Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

RED MEAT.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Despite a Fashion for totally plant based diets I am not convinced...Genetically I think of myself as a West Atlantic Person,mainly Scots....My ancestors didn't roam far from the Coast where there was a constant supply of Sea Food and Atlantic Kale in Summer they would have roamed along the Rivers for Small mammals,lizards Snakes,foraged for Berries,Mushrooms,wild Parsnip...So we evolved/adapted our Digestion around that diet,hence I do eat Meat and Sea Food...The former does create problems as to varying degrees animals are exposed to toxic amounts of harmful chemicals,In this Country the cleanest Meat to buy is Lamb and I prefer that to all other sources...As I wish to avoid Carcinogenic Compounds I marinate my Meat overnight in cheap Red Wine,of course sadly you have to discard the marinade....Has anyone any thoughts on this?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Limit red meat intake to once a week or twice a week at most. Cooking it leads to toxic compounds being created that are cancerous to humans.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the source. I am a fan of goat meat. I have a local butcher that gets it straight from the local farm.

I do not eat pork at all. Beef I only indulge in on special occasion outings.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The seafood issue is a bit weird, the ocean is a radioactive dump, however some fish are way cleaner than others, especially smaller Atlantic fish.

Red meat is not bad for you. 99% of food "science" is based on poorly done epidemiological studies, which is not a science even though it's pervasive in healthcare and nutrition education. In the case of nutrition and red meat, it's largely on based on statistical analysis from self surveys. It has no ability to account for cofounding variables (for instance, people who eat red meat are more likely to smoke cigs), or inaccuracy in self reporting. It is simply used as a basic correlative model yet after 50+ years of being hammered by "correlation does not imply causation" arrogant, ego-driven "scientists" still insist on using epidemiological studies to make conclusive statements about red meat.

At this point is borders on propaganda.

Just don't eat factory farmed meat, that **** is bad for you simply because the quality is so poor.

Grass fed organic ground beef & organs are a superfood, much more so than kale or quinoa or some other silly nonsense.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The seafood issue is a bit weird, the ocean is a radioactive dump, however some fish are way cleaner than others, especially smaller Atlantic fish.

Red meat is not bad for you. 99% of food "science" is based on poorly done epidemiological studies, which is not a science even though it's pervasive in healthcare and nutrition education. In the case of nutrition and red meat, it's largely on based on statistical analysis from self surveys. It has no ability to account for cofounding variables (for instance, people who eat red meat are more likely to smoke cigs), or inaccuracy in self reporting. It is simply used as a basic correlative model yet after 50+ years of being hammered by "correlation does not imply causation" arrogant, ego-driven "scientists" still insist on using epidemiological studies to make conclusive statements about red meat.

At this point is borders on propaganda.

Just don't eat factory farmed meat, that **** is bad for you simply because the quality is so poor.

Grass fed organic ground beef & organs are a superfood, much more so than kale or quinoa or some other silly nonsense.
Re: seafood, the smaller / lower the food chain the better.

Agree re: red meat. It is highly nutritious. Not sure where the contrary came from.

Last edited:

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Despite a Fashion for totally plant based diets I am not convinced...Genetically I think of myself as a West Atlantic Person,mainly Scots....My ancestors didn't roam far from the Coast where there was a constant supply of Sea Food and Atlantic Kale in Summer they would have roamed along the Rivers for Small mammals,lizards Snakes,foraged for Berries,Mushrooms,wild Parsnip...So we evolved/adapted our Digestion around that diet,hence I do eat Meat and Sea Food...The former does create problems as to varying degrees animals are exposed to toxic amounts of harmful chemicals,In this Country the cleanest Meat to buy is Lamb and I prefer that to all other sources...As I wish to avoid Carcinogenic Compounds I marinate my Meat overnight in cheap Red Wine,of course sadly you have to discard the marinade....Has anyone any thoughts on this?

I mostly just binge on lean chicken, eggs and tuna because they are all healthy and practical.

As far as heavy metals goes, sweating a lot has proved to help eliminate them from your body. I sweat a **** tonne during and after my cardio sessions.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Red meat is the meat of men and gods. Weak men and women fear the red meat. And yet they still prefer eating it at expensive restaurants. Red meat has given me more energy, strength, and libido. Also, studies like to confuse you with throwing all bad red meat into the mix too. For instance, pork is a red meat and inflates a lot of the bad statistics.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Eye Be Rollin,
Your taste for Goat meat is really interesting...In this Country before the devastating fires Wild Goats were common,very difficult to shoot but occasionally my Son would bag one...But You of the Rolling Eye the thought of eating one never crossed our minds,so stringy and tough,even the Dogs aren't that keen...In the South Island Of New Zealand they are very common indeed,Uber might like to comment on whether the Kiwis eat them...Talking of Wild Meat,a few weeks ago I was wending my adulterous path home when I saw the Car in front belt a Bunny,from the way it jumped I knew it was very badly injured,I stopped,looked around found him on a front lawn...Well I chucked him in the Car and ten minutes later we were home and he was out of his furry jacket,his stink glands removed and marinating in a bucket of salty water,next day it was a six hours for him curried in the slow cooker!

