responses, so I hadn't come back on here. Appreciate the responses.

In terms of her being with another guy. Obviously, I can't say for certain. However, until she left, I can be as certain as possible that she wasn't having sex with anyone else. Unless it was at work, I don't know when she would have even had time. She was always home, or out with me. With us being separated, who knows. As far as her getting attention from other guys (texting, FB, etc), that I don't know.

To give you all an update. I let her know that I figured out some things I need to do for myself (get back to the gym, hang out with friends more, etc), whether we stay together or not. Obviously, I'm simplifying what I said. She later said to me that was exactly what she wanted to hear, and she was so happy to hear it. She said she wants to get "us" back, she's just worried the attraction can't be regained. However, she said that what I told her shocked her so much that it changed her mind to thinking that this is still worth trying to correct.

Since then, she has upped the frequency of contacting me. She has even texted me at 2:30am saying she couldn't sleep and was thinking about me. She contacts me about making plans, and it was her idea for us to spend Valentine's Day together. She even said she wants to stay over that night. She found out I am going to the Vegas to watch the Super Bowl with a friend (she is obsessed with football, so watching all games together is our "thing"). She was texting me how sad she was that she wasn't going to be watching the game with me. I haven't initiated contacted once, aside from something I needed answered about the house, or bills, or something.

I know some of you may think I'm just being an idiot, but I think the difference in my situation is her depression. She is so unhappy overall right now, and she needed time to work on herself. She has said to me, our therapist, and I've ever heard it from third party sources still to this day, when she talks about me to people she tells them I am the best husband anyone could ask for. She talks me up constantly and continuously says I've done nothing wrong. What she says is that with her intimacy issues, everything going on in her life, her upbringing of always being alone to deal with problems, that she feels marriage just may not be best for who she is. She's said she fully believes that if we get divorced, she will never remarry. She even said, "if I'm unhappy with you being my husband, clearly marriage is just wrong for me."

My hope is that she is just going through a dark time and that feeling of marriage not being right for her would disappear once we got back on track. But this time apart from her has taught me two things: 1) I still very much love her, and how things stand, I am still trying to get her back. 2) My happiness is the ultimate importance. I refuse to be blind to what is going on (even though I'm sure some of you think I am), and I won't accept her back with open arms without some major, deep, blunt conversations about all of this.

I'm not just going to drop her like some of you suggest. That is reckless advice jumping directly to that when you don't know the full story. She is without a doubt my best friend. This isn't just a relationship. I understand what many of you have said about me being the only one holding up my end of the marriage, and trust me, I have thought of all of that on my own. But until I have proof of something that is unforgivable (an affair), she gives me no choice, or it drags on longer than I can handle, I want to make it work and came here looking for advice on how to do that.

sports0705

Don Juan
Reaction score
This woman is so wicked and evil its beyond belief. If you have the courage to do it you are going to find out some really disgusting sh!t.
See, this is my point. You make such a massively rash decision based on 3 paragraphs about my wife, as if you know more than I do. The thing is, even if you end up being right, you don't have nearly the information to determine that. Your comment is far from helpful.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, I stopped getting notifications of new responses, so I hadn't come back on here. Appreciate the responses.

In terms of her being with another guy. Obviously, I can't say for certain. However, until she left, I can be as certain as possible that she wasn't having sex with anyone else. Unless it was at work, I don't know when she would have even had time. She was always home, or out with me. With us being separated, who knows. As far as her getting attention from other guys (texting, FB, etc), that I don't know.

To give you all an update. I let her know that I figured out some things I need to do for myself (get back to the gym, hang out with friends more, etc), whether we stay together or not. Obviously, I'm simplifying what I said. She later said to me that was exactly what she wanted to hear, and she was so happy to hear it. She said she wants to get "us" back, she's just worried the attraction can't be regained. However, she said that what I told her shocked her so much that it changed her mind to thinking that this is still worth trying to correct.

Since then, she has upped the frequency of contacting me. She has even texted me at 2:30am saying she couldn't sleep and was thinking about me. She contacts me about making plans, and it was her idea for us to spend Valentine's Day together. She even said she wants to stay over that night. She found out I am going to the Vegas to watch the Super Bowl with a friend (she is obsessed with football, so watching all games together is our "thing"). She was texting me how sad she was that she wasn't going to be watching the game with me. I haven't initiated contacted once, aside from something I needed answered about the house, or bills, or something.

