Random Funny Thing

Salacious D

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hopefully the following is something someone will find useful...

I'm in this acting class with a girl that I'm interested in, who I hardly ever get to talk to. However one time I was lucky enough to sit next to her, and in the middle of a lecture I started to laugh uncontrollably. I completely lost it. Somehow it all ended with her saying "yes I know you're evil." So I feel pretty good about it.

But anyway, what was I laughing at?

Have you ever had trouble figuring out how many syllables are in a word? Most people have difficulty with this, myself not included, english, grammar, etcetera come pretty easy to me. Anyway one of my friends who has a really hard time with english told me of a method that teachers would encourage him to partake in. You say a word, like baseball, and clap. When he demonstrated this technique to me he clapped about six times, and in case you don't know, baseball has only two syllables. Not six.

Try it out. Say baseball slowly and clap like you're trying to figure out how many syllables it has. Isn't it funny?

I don't know, maybe you guys won't think it's that great, but so far everyone I've mentioned this to has at the very least laughed out loud.

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Errr... WTF?

Yes... Baseball... *clap clap*

I learned that in primary school too.

Salacious D

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's much easier to explain in person, that's for sure.

When you're talking to someone and you can't think of anything to say, mention how you can't ever figure out how many syllables are in a word. Then demonstrate the method to that person, say a random word slowly and then clap clearly faster than you're supposed to.