Obee1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat mostly red meat as it contains a lot of nutrition in ample amounts that other meats do not. Creatine is an example of this. If red meat contains exogenous toxic compounds such as steroids, antibiotics and glyphosate etc., it seems to concentrate and store into the fat of the animals. As a rule, if I am buying regular red meat such as ground beef and steak, I go for the leanest cut. If I am buying grass fed organic red meat, I go for the fattiest cuts. I am going to cut and paste from an earlier post of mine so if some parts seem off topic, this is why. It touch's on digestion.
The benefits of vegetables are overhyped. Many of the benefits from vegetables are a result of hormesis. Your body could get the same response from other forms of hormesis such as exercise, sauna, cold exposures, and fasting to name a few. Vegetables have natural pesticides and herbicides to protect them in their environment. These are irritants to our bodies. The nutrients are not as bioavailable as the same nutrients in animal form. Humans have eyes on the front of our face because we're predators meant to search, focus, and hone in and kill our food. Our teeth are designed for tearing meat off the bone. Nature put vegetable eaters eyes on the side of the faces to give them a wide panoramic view to spot danger while they eat their veggies and give them the best chance for survival looking out for predators. Species living on vegetation have digestive systems that efficiently ferment the food eaten. Human digestive systems do not have the capacity to ferment large portions of food(veggies). I eat mostly animal based and have very little if any gastrointestinal stress. Humans digestive systems are one of the most acidic of living species. Many postulate that this allowed us to scavenge meat killed by other predators. I could go on. I'll be 54 this month and have been under 10% bf for 12 years and my blood work looks good. I'm not looking to debate. I am just stating why I am fine not eating vegetables and I don't seem to be suffering any bad consequences just as it appears that lions and tigers in the wild do just fine not getting 12 servings of broccoli every day and taking a multivitamin. I guess my point to all this should be, eat vegetables because you enjoy them and they taste good to you. Don't eat vegetables because you think it's the healthy thing to do even though you don't enjoy them. If a multivitamin actually makes you feel better, like feel $50-$80 worth of better, then take a multivitamin.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meat (and most processed foods) contains hardly any antioxidants, which are the real benefit of a lot of vegetables and fruits. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals (and bond to heavy metals). Under the DNA damage theory of aging, antioxidants slow cell damage and therefore make people live longer.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meat (and most processed foods) contains hardly any antioxidants, which are the real benefit of a lot of vegetables and fruits. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals (and bond to heavy metals). Under the DNA damage theory of aging, antioxidants slow cell damage and therefore make people live longer.

That's why my diet incorporates black coffee, blackberries(and other berries), nuts, broccoli, and dark chocolate.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat mostly red meat as it contains a lot of nutrition in ample amounts that other meats do not. Creatine is an example of this. If red meat contains exogenous toxic compounds such as steroids, antibiotics and glyphosate etc., it seems to concentrate and store into the fat of the animals. As a rule, if I am buying regular red meat such as ground beef and steak, I go for the leanest cut. If I am buying grass fed organic red meat, I go for the fattiest cuts. I am going to cut and paste from an earlier post of mine so if some parts seem off topic, this is why. It touch's on digestion.
The benefits of vegetables are overhyped. Many of the benefits from vegetables are a result of hormesis. Your body could get the same response from other forms of hormesis such as exercise, sauna, cold exposures, and fasting to name a few. Vegetables have natural pesticides and herbicides to protect them in their environment. These are irritants to our bodies. The nutrients are not as bioavailable as the same nutrients in animal form. Humans have eyes on the front of our face because we're predators meant to search, focus, and hone in and kill our food. Our teeth are designed for tearing meat off the bone. Nature put vegetable eaters eyes on the side of the faces to give them a wide panoramic view to spot danger while they eat their veggies and give them the best chance for survival looking out for predators. Species living on vegetation have digestive systems that efficiently ferment the food eaten. Human digestive systems do not have the capacity to ferment large portions of food(veggies). I eat mostly animal based and have very little if any gastrointestinal stress. Humans digestive systems are one of the most acidic of living species. Many postulate that this allowed us to scavenge meat killed by other predators. I could go on. I'll be 54 this month and have been under 10% bf for 12 years and my blood work looks good. I'm not looking to debate. I am just stating why I am fine not eating vegetables and I don't seem to be suffering any bad consequences just as it appears that lions and tigers in the wild do just fine not getting 12 servings of broccoli every day and taking a multivitamin. I guess my point to all this should be, eat vegetables because you enjoy them and they taste good to you. Don't eat vegetables because you think it's the healthy thing to do even though you don't enjoy them. If a multivitamin actually makes you feel better, like feel $50-$80 worth of better, then take a multivitamin.
What about fruit?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I could go on. I'll be 54 this month and have been under 10% bf for 12 years and my blood work looks good. I'm not looking to debate. I am just stating why I am fine not eating vegetables and I don't seem to be suffering any bad consequences just as it appears that lions and tigers in the wild do just fine not getting 12 servings of broccoli every day and taking a multivitamin.
Bruh. You did not just compare the human digestive system to that of felines…