I know some of you may think I'm just being an idiot, but I think the difference in my situation is her depression. She is so unhappy overall right now, and she needed time to work on herself. She has said to me, our therapist, and I've ever heard it from third party sources still to this day, when she talks about me to people she tells them I am the best husband anyone could ask for. She talks me up constantly and continuously says I've done nothing wrong. What she says is that with her intimacy issues, everything going on in her life, her upbringing of always being alone to deal with problems, that she feels marriage just may not be best for who she is. She's said she fully believes that if we get divorced, she will never remarry. She even said, "if I'm unhappy with you being my husband, clearly marriage is just wrong for me."

My hope is that she is just going through a dark time and that feeling of marriage not being right for her would disappear once we got back on track. But this time apart from her has taught me two things: 1) I still very much love her, and how things stand, I am still trying to get her back. 2) My happiness is the ultimate importance. I refuse to be blind to what is going on (even though I'm sure some of you think I am), and I won't accept her back with open arms without some major, deep, blunt conversations about all of this.

I'm not just going to drop her like some of you suggest. That is reckless advice jumping directly to that when you don't know the full story. She is without a doubt my best friend. This isn't just a relationship. I understand what many of you have said about me being the only one holding up my end of the marriage, and trust me, I have thought of all of that on my own. But until I have proof of something that is unforgivable (an affair), she gives me no choice, or it drags on longer than I can handle, I want to make it work and came here looking for advice on how to do that.
Well i wish you well but i think you are going down a dangerous road. You are teaching her that she can do what ever she wants, then act all nicey nice and you will take her back every time.

Not sure i lf she is cheating now? Well the next time she will for sure.

I hope when she texts or messages you delete them and ignore them.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep doing what you need to do for you.

She needs more than ever to see your leadership of your own life. Do the gym, do Vegas, do friend things. It is healthy for her to see you take care of yourself. Make decisions and go forward. This is mighty attractive in a man.

Attraction for women (I'm a woman) is subconscious in many ways. Much more complex than a man's attraction. Often a woman may not understand overtly WHY she FEELS the way she does.

If she reaches out again in the middle of the night...let her wonder where you are/who you are with/what you are doing. Do NOT respond. She needs to wonder a little if you have other options. Even if you are simply asleep just let it go.

She may be in a place of not wanting you back but also not wanting you to explore things with someone else. If she thinks you could possibly have options then she may think (subconscious ly) that she better compete to keep you.

This idea of her not liking marriage is not true. If it were she would not have got married in the first place. Watch actions and disregard words.

Whatever y'all talked about struck a chord in her. Keep going the direction you are going.

I think you got complacent and then started supplicating. Complacency and supplication are utter attraction killers. You were & are a good guy... but support is different than enabling her to wallow. Only you know which is more true.

I recall when my dad lost his mother he was devastated yet pragmatic. He said well, I had a mom 70 years. Now I don't. Gotta move on. I'll miss her. Then he went about life.

Death is part of the life process. It's natural & unavoidable. Lots of people dwell too heavily on death. It can become its own pathology being mired in grief. Only you know your situation as you said. You are choosing now to leave her to her grief and get going with your life.

By leading your own life you'll model that she ought to be living hers too. And if you retain your newly re-established autonomy, she can relax back into your leadership frame. And that is attractive.

sports0705

Don Juan
Reaction score
No offense but you remind me of a cheating woman who gets accused and reacts indignantly because she doesn't know how you found out yet. You don't need all the facts when your theory is sound. I do understand your situation and feel for you. I hope it works out but I really, really doubt it.

The woman lost sexual attraction for you because you cared too much for her. Wrap your brain around that.

Now, since she left you for sexual reasons, why on Earth would you assume she isn't having sex with others? She left you explicitly to pursue sexual attraction! No reason to leave otherwise.

