"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Reality based on perception...

pharoh

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 15, 2004
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, I have a serious problem here. During my high school years in another country, I was branded racist names because I was the only race in my school. I suffered from some illnesses, and had to take steroids and such, causing my whole body to inflame, causing me to look like a blimp. I was massacred with respect to my outer appearance by girls with names that I still remember like “big nose $******”, and I hated going out until it was night time. Anyway, the point I’m making is that I left from there with the self confidence of shyt.

Now, after coming back to the states and finishing my high school, I have now entered college. My high school years in the states weren’t bad at all, but I was and still am so quiet and shy because of my very low self-confidence and my fear of being rejected. I’m in my second year of college right now. The only thing that is different with me now is that I am considered to be very attractive by girls. Numerous times girls have said stuff like, “Wow,” or “Damn, he is too fine” when I have passed by. Girls that I would consider supermodels who I think are not even in my league are attracted to me. However, when I look in one mirror, I’m like, “how the fuk can a girl find this attractive?”, then in another, I’m like, “damn, your on fine a$$ mofo.” I’m way to insecure. For instance, when I look around, I never turn my head completely and look at a girl because I think my side looking is very nasty (I look like I'm retarded).

Just to give you an idea of my appearance, I am 5’6, 140 pounds (small guy lol), moustache, small gotti, hair slicked back, and look like a Puerto Rican gangsta without even trying. However, the problem here is that I am the SAME person. I don’t have the personality to back up my image. Case in point. When I go to the computer lab, some hot girls sit near me, and start doing stuff to get my attention. What do I do? I immediately close everything and leave the scene because I get a dry mouth and choke. When I walk around campus, guys look at me like I’m some Don Juan, but what do I do? I am embarrassed and shy they are looking and don’t want to look arrogant so I look down. I get all weird when I walk around because (this might sound stupid) I feel too damn fine. When girls make eye contact with me, I look at them and then look away knowing full well they wanna get it on.

This one girl was "dancing" on the right side of me in the computer lab once trying to get my attention, and then said I had the biggest ego she had ever seen!!! Wow, that can not be farther from the truth. Some guys treat me like shyt because of my appearance like I have this ego. My appearance looks so intimidating but inside I'm a little kid wanting to just fit in. I am thinking maybe I should just dress a little nerdier so that guys and girls don't look at me as much. I don’t know what to do. Please help.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Learn to talk to people.

I think what happens is that people mistake your shyness for being standoffish and conceited. It's happened before. And it may actually have some truth to it, since you think you're so "fine".

When you get to know people, it helps disarm their presuppositions about you. If you're good at talking to people and are more outgoing, they'll think "wow, he's a great guy." It'll also help you further in life. College is all about learning to network and meeting new people.

But in all honesty, I wouldn't get bent out of shape because a few people make the wrong assumptions about you. Be friendly to everyone, but remember some people are just d!cks and they're gonna think what they want even if it's not true. So those people....well, f'k em. ;)
 

Jay Fiedler

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Age
59
Location
Madison Heights
Wait, wait , wait..

Your telling me that you are 5 '6', 140 pounds, with a moustache and sliked back hair..and that guys are intimidated by you and that girls want you??? Are you fcuking kidding me? Where do you live...Middle Earth??? This has to be a joke, it has to be.
 

pharoh

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 15, 2004
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Re: Wait, wait , wait..

Originally posted by Jay Fiedler
Your telling me that you are 5 '6', 140 pounds, with a moustache and sliked back hair..and that guys are intimidated by you and that girls want you??? Are you fcuking kidding me? Where do you live...Middle Earth??? This has to be a joke, it has to be.
I was waiting for an immature comment like this, but I know where your coming from. I don't mean intimidating in the way that you seem to be applying, but rather that guys looks at me in an odd way like I don' t belong there age wise, look wise, etc. For instance, people have always told me I look like I'm around 25 or so and other things comparable to what I've mentioned. Sorry if I gave anyone a distorted view on what I meant.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Re: Re: Wait, wait , wait..

Originally posted by pharoh
I was waiting for an immature comment like this, but I know where your coming from. I don't mean intimidating in the way that you seem to be applying, but rather that guys looks at me in an odd way like I don' t belong there age wise, look wise, etc. For instance, people have always told me I look like I'm around 25 or so and other things comparable to what I've mentioned. Sorry if I gave anyone a distorted view on what I meant.
In all seriousness, be careful that you're not putting yourself on a "too good for them" pedestal because you're trying to compensate for your lack of social skill. That's a real good place to take a hard fall from.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

pharoh

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 15, 2004
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Re: Re: Re: Wait, wait , wait..

Originally posted by squirrels
In all seriousness, be careful that you're not putting yourself on a "too good for them" pedestal because you're trying to compensate for your lack of social skill. That's a real good place to take a hard fall from.
Thanks for the advice. I know what your saying, but I can't even approach average girls or the like, so I don't think I'm putting myself in a pedestal. I guess I need to develop my social skills so that communication between me and others can flow more naturally.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
why do you have to look like a 'ganster Puerto Rican' - can't you just look 'Puerto Rican' :)

Your high school experienced could have scarred your self image severely - and how you think of yourself. This is why when you look in the mirror you cannot recognize the person in the mirror with the one that you perceive yourself to be! A little psychoanalysis there, but I think it applies. This self-image and lack of confiidence spills over to the lack of confidence in the social arena and how you communicate with people. You went from a beast to a beauty and from chatisement to positive recognition.

Post a picture and we'll see if it is your glamorous looks that causes so much commotion!
 

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
461
Reaction score
1
Age
43
I concur

Post a picture

POST A PICTURE
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
This self-image and lack of confiidence spills over to the lack of confidence in the social arena and how you communicate with people. You went from a beast to a beauty and from chatisement to positive recognition.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanted to add that this is a drastic transformation in a short span of time and that maybe your mind of how you perceived your self in high school has not caught uo to the reality of how you look today!
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
461
Reaction score
1
Age
43
POST YOUR PICTURE
 
Top