Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Radio Breakup

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Came across this today,...

http://twiturm.com/2ju2p

Anyone care to dissect this with me?

Before you listen to this, be aware of the chemical reaction percolating in your bloodstream as the inevitable end comes. Then be aware of how you physically feel afterwards.

DMSR76

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WOW. That was pretty raw. I don't know what was more classless, her actions or his chosen method of handling the situation. I chalk this up as a natural union of two people on the same level, only in this case their level reeked of dysfunction.

Honestly, the way this relationship imploded was pretty much par for the course. It's really fortunate they hadn't gotten married or had kids before the implosion took place.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My favorite line, from the DJ: "You weren't even a listener."

Seeing or hearing someone get their just desserts in an on-air ambush is a tried and true form of entertainment. I think a lot of guys, DJ, AFC, or other, probably listened to this, and laughed at this pathetic, lying tramp and her feeble attempts to justify her dalliances. She couldn't even lie effectively, even though her accusers could not see her face, which shows she knows she f'ed up.

Any guy can laugh at this and carry on with his day. The underlying, sickening message, however, will be lost on a lot of guys. The DJ said something to the effect of, "never trust a woman when she says some guy is 'just a friend.'" The broader message (I think) is never let yourself be fooled, which means you must, MUST vanquish your inner AFC. The boyfriend was probably crestfallen about what he learned, yet he nevertheless was certain about his decision to dump her and to stay true to his personal sense of self-worth. I'm sure 80-90% of American men would opt to "move forward," "work on their issues," "be more available," etc., etc., blah, blah.

While I wouldn't air my personal matters on a public forum like that, the brevity and clarity of the jettisoning of this man's girlfriend is something to remember. Personally, I didn't feel physically revolted or sad or anything necessarily negative, maybe because I knew it was coming. Maybe a few years ago this would have shocked or saddened me. Today, I just see it as a guy taking care of business and a woman being consigned to the ash heap.

logic1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Powerful

I think he did it in a way there would be no going back. He wont be sucked back in.

Do you think she learned a life lesson? Possibly would make a good GF for someone down the road?

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since she publicly embarrassed him by cheating in public,I guess turn about is fair play.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, that was awkward.

While she definitely had it coming, I cant say that was the most dignified way to end it. I would have gotten more satisfaction from just cutting it clean with no negotiation in private. Two classless acts don't really make a win, just a travesty.

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dropping bombs on AFC strongholds in the city that
Rollo Tomassi said:
Came across this today,...

http://twiturm.com/2ju2p

Anyone care to dissect this with me?
Sure thing my man, thanks for posting this little tidbit of fun... :D

Although you have just come across this, I'm wondering if you have any extra background information on this story... For example, when and where was this aired? How many listeners were listening in at the time of the call? What city/area is this radio station based out of? Did the show have an exponential increase in listener-ship after this had aired? Are the two DJs (Woody and Rizzuto) known for such shock-jock antics or was this pretty much a "first" in terms of pushing the envelope on-air? What were the initial reactions of their many sponsors after this infamous bit aired? Was there a coordinated attempt to protest their show during the aftermath?

I asked all of the above questions cause I am fascinated with the world of radio - I am actually positioning myself towards a career in it. To be completely honest, my dream job would be to be a big-time shock-jock like Howard Stern. I consider this to be a perfect career for me since it is one of the only professions where my charismatic personality and non-traditional views/beliefs would borderline acceptable. Hell, maybe I'd even do some good in the world by filling in the void in the men's movement created by Tom Leykis' departure from the airwaves.

I'm not necessarily asking you all of these questions Rollo, but anyone that has any kind of extra information on this event and its following aftermath... Your contribution to this discussion would be greatly appreciated :rock:

Rollo Tomassi said:
Before you listen to this, be aware of the chemical reaction percolating in your bloodstream as the inevitable end comes. Then be aware of how you physically feel afterwards.
Not really sure what you meant by this one... Was I suppose to feel a great difference in my mood/physiology after listening to the broadcast? I personally don't see any change in the way my body feels... My immediate reaction is one of great amusement. Still, no noticeable physical change? IS there something wrong with me Rollo? Am I a heartless sociopath who is unable to empathize with those around me?

In terms of the on-air antics, I thought they were great and quite original! If these two DJs didn't decide to handle the situation presented before them the way they did, this entire thread wouldn't exist, and we wouldn't be talking about them today... Looking at the event from the eyes of a radio shock-jock, it was a class act. An act that will be remembered many years to come. Who knows, maybe this bit will even evolve into an entire internet sensation. I certainly wouldn't have had any qualms about torturing the poor girl on air about her cheating. In fact, I probably would've went even farther than they did in this case. Sure, I feel a bit bad for Ashley been publically humiliated in such a way... But this is the world of entertainment radio, and the needs of the many come before the needs of the few. Hence, if the joke is funny enough, there should be no moral reservations as to how far to take it.

My favorite part of the bit was when Woody and Rizzuto started playing the crying baby noises on air. Man that was brilliant! The first time I heard baby noises on radio was when Dr. Michael Savage played them when talking about whiny Democrats complaining. Time and time again, the crying baby noises prove their point. Not to mention they never seem to get old, at least not to me. :up:

Danger said:
However, given the situation, I still think she got off light.

