Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Reactions to physical improvement

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've only been lifting for about 2 months but I've put on about 15 pounds, so fellas, it works. So far I've had a few compliments (mostly by guys) about my improvements.

When my suitemate (guy I share a bathroom with) came into the bathroom when I had my shirt off, he wanted to know all about my workout because he was so surprised at how much better I looked. In the gym, there was a guy in my lifting class (instructor never shows, I basically get credit to go workout on my own) who wanted to know what I was doing because I looked a lot bigger to him in comparison to the beginning of the year. The funny part was that he weighed about 30 pounds more than me and has been doing it for a while.

One thing that helps is to find someone to work out with that will keep you going. I know going to the gym is 10 times more enjoyable when there is someone there to chat with, and it's good to encourage eachother. Motivation never hurt anyone.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nocturnal
I've only been lifting for about 2 months but I've put on about 15 pounds, so fellas, it works. So far I've had a few compliments (mostly by guys) about my improvements.

When my suitemate (guy I share a bathroom with) came into the bathroom when I had my shirt off, he wanted to know all about my workout because he was so surprised at how much better I looked. In the gym, there was a guy in my lifting class (instructor never shows, I basically get credit to go workout on my own) who wanted to know what I was doing because I looked a lot bigger to him in comparison to the beginning of the year. The funny part was that he weighed about 30 pounds more than me and has been doing it for a while.

One thing that helps is to find someone to work out with that will keep you going. I know going to the gym is 10 times more enjoyable when there is someone there to chat with, and it's good to encourage eachother. Motivation never hurt anyone.

Gains are always greater when you first start out. Esp. if you are a skinny bytch. Either that, or you have great genetics for muscle-building.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
Gains are always greater when you first start out. Esp. if you are a skinny bytch. Either that, or you have great genetics for muscle-building.
yeah, gains are greater when you start. I think I hit the plateau where i slow down a lot though because I stopped making gains for a week or two until I reworked my workout. now it's all good again.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nocturnal
yeah, gains are greater when you start. I think I hit the plateau where i slow down a lot though because I stopped making gains for a week or two until I reworked my workout. now it's all good again.
How did you change your workout?

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hot Ice
How did you change your workout?
Found a real max for legs and back. I was just doing 10 or so reps of what felt heavy. I started out doing about 140 for squats and when I tried it I found out I could do over 200. I lowered the reps a little bit and started focusing on neglected muscle groups a little more. I started doing real warmups (before I would just do a minute or two of cardio before lifting). I've been eating more as well but I was eating enough when I started so that wasn't the problem.

The most important thing I did though was... research! There are tons of resources online (forums especially) that are at your fingertips. I now feel like I have a comfortable understanding of how lifting works, what excercises to do and how do to them to meet my goals. I do need to research diet a little more though.

Alex_L

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeh i've noticed a big difference too. I'm currently 5' 9" @ around 185lbs.. I'm amazed at how many girls check me out now, and it's defintly a confidence boost.

eat high in protein high in carbs and moderate in fat,.. train 1 hour hard training sessions 3 - 5 days a week and youll see good gains, with out putting on much fat.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say you don't even need to do that. 3 times a week max in the gym and keep it to under 45min. Otherwise your gains will be reduced.

Just make sure you are squatting or deadlifting as well as other compounds.

Eat loads of good food and sleep well. Nothing new really.

Alex_L

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alpine
I'd say you don't even need to do that. 3 times a week max in the gym and keep it to under 45min. Otherwise your gains will be reduced.

Just make sure you are squatting or deadlifting as well as other compounds.

Eat loads of good food and sleep well. Nothing new really.

where bouts in the south west are u from? i'm from there too

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a field report of what happened to me the today, normally I don't post FRs, but I thought it would be a good addition to this thread.

I was at a local mall shopping for some clothes, so I stopped at Mexx. Found this grey shirt that I really liked so I thought I'd try it out, see if it fits. Found this cute redhead walking around the store, so I asked her if she could let me into a changing room. I try the shirt on, and it was a bit tight around the chest, so I take it off, and I get a knock on the door. Instead of putting on a shirt and opening the door, I just opened it. The expression on her face was priceless. At first she was just shocked I wasn't wearing a shirt, then she stared for a few seconds then finally glanced up. I smile and ask her if there was a larger size perhaps, cause this one didn't fit me all that well. By this time she's smiling like I'm crazy, and says yeah let me find you one.

