Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Really? That’s just who you are?

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
It wasn't me. They tried to do it to me, too.

...and I didn't let them do it to my kids.
Very much so. I was told to give the answers they wanted to hear but stayed independent.
Even my mother told me this.

I didn’t give $hit about the plight of women and still don’t.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lock a genius in a room with a thousand morons for 12 years, and 9 times out of 10, you'll just end up with a thousand and one morons....especially if our thousand and one subjects aren't even fully formed adults. I think survivors would have more company, if we each chose to withdraw our children from this particular experiment.
Sweet, I'm a genius!

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll say this about schools. I agree that they're full of PC bullshyt these days. Those of you promoting home schooling are making great points. Obviously it's not practical for everyone right now. My parents happened to pay close attention to what was going on with my brothers and me in grade school. There were teachers whom my parents made clear they thought were incompetent and were cheating us as students. And they weren't afraid to speak up about it, at parent-teacher meetings or in private meetings when necessary. Conversely, when I got into trouble, my parents made sure I was punished but also tried to address what might be causing it (aside from just typical tomfoolery).

Eventually they pulled me out of the school system and put me into a private school. Not everyone has the means and my parents made financial sacrifices to try a new approach while I was still 11. I hated the idea at first, being yanked from my friends, but soon got to like the new system. I'd gone from my fifth grade teacher reading to us in class (a young adult novel) to studying T.S. Eliot plays and medieval history. And since I was challenged rather than placated, I got into trouble less, though still a healthy amount for a boy my age.

The point is, my parents paid attention, and while they gave teachers the chance prove they could teach (or not), they weren't going to let them parent me. The same problems could come from a lousy bus driver, soccer coach, or piano teacher. There's always that division of labor but a parent keeps his eye on everything.

U

user43770

Smart people will find a way to knowledge, as they have a passion for it. It's your every day dumb fvck that becomes a cog in the machine for 60 years. That's who we need to reach out to.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on, if anybody is a genius, it's whoever the education secretary was when you were in school. They chose what you got to learn.
I just looked it up out of curiosity. It was Bill Bennett, big time anti-drug crusader. That part of his curriculum didn't sink in. :rofl: Ah, the Reagan Years.

U

user43770

I just looked it up out of curiosity. It was Bill Bennett, big time anti-drug crusader. That part of his curriculum didn't sink in. :rofl: Ah, the Reagan Years.
I should have known. Bill fvcking Bennett.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But @samspade you went to all white schools for the most part, eh?

It's a little different when it's 50/50, let me tell ya
Mostly white. Grade school we had a couple of black kids here and there, like Token on South Park.

The private middle school had a lot of kids of university professors so it was more internationally diverse, but still privileged moneywise. E.g. the Indian girl I had a crush on was the daughter of an M.D. (of course).

High school was Catholic. Maybe 10% black? But that's partly because they were able to recruit athletes, lol. It was a college prep school more or less with a 98% college acceptance rate for grads, but I'm sure you can guess who slipped through the cracks.

U

user43770

Mostly white. Grade school we had a couple of black kids here and there, like Token on South Park.

The private middle school had a lot of kids of university professors so it was more internationally diverse, but still privileged moneywise. E.g. the Indian girl I had a crush on was the daughter of an M.D. (of course).

High school was Catholic. Maybe 10% black? But that's partly because they were able to recruit athletes, lol. It was a college prep school more or less with a 98% college acceptance rate for grads, but I'm sure you can guess who slipped through the cracks.
So you have to admit, your idea of "public schooling" is a bit different than mine.

U

user43770

Come watch your buddies be a part of the "knock out game," before it made news headlines.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you have to admit, your idea of "public schooling" is a bit different than mine.
Certainly.

Really they're different from one district to the next since it's based on property taxes, no?

U

user43770

Certainly.

Really they're different from one district to the next since it's based on property taxes, no?
Not sure about that. You ever heard of checker day?

That was the day when whites and blacks were supposed to get in fights lol. Still don't know the reasoning behind it

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Man, you lost this argument from the get go, yet your ego won't let you stop.

Why would I want to let some dumb 24 year old woman raise my kids with her beliefs? You realize that the child will spend the majority of their day around some dumb 24 year old liberal?

I agree with @samspade in that I don't have time to raise a kid, but if I did? You better believe that that kid would know more than most.

Our current economic system doesn't allow for home-schooling, as both parents typically have to work, but it was designed that way, grasshopper.

You've conveniently ignored every reference to organized sports. Which is where I learned how to win graciously and accept the inevitable defeat. They didn't teach that in grade school back in my day. And they sure don't now.
And you're conveniently ignored the origin of these men's grievance.

The proper question in that intellectual mind of yours should be this;

How could any man who thrived and benefited enormously from going to school in his youth would want to home school his son?

Unless he didn't.

Spaz has an amazing ability to know ur past, ur current state and also ur future.

Call me Saint Spaz and I'll teach you how it's done.