Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Recently split with my wife with one kid

Doggie

Don Juan
Reaction score
After laying some boundaries at home a major Rift developed and my wife left with my son, yes we've had our arguments here and there and it hasn't gotten to this before . My gut keeps telling me to move on.
Has anyone been in this situation?
Calling my inlaws is a whole other issue I totally won't do.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen to your gut, not your emotions.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
After laying some boundaries at home a major Rift developed and my wife left with my son, yes we've had our arguments here and there and it hasn't gotten to this before . My gut keeps telling me to move on.
Has anyone been in this situation?
Calling my inlaws is a whole other issue I totally won't do.
She left the marital home. This can be used to your advantage. Check with a lawyer ASAP on next steps.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, brother. I experienced what you did about a year and a half ago and it isn't easy. My advice is to absolutely trust your gut. There will be some weak moments where you will be willing to have her come back and give in. Don't do that under any circumstances.

The toughest part is going to be the start because you have a child involved. But once you get past that initial stage and some parameters are established in regards to your child through the courts and otherwise, you will embark on one of the best years of your life where you will reinvent yourself and have a stronger individual identity than you have had in a long time. And being able to be with other babes is going to make you remember how fun it is to have female companionship when it doesn't involve a battle every step of the way. The journey is not going to be easy as I can attest to, but you will do it and you will come out stronger in the end and be a better man and likely a better father.

Good luck.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on what your "boundaries" were. I'll be nosey...What did you tell her?

Only person you SHOULD be talking to is a lawyer. Because if she left with your child, she is serious, and you are looking at the potential for an expensive divorce. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Happens to thousands of men every year whether they deserve it or not.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Curious to know what you weren't compromising on?

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is something about which, regardless of anything else going through your head, right now, you want to consult the best, most father-friendly family lawyer you can find, immediately! Leverage is everything, no matter what you decide to do. If the in-laws like you, and you can converse calmly with them, might be worth expressing to them your dismay over the situation, and your wish for your wife to come home....if for no better reason than to buy some time, to gather Intel, and to drop her guard.
Do this asap
You need to know your options, just a quick consultation can save you a **** load of guture problem

Last edited:

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can tell you..... without a doubt.... your gut is right. Dont ignore it

FMCSMT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You do have custody. 50/50 time share beginning yesterday and record everything with an app on your phone. Retain lawyer. Let her file.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's called parental kidnapping, and it is a very serious felony.
I am not a lawyer but I think it is considered kidnapping only for separated couples, I would focus on how to keep the house than trying to waste time with other accusations , since she is a woman , most likely no charges will be laid and the police will be on her side. she might even say she left because she was scared from him

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not a lawyer but I think it is considered kidnapping only for separated couples, I would focus on how to keep the house than trying to waste time with other accusations , since she is a woman , most likely no charges will be laid and the police will be on her side. she might even say she left because she was scared from him
If the police wont help, which is always a possibility, then he has to go get a court order from a judge, which the police are bound to enforce.