She goes off, finds me one (by this time my door is closed and she just throws it over the door). Anyway, I change back to my original clothes, go up to the cash, pay for the shirt (diff person was working the cash). On my way out I see her again, she asks me how the shirt is, I say great, and ask her for her name. We exchange names, and I tell her that I'd like to take her out for coffee sometime and get to know her better, she's like i'd love to, do you have a piece of paper, I tell her to punch her number in my cellphone, she does it, and then says that it's her home number. I tell her great, nice meeting you, I'll talk to you soon, and head out.

Was a really easy close, didn't have to do long convo, establish rapport, neg-hit to get through her b!tch shield (hell she didn't even have one), or any of that stuff. I certanly didn't have to do those dorky PUA scripts/patterns (who gives a sh!t what color elvis' hair was anyway?!).

Try it sometime!

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great #close, Mind. I pull of those 'everday situation' closes with regularity. But I don't get the chance to demonstrate value like you did with your body, because you can't take your shirt off anywhere. :p That extra detail right there may have given you an easier 'in', and it may also turn out that she won't flake when you do call (most phone number closes retrieved from Cold PUs do). Good job, and maybe post a FR if this goes anywhere.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mindovermatter: Nice!!! :) Short and sweet! Sure makes a change from reading the average FR with thousands of lines of dialogue leading upto the number close. :)

More FRs like this would be good!

I'm pleased to read so much inspiring feedback on this post. I really hope there are some fat/thin guys who read this and see that there is a way for them to gain respect and female attention, and that their looks are not a lost cause.

I'm still getting an overwhelming amount of attention, compliments and numbers, but I'm having to deal out some rejections, LJBFs and send some disinterested hints.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice one Mindovermatter!

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm starting to look okay but there is still quite a bit of improvement to do. but anyway. :)

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lifeforce
My life has been plauged by low self confidence and constant depression, with many of the signs that characterize depression: low energy, apathy, hopelessness, pessimism, low self worth... and so fourth. Also I have had a constant lack of women interested in me. I was below disinterest, the girls actually toyed with me because I was so lame. Now I thought sosuave would cure this with endless technique, but it didn't.

Fast forward to march after my gf dumped me and I her. I knew it was time for a change. I worked out three weeks and then quit. Not so much improvement. But i started again in june and have been lifting since. The changes I noticed first was my increased dominace and energy. The depression faded away the more I lifted and I became optimistic. Now I have energy to reach for my goals, to have a meaningful life and to feel attractive. And most importantly, my confidence is high and it feels like never before.
I think that a lot of people underestimate the mental effect of lifting and getting into shape. It's amazing to see how it has managed to pull you out of your depression, give you goals, confidence and optimism, in addition to the attention. I notice your positive and more dominant attitude shines through on these forums, so I expect it shines even more in person.

I haven't commented much on the increased dominance, but I fully agree. I read a lot of posts, articles and books that tried to explain the actions of a "nice guy" and how to change them. I realise now that the "nice guy curse" saturates your entire personality, your look and your way of thinking, and these books could only offer ways to disguise it or to deceive yourself into thinking you're something else.

Working out, on the other hand, gives you something real and tangible to build your new self image around.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alex,

Even closer, I'm in Weston. I've been down at the airbase a few times and have a tenuious association with Westland Aerospace.

Shame the base is shipping out, will have quite an impact locally (good and bad).

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to live in yeovil... Went to westfield school. Thre girls down south are far better ;)

Some weird stuff - Theres another DJ from mansfield too.

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Theres another DJ from mansfield too.
My ears are burning..........

Bye *walks off after pointless interuption*

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Jariel it's cool that other people notice stuff like that. It was like stepping into the sun for the first time after being locked away in a dark room. Well I like other people, just happy if they like me back :]

Yeah there is much truth in what you say. People may try to do a makeover or something to there personality but doesn't change at the core. For the change to last I believe it must be a lifestyle change.

Haha, I just reread that woman-falling-overstuff... it's hilarious :]