"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Red Sox Example Of Good DJing

BramhaBull60

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 23, 2001
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
I have read some great posts here on the DJ site about baseball and how it is interlinked to DJ skills, and I have to say that I hit upon something during the Red Sox/ Yankees ALCS championship game that I think explains how I have improved my dating life, and myself professionally( I am in marketing and sales, the definitive DJ skills position lol)

For those who lived under a rock the past week or two, the Red Sox capped the most amazing comeback in Baseball History by beating the Yankees, who were ahead of the Sox by three games and were and 1 out away from being swept 4-0. How did the Sox comeback? The basic answer is that they never took the losses too seriously. They knew they were good, knew they would get the game back, and in the end humiliated the greatest sports franchise in history. You never saw the players or coach throw a temper tantrum when the chips were down, insult each other, insult the fans, or blame the umpires for bad calls. They just stuck it out, kept playing their game, and ended up on top.

How does this relate to DJ skills? Well as males we tend to get bent out of shape by one or multiple rejections. We scream, yell, pout, and eventually give up. What does this accomplish? One more night alone with Mary and five lovely friends. I have found that if you just don’t let rejection get to you, and act cool, calm, and assured when you next a girl, that your mind is clear, you come off confident, and live a much more stress free life as a result. Don’t treat every loss like the end of the world, because the odds always swing back your way in the end. We all go in slumps, and face near elimination, but the good teams, and the good men, fight to play another day.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

ImpatientFire

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2002
Messages
109
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Very uplifting post. Helped me a lot (I'm just recovering from three multiple rejections). I won't let it put me down because I know deep down that I'm the man :) .
 

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2003
Messages
763
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
I really HATE the redsox, or any team from that area, especially the pats.

Good post though:D
 
Top