Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Red flags on first dates

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
She probably dodged a bullet...you sound like the stick is shoved so far up your ass you cant even pull it out. Take some xanax bro. Relax. Chill. No need to be that high strung...my God...

You must be a blast to hang out with
I'm looking for a long term relationship, it's not unreasonable.

If you ignore red flags early on they always come back to bite you later on in the relationship.

If I just wanted casual sex I would throw out my standards and hope back on Tinder to plow through as many girls as possible.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- First date with woman, had a good time and she randomly blurts out "How many relationships have you had?". I gave her some b.s answer but looking back it feels kind of odd to be asking a guy you met on a saturday night out that question out of the blue.
This isn't a red flag, it's a classic sh!t test, the correct answer is some outrageous number coupled with a smile that says you'll never tell her.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman tells me on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th date that she was sexually abused as a child, I'd leave. The fact that she's mentioning it is because she's still dealing with it. What sane person brings that up in a casual discussion with someone who isn't their therapist??

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
If a woman tells me on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th date that she was sexually abused as a child, I'd leave. The fact that she's mentioning it is because she's still dealing with it. What sane person brings that up in a casual discussion with someone who isn't their therapist??
I agree. And this was the first date too.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree about the phone thing both ways if she takes a quick call and is properly apologetic all good. It's just the first date and the call might have been important.

But obviously if she leaves you sitting there for a long time while on the phone or texts all the time for Facebook updates or whatever the hell she's doing with it I would stick out my hand smile say nice meeting you and walk out. it's just like job interviews if they are stone cold rude on the way in its own only going to get worse.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's 15, in no particular order except the first one:

1) Poor hygiene
2) Interrupts while I'm talking
3) "Most of my friends are guys"
4) On phone or texting
5) Chews with mouth open
6) "Abuse" stories
7) Swears
8) Tats
9) Brags to impress
10) Feminist remarks
11) Into sports (I like 'em feminine)
12) Wandering eye on date
13) Strong regional accent
14) Loud voice
15) Overly revealing clothing

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Aunty is a therapist for abused women, i will tell you this now, if a woman mentions the word abused, stay polite and never involve yourself with her...........they are imho covert misandrists

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are looking for reasons to dismiss guys since they are drowning from attention, just like a high value man is screening women. Think tinder swipes "ahh too big nose - left", "he looks hot but his smile looks weird, he's probably gay - left" etc.
I see #1 as just one of those questions where she can form an opinion of you and potentially find a reason to dismiss. That's one of the reasons why we say don't say too much about yourself, be a mystery and a challenge and let her do most the talking since women love to talk about themselves anyway. You don't have to answer every question and this is one where there're no good answers really, except making fun of it, like Iamath and Kotaix said.
#2 is a huge red flag, run.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Women are looking for reasons to dismiss guys since they are drowning from attention, just like a high value man is screening women. Think tinder swipes "ahh too big nose - left", "he looks hot but his smile looks weird, he's probably gay - left" etc.
I see #1 as just one of those questions where she can form an opinion of you and potentially find a reason to dismiss. That's one of the reasons why we say don't say too much about yourself, be a mystery and a challenge and let her do most the talking since women love to talk about themselves anyway. You don't have to answer every question and this is one where there're no good answers really, except making fun of it, like Iamath and Kotaix said.
Exactly...which is why any chick you start talking to that keeps asking for more pics when you already have some up is no more than lukewarm interest at best.

Basically she is fishing for more pics to find a reason to dismiss you not because she wants to see what you look like...a bad angle...a bad hair cut...a bad outfit...any reason to get rid of you.

I dismiss them first.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
People say I say too much in texting before a first date and end up getting ghosted or turning them off.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she brings up Sex or exs, it's an automatic next from me
Her bringing up Sex is not only a good thing, it's one of the best possible things

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want casual one night stands yes, if your like me and want a serious long term relationship then no.
Sounds like a great way to screen out horny and high interest women so that you can end up in a sitcom marriage with a frigid wife that wants beta bux/is settling lol.

But you do you, good luck with that.