Rate my diet

deNominator

Don Juan
Reaction score
A diet I've been following for my bulk. Pretty high calorie. I'm 6' 2" and 180lbs currently. The picture includes what I eat throughout the day. Let me know what you think!

http://i56.tinypic.com/102pmv9.jpg

Blue numbers indicate protein coming from a NON-PLANT source. Red numbers indicating calories from fat and carbs. My goal is essentially to have enough calories from carb/fat to cover my daily maintenance and use no protein for energy. Of course I probably won't use ALL that protein for rebuilding muscles or bodily functions so I'll take a hit of fat from the excess calories it provides.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
deNominator said:
A diet I've been following for my bulk. Pretty high calorie. I'm 6' 2" and 180lbs currently. The picture includes what I eat throughout the day. Let me know what you think!

Blue numbers indicate protein coming from a NON-PLANT source. Red numbers indicating calories from fat and carbs. My goal is essentially to have enough calories from carb/fat to cover my daily maintenance and use no protein for energy. Of course I probably won't use ALL that protein for rebuilding muscles or bodily functions so I'll take a hit of fat from the excess calories it provides.
For once on this forum, I can say you have your **** figured out. You have it mapped out pretty well. Check out http://www.fitday.com You might find it a bit more useful than your spreadsheet :). (free btw)

deNominator

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey thanks man. It's actually based off of a diet that EFFORT posted for someone else. Loved the simplicity of it. My major dilemma was whether to have the extra protein or stick to 1g/lb. I decided I can deal with the fat and be 100% sure I'm getting enough.

I've had a membership on that site for a while, only issue being the food choices they have don't really reflect reality in my case. Different brands, and more importantly my food is Canadian xD.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
deNominator said:
Hey thanks man. It's actually based off of a diet that EFFORT posted for someone else. Loved the simplicity of it. My major dilemma was whether to have the extra protein or stick to 1g/lb. I decided I can deal with the fat and be 100% sure I'm getting enough.

I've had a membership on that site for a while, only issue being the food choices they have don't really reflect reality in my case. Different brands, and more importantly my food is Canadian xD.
you can customize food entries.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
deNominator said:

Are you gaining from it?

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep at it. When the gains stop increase each portion by 1/2. So a meal of 1can of tuna and 1 cup of a rice would change to 1.5can tuna, 1.5cups rice.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet looks solid man... only thing to consider... perhaps adding more calories/carbs?

I'm on a bulking diet myself, and my protein intake sits around 300 g w/ 4000-4500 cals. I've put on around 10 lbs in the past 3 weeks... 168 to 178, but I'm only 5'8".

Carbs have a protein sparing effect as you know, so properly timed natural source carbs will definitely help you to gain muscle. Just my 2 cents... you're gaining really well so far, so stick to what's working. You can tweak it later on when you think you need more.

Good job and keep it up!