Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rational Women?

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I made thread on this subject months ago but the topic was derailed.

I believe women can think logically and suppress their emotions, but are inclined not to for a combination of evolutionary and social reasons. There is a common belief in the manosphere that irrationality is innate to women, and that holding a woman accountable for thinking logically is a cruelty. What do you think and why?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are only rational when it comes to their own survival. They act irrationally to manipulate men into giving them what they need.

Women in dire survival situations are extremely rational. In some ways more than men. Do we think gold digging, prostitution, or having babies by drug dealers etc are rational or irrational choices?

MtmVaott

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think intelligent women think and behave logically and women with mental problems tend to suppress their emotions just like men.
They don't think unlogical, they just experience life from a different angle and therefore draw different conclusions how to act and how the world works. Guys with decent social competence understand this and understand women, so in this matter the manosphere is a bunch of social retard$.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@MtmVaott I think you mean to use the word 'repress' rather than 'suppress'

Suppression is healthy and useful while repression is not

MtmVaott

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@MtmVaott I think you mean to use the word 'repress' rather than 'suppress'

Suppression is healthy and useful while repression is not
Ok, I see what you mean. Then IMO feminine women suppress their emotions to get in and out of the feminine mindset, e.g. family vs. business. Also, when they go shopping it's a way for them not to deal with sadness or whatever. If they would be unable to suppress, they would instantly start to cry and wouldn't be able to leave the house.
I think what the manosphere really wants to address are the provocations in order to get something. Like EyeBRollin said, the behaviour of the provocation seems to be irrational, e.g. an emotional outburst, unlogical reasoning, ASD, ...

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I see what you mean. Then IMO feminine women suppress their emotions to get in and out of the feminine mindset, e.g. family vs. business. Also, when they go shopping it's a way for them not to deal with sadness or whatever. If they would be unable to suppress, they would instantly start to cry and wouldn't be able to leave the house.
I think what the manosphere really wants to address are the provocations in order to get something. Like EyeBRollin said, the behaviour of the provocation seems to be irrational, e.g. an emotional outburst, unlogical reasoning, ASD, ...
Suppression: Being aware of your emotions, but not allowing your emotional state to guide your thought process. Temporarily disassociate with emotions in order to accomplish something. Example: not expressing any emotion in a poker game.

Repression: Avoidance of emotions. Evading the emotional process to disintegrate from reality. Example: drinking alcohol to avoid social anxiety.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I believe women can think logically and suppress their emotions, but are inclined not to for a combination of evolutionary and social reasons. There is a common belief in the manosphere that irrationality is innate to women, and that holding a woman accountable for thinking logically is a cruelty. What do you think and why?
The scientific explanation for this is that women's heads are 75 percent full of cotton wool.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Women, if left entirely to their own devices, would act emotionally 100% of the time and backwards rationalize why they did it. It's how they can believe they did nothing wrong by showing up to a party drunk and somehow tripped and fell onto a penis entirely by accident and it's really not her fault at all.

CAN women act logically? Yes, it's just a muscle that needs to be trained heavily before they get any good at it. Still, it will never be her default state.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
The subject line of this thread is oxymoronic. Not such thing.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They can be better than they are. Society doesn’t force them to be, so they aren’t.
Correct. I've seen it first hand while traveling abroad.

No they cannot. Its all about the upgrade buddy.
What upgrade? Also, this is the thread that got derailed

If Ayn Rand could do it, then why say that women cannot think rationally?

CAN women act logically? Yes, it's just a muscle that needs to be trained heavily before they get any good at it. Still, it will never be her default state.
The same goes for a man. Reason is not the default state for anyone, it is a faculty that needs developing.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BoomToTheMoonAlice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder if there's a segment of the population that has no willpower or self-control. Seems like alot of guys succumb to the vices and women give in to temptation.

I know when I watch those parkour videos, I often think to myself... "What the fvck was this person thinking?" to almost die for no reason at all? It doesn't occur to them that this one stupid move could end their life and all the potential they built up? Then I remember skate boarding exists. If you don't think men make life altering mistakes on a whim, I implore you to watch the videos below.

A helmet and some pads could have changed everything... but like these dudes, most people throw caution to the wind to live in the moment.

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Considering the example I mentioned, why do you say that?
Because woman are overwhelmingly irrational as they are ruled by emotion. Even the smartest most aware ones will admit that half of the time they have no control over their actions and reactions.

BoomToTheMoonAlice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Because woman are overwhelmingly irrational as they are ruled by emotion. Even the smartest most aware ones will admit that half of the time they have no control over their actions and reactions.

Come again? I teach this demographic. That last statement is pretty ignorant, doctor bookworm. Unlike yourself my wife didn't succumb to the government pressure for covid juice and fascism.

patb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is that really an “admission,” or an excuse for misbehavior? Yet another issue I have with such “RP” thinking is the way it tacitly excuses female turpitude by handwaving it with armchair evopsych.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women in science careers trend more logical

practical female psychology talks about this