Imagine if we are roommates but I'm muslim so I cant allow alcohol in the house. You stick around for a year and a half but you just really want to be able to drink and watch the game at home. Finally, you say "hey, you're a good guy and I enjoyed being your roommate but I really want to be able to drink at home." You move to a new apartment. Should I assume you're not drinking because I don't have all the info, like I didn't catch you walking out of a liquor store with a six pack?
Listen, I see your point, and I'm not simply ignoring it. Trust me, everything you and everyone said I am absolutely taking into account. But your example is a huge over-simplification. A lot of what you've said is over-simplification. Wanting to drink is as simple as wanting to drink. This situation is far from being that cut and dry. She is dealing with depression, issues with intimacy, and even some hormonal issues that have yet to be addressed.

My point is you and others are literally telling me to leave my wife, when you don't know the full info. You are basing it on a couple forum posts where I have purposely left info off because it doesn't matter based on my original question. I really hope no one here would make a decision of that magnitude based solely on the information you know from this thread. You may end up being 100% correct. But your comments are based on a lack of information, to the point that I can't simply follow your recommendations at this point. No matter how much you "prove" your point. It is still based on very limit info.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen, I see your point, and I'm not simply ignoring it. Trust me, everything you and everyone said I am absolutely taking into account. But your example is a huge over-simplification. A lot of what you've said is over-simplification. Wanting to drink is as simple as wanting to drink. This situation is far from being that cut and dry. She is dealing with depression, issues with intimacy, and even some hormonal issues that have yet to be addressed.

My point is you and others are literally telling me to leave my wife, when you don't know the full info. You are basing it on a couple forum posts where I have purposely left info off because it doesn't matter based on my original question. I really hope no one here would make a decision of that magnitude based solely on the information you know from this thread. You may end up being 100% correct. But your comments are based on a lack of information, to the point that I can't simply follow your recommendations at this point. No matter how much you "prove" your point. It is still based on very limit info.
The analogy was saying that she wants to go somewhere she feels this huge sexual attraction, that they suspect she's not feeling any to none at all with you. Thus she wants to go take a drink!

sports0705

Don Juan
Reaction score
The analogy was saying that she wants to go somewhere she feels this huge sexual attraction, that they suspect she's not feeling any to none at all with you. Thus she wants to go take a drink!
I understand. I am just saying there are many other factors at play.

There's really no reason to leave out relevant information other than to fish for the answer you want
My question in my original post wasn't "should I stay with my wife?" I was simply asking if people had experience with women regaining attraction. The entire details of my situation are not relevant to answer that question. Just because people started chiming in that I need to drop her immediately doesn't mean that is what I came here asking for.

I'm a grown man, and I know what I am doing. I am handling the situation how I feel it needs to be handled for myself. I only came here asking a more generic question related to the position I am in. I offered some details just so people reading it had at least some context around my question. I greatly appreciate the book suggestion from mrgoodstuff, and it has helped me, in that it is reinforcing what I was already doing. But that was really the extent of what I was looking for in terms of actual advice.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand. I am just saying there are many other factors at play.

My question in my original post wasn't "should I stay with my wife?" I was simply asking if people had experience with women regaining attraction. The entire details of my situation are not relevant to answer that question. Just because people started chiming in that I need to drop her immediately doesn't mean that is what I came here asking for.

I'm a grown man, and I know what I am doing. I am handling the situation how I feel it needs to be handled for myself. I only came here asking a more generic question related to the position I am in. I offered some details just so people reading it had at least some context around my question. I greatly appreciate the book suggestion from mrgoodstuff, and it has helped me, in that it is reinforcing what I was already doing. But that was really the extent of what I was looking for in terms of actual advice.
Just stay away from her while you work on yourself. Be selfish about it. You deserve it.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Should you stay with your wife ? Well her behaviour would not warrant rewarding her with having you in her life but you have stated a few times you left out info and we don't know the whole story

Ok. If this new info will shed light on your situation then lets see it. I have a feeling it won't change the situation much

Prime_Beef

Don Juan
Reaction score
ACORHH Another Case of Other Rooster in the Hen House.

How you deal with it is up to you; stay, go talk, walk. Something piqued her interest and it ain't you. Happens sometimes when lots of drama.

Consider yourself lucky, it happened a year and a half in, no kids. Imagine married 10,15,20 years, she leaves , takes half and then some, moves in 3 weeks later with new guy..kids drifting in the wind. Let her fill out divorce papers and start. You can always cancel if she comes back and work it out. Sometimes women marry men for security and comfort, when the worst that can happen has, they learn they can endure it, they cut the constraining lifeline.

