Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

rebuilding social/dating life pre covid lockdown

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If some women rejects me I'm not really bothered by that.
The following negative things have happened to me at the gym or fitness classes with approaches.
1. Had a first date, went nowhere. That's a mild negative.
2. Have gotten rejected going for phone numbers
3. Have gotten phone numbers, but a flake before a date could occur
4. Have gotten rejected in a non-memorable way.
5. Got rejected by one woman, was given a horse manure excuse of having just gotten out of a relationship (she had moved to the city 6 months earlier so she likely had 6 months of freedom), and then less than 2 months later I saw her at a grocery store with some tall, muscular guy. I had to keep ignoring her at the gym for a period of years until I stopped seeing her. That really stunk.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before the fake pandemic, meetups for young adults were all very active. Even in smaller cities, turnouts were pretty strong. In bigger cities, young adult meetups could get triple digit attendees. Ratios weren't great, but 20/80 to 30/70 isn't much different than what you'd see at most bars or clubs, either.
That's a good point about the ratios being comparable to bars/clubs. However, depending upon how many people attend makes a difference, like you said a large meetup group for something like volleyball or insert whatever activity could work. I think the problem is when you get these meetup groups where you have like maybe 15 people attend, from what I've seen in my area in the past when I looked into it this was the case the vast majority of the time.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before the fake pandemic, meetups for young adults were all very active. Even in smaller cities, turnouts were pretty strong. In bigger cities, young adult meetups could get triple digit attendees. Ratios weren't great, but 20/80 to 30/70 isn't much different than what you'd see at most bars or clubs, either.
The female audience in most bars or clubs pre-fake pandemic was stronger than the audience of most Meetup groups.

bonesmahoney

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't write off gym approaches, but it's not ideal, either. Aside from getting your workout in in a generally fun, upbeat environment, the gym (used to be) a great place to get in some face time. Meaning, even if you don't approach, you can be seen as a familiar face and vice versa. So when you see that hot girl later, it's easy to strike up a conversation.

"Hey don't you go to my gym?"
"Oh yeah, what's your name?"
blah blah blah

SW, do you mean women were more receptive at meetups or less compared to bars and clubs?

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't write off gym approaches, but it's not ideal, either. Aside from getting your workout in in a generally fun, upbeat environment, the gym (used to be) a great place to get in some face time. Meaning, even if you don't approach, you can be seen as a familiar face and vice versa. So when you see that hot girl later, it's easy to strike up a conversation.

"Hey don't you go to my gym?"
"Oh yeah, what's your name?"
blah blah blah
Yeah, I agree with you on this, it actually can be a great place to meet a woman but I think you need to really be on top of things in an environment like this to avoid unnecessary awkwardness. Most people there are pretty chill from my personal experience, I have people ask me questions about what I'm doing and done the same myself.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SW, do you mean women were more receptive at meetups or less compared to bars and clubs?
I meant worse looking but easier to approach. Approaching at Meetups takes less guts than an approach in an ordinary bar/club environment.