Obee1

Don Juan
Reaction score

This is true but the fact of the matter is that there are antioxidants in meat and more specifically organ meats. The antioxidants found in organ meats are much more bioavailable. If you aren't eating a lot of processed food to include sugar, grains, and the like, than the body requires less antioxidants. In other words, these also cause oxidative stress. Spinach, wheat bran, and soy are foods are also very high levels of oxalates. This can be very problematic over the long term. Like I said in the previous post and which dovetails with that DNA damage theory, is that many of the benefits of vegetables comes from the hormesis effect. The same and healthier way to subject your body to this is with exercise, fasting, sauna, and ice baths. Sauna involves activating heat shock proteins. Fasting activates cell autophagy. Wikipedia is good for starters but when it comes to studies you really have to delve deep and not necessarily trust the conclusions because of all the variables. Many of these studies are observational. These are meant to form a hypothesis and put together an interventional study to prove or disprove. IMO, observational studies may show correlation but not necessarily causation. As you see in the link, the divorce rate in Maine correlates with the per capita consumption of margarine. https://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations .

Last edited:

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I prefer mine Medium Rare.

Last edited:

Obee1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bruh. You did not just compare the human digestive system to that of felines…
In a way yes. My bigger point is that we should challenge the status quo as to what is a healthy diet. We are supposedly much smarter today than our ancestors with this research and that research yet we are the fattest and more diseased than any other time in our history. And the fact that we live a bit longer can't explain it. Fatty liver disease is now common in 12 year old kids when once it was unheard of except in alcoholics. The American Indian people didn't have problems with obesity and diabetes till we put them on reservations and started subsidizing their food. There are no fat lions and tigers in the wild as they fast, then hunt, then kill there food. Many lions and tigers in captivity are over weight just as our cats and dogs because we think they need grains, and veggies, and corn meal in their food. Drive down the poorest area of your cities. Please explain to me how they can be that poor and that diseased and obese. It's because today you can literally overeat and be starved of proper nutrition at the same time. A person has to eat 600-1000 calories worth of grains and veggies etc. to get the proper maintenance amount of vitamins and protein or they or they can eat 3 oz. of steak, about 225 calories, for the same nutrition. I'm not here to preach or say I'm right. My right may not be yours. You do your own N of 1. I do what works for me and for athletes I work with. Sometimes I get new info and have to pivot. All I know is the doctors, politicians, and other experts are failing us.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In a way yes. My bigger point is that we should challenge the status quo as to what is a healthy diet. We are supposedly much smarter today than our ancestors with this research and that research yet we are the fattest and more diseased than any other time in our history. And the fact that we live a bit longer can't explain it. Fatty liver disease is now common in 12 year old kids when once it was unheard of except in alcoholics. The American Indian people didn't have problems with obesity and diabetes till we put them on reservations and started subsidizing their food. There are no fat lions and tigers in the wild as they fast, then hunt, then kill there food. Many lions and tigers in captivity are over weight just as our cats and dogs because we think they need grains, and veggies, and corn meal in their food. Drive down the poorest area of your cities. Please explain to me how they can be that poor and that diseased and obese. It's because today you can literally overeat and be starved of proper nutrition at the same time. A person has to eat 600-1000 calories worth of grains and veggies etc. to get the proper maintenance amount of vitamins and protein or they or they can eat 3 oz. of steak, about 225 calories, for the same nutrition. I'm not here to preach or say I'm right. My right may not be yours. You do your own N of 1. I do what works for me and for athletes I work with. Sometimes I get new info and have to pivot. All I know is the doctors, politicians, and other experts are failing us.
You keep mentioning in comparison to veggies, but what about fruit?

Obee1

Don Juan
Reaction score
What about fruit?
Good question. I'll just give you another hypothesis similar to that of the vegetables. Like vegetables don't want to be eaten which is why most are toxic. Fruit does want to be eaten. Humans can technically eat about 95% of animal life out there. It may not taste good but they won't kill us. We can't eat 95% of plant life. Most would kill us or make us very ill. However, most fruits do want to be eaten. That's why many are bright colored and visibly appealing. They get your attention. When you bite into them, they are sweet. This further encourages you to eat them. The genius part of the fruit plant is that now the animal or human that ate copious amounts of fruit moves on and eventually poops out the seeds. And the fruit plant, tree, lives on as you helped it spread its seed.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Obee1,
Yes like the Eskimo's of your far North you can certainly eat a 95%Animal diet and be very healthy,the problems arrive when you burn that meat as in Barbecue, then carcinogenic compounds are triggered and you are off to the Oncologist...That is the main reason I wrote in as I have the possibly vain illusion that marinating my meat does help....Beef is great but to minimise exposure to the chemicals that can also cause problems I chose Lamb as the little beasts are never drenched and generally feed on mountain Pastures.