Sorry man

Prime_Beef has seen this play too many times.

Last edited:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ACORHH Another Case of Other Rooster in the Hen House.

How you deal with it is up to you; stay, go talk, walk. Something piqued her interest and it ain't you. Happens sometimes when lots of drama.

Consider yourself lucky, it happened a year and a half in, no kids. Imagine married 10,15,20 years, she leaves , takes half and then some, moves in 3 weeks later with new guy..kids drifting in the wind. Let her fill out divorce papers and start. You can always cancel if she comes back and work it out. Sometimes women marry men for security and comfort, when the worst that can happen has, they learn they can endure it, they cut the constraining lifeline.

Sorry man

Prime_Beef has seen this play too many times.
Yes, got lucky!

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@resilient athol had a heart attack and had to step back somewhere. Forums took the hit.

To the OP. Seriously.... get urself athol kays book mindful attraction plan. Your wifes words when shes high on anxiety are just feelings and gibberish. You love ur wife... so you know your the bloody captain so start steering your ship (not to be confused with being a total azzhat to her even tho she might seemingly deserve it) If you dislike reading u can do a google search for ART of CHARM ATHOL KAY and download his podcast. Its like 45min mp3 but athol summarizes all his ideas into the one interview and its funny AF. Of course his books are more detailed.

Serious... stop reading this now and go get his 3 books. 1. The primer 2. Mindful attraction plan and 3. Do these jeans make my ass look fat. The 3rd one is optional .. i just ordered it myself lol.... wife wants to read it. ... yes all the books are approved by my wife... she said later to me "i get it.. now just shut up and do it mr captain and quit makin me be captain".... it took a bit but she shyt tests me alot less now and we have more fun. (Except currently, cuz i fuked up my ankle in martial arts).

Again... the podcast too... u can listen on ur commute to work on ur mp3.. i promise after u hear it you will be very interested in his writing. Cheaper than divorce... and in his mindful attraction plan... the stay plan is the same as the go plan. You'll see. If you do.. keep it to yourself. Like nike says... just do it.

Edit to add: i hope ur keepin track of her cycles... it helps alot when determining when to be more aloof or not. Always remember the week b4 bleeding is when her hormones go crazy and she seemingly hates the world ot it seemingly hates her :). Her relief comes when day 1 of her cycles starts which happens to be first bleeding day.

Last edited:

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed with what Epimanes said. It's better to work on yourself in a 'silent/stealth mode' if you will, that doesn't attract her attention. It's better for her to be pleasantly surprised thinking "wow.. he got his sh!t together... awesome" than believe that you're running a covert contract to get her to stay/come back or fall back in love with you as a temp fix. The change is for you to keep your head out of complacency territory when your life improves, not just in your relationship, yet other areas too like fitness, work, family, friendships, etc.

Not sure if it's in the DJ bible or elsewhere but many DJs confirm that whatever a DJ did to get a woman to fall in love with him often enough is the same substance that can muster enough energy to respark attraction. Not guaranteed like I previously wrote, yet it's better than sitting on your loins. The tricky situation happens when another orbiter comes in like a shark for the kill or senses weakness in the relationship and is looking to take advantage of her waning IL. This is when you get those BS excuses or phrases like "Idk... it just happened..." that rationalizes the hamstering.

Just to reiterate... always be the captain of your own ship. If she bails or not, you're in charge of your life. Know where you're going or where you want to go, so you can adjust and calibrate your course direction when a sudden (life) storm rolls in.

Motivating movies:
1) (Re)Watch The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you: as Albert Mondego, the man!
2) (Re)Watch The Mask of Zorro (1998)

Don Diego de la Vega: There is a saying, a very old saying: when the pupil is ready the master will appear.

Last edited:

Glassguy

Reaction score

You asked for advice, you are getting it. Many of us here have went through similar situations. Some of us on here were "committed" to righting the ship. It always sinks at this point. You just dont want to hear what people are telling you because it could be true.

I have a few questions for you, please answer them. Since we dont know "all of the story" as you put it, this will help clear a few things up.

1.) Where is she living since you separated?

2.) What type of work does she do?

3.) How old is she?

Please answer these and I will go from there.