I cannot fathom the reason anyone would consider his action in this classless. Let's ease up on the white-knight douche-baggery. She was a total wh0re, she got a lot better than she deserved.
I'm also going to have to strongly agree with my boy Danger right here.

I firmly believe that we live in a totally different age today. One that is almost incompatible with the world that our grandparents lived in. Just as God is dead, so is chivalry. Morality, "class" and virtue no longer hold any significant place in the mating world of today.

To hold on to these extremely out-dated concepts would be akin to refusing to adapt to new weapons technologies in the face of upcoming destruction.

Either evolve or die, those are the only two choices you are left with.

Anyone beg to differ?

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My thoughts are this:

We learn that an AFC man allowed a girl to move in with him. IMO moving in with a girl you're not married to is automatically AFC. Then we learn said AFC expected said girl to behave as if she was married to him when she wasn't. Then in the end, he discovers his AFC expectations weren't lived up to.

By his own admission, he was considering proposing to her, which I read to mean - NOT MARRIED YET. Does this guy not realize what commonly happens at many bachelor and bachelorette parties? For the few not in the know, they behave one last time like they're not married.

Pretty simple case!

FELLOWS - you can't reasonably expect a woman to commit to marital type vows WITHOUT marrying her. "boyfriend/girlfriend cheating" and that concept belongs in high-school at the most. The very concept of having a girlfriend is high-schoolish. Adult men should think either 1. dating.... or 2. you're married. There is no practical third category for a men. "Boys" sometimes have girlfriends, though.

DMSR76

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
We learn that an AFC man moved in with a girl. IMO moving in with a girl you're not married to is automatically AFC. Then we learn said AFC expected said girl to behave as if she was married to him when he wasn't. Then in the end, he discovers his AFC expectations weren't lived up to....

FELLOWS - you can't reasonably expect a woman to commit to marital type vows WITHOUT marrying her. Please read this a few times.
Right. They're BOTH emotionally immature, and therefore were practically made for one another. Sorry, but I can't give the dude a total pass for being naive enough to think he could putz around in an obviously shaky relationship for 5 years and think it would end well. The fact these two went through the motions this long, combined with her cheating, combined with his high schoolish reaction, speaks volumes about the "level" these two were on. Luckily things fell apart before they limped across the altar.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sodbuster said:
Since she publicly embarrassed him by cheating in public,I guess turn about is fair play.
Danger said:
My reaction was one of sadness for her.....the crying bit just does that to men for whatever reason.

I cannot fathom the reason anyone would consider his action in this classless. Let's ease up on the white-knight douche-baggery. She was a total wh0re, she got a lot better than she deserved.

Colossus said:
Man, that was awkward.

While she definitely had it coming, I cant say that was the most dignified way to end it. I would have gotten more satisfaction from just cutting it clean with no negotiation in private. Two classless acts don't really make a win, just a travesty.
I second Colossus here.

You can't expect girls to be classy. They are just girls.

But you are a man, you are better than that. Stay classy always, and just end it decisively in private.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJs have to start thinking from the mindset that they can control most every situation. This GUY clearly made decisions that put him in the place he is in today, regardless of what she did.

Heck, for starters, what the hell was he doing having a girlfriend for 5 years. That's mistake #1. Jeebus, marry the girl at some point, or move on. GD! 5 years????

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
DJs have to start thinking from the mindset that they can control most every situation. This GUY clearly made decisions that put him in the place he is in today, regardless of what she did.

Heck, for starters, what the hell was he doing having a girlfriend for 5 years. That's mistake #1. Jeebus, marry the girl at some point, or move on. GD! 5 years????
Yes, guys lead, girls follow. Yes he obviously did a bad job leading and he lost the frame.

In the end, us men need to do introspection. When things get screwed up, we have to ask the tough questions: 'In what way did I contribute to this downfall?'

As we all know, avoiding introspection and skirting responsibility are feminine chracteristics, that's what girls do. Real men OWN their mistakes, introspect, and grow from it.

logic1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What if all men reacted the way this man did?

Actually I think every man should be like this. Dump their cheatin arses. Maybe they will kwno better for the next guy.

Would women get the message? Maybe we would be respected instead of walked on?

A child never learns unless they are punished and corrected

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why does a man have to marry at all ?

I dont care if its 5, 10, 35 years or life, why would any couple need to get courts involved ??

This is just something you listen to for a brief reaction. You can't assume that you know either of these people or why any of them did what they did. There isnt enough back story to get a solid idea about who these people are.

However I also put myself in the other persons shoes. Guys who cheat only to realize it was mistake and don't cheat again expect to be taken back by their women so I guess it depends on the individual and how comfortable would the individual feel about giving 2nd chances.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
It has nothing to do with white-knight d0uchebaggery. That would be him taking her back on the grounds of their "love" and her momentary contrition.

Would a true Man of value really call up a shock-jock radio show to get cold vengeance on his trollop of a girlfriend? We all like to see a girl get her just desserts, but sometimes going over the top doesn't really make you a better man.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
My reaction was one of sadness for her.....the crying bit just does that to men for whatever reason.

Nah, my first reaction was "suck it biatch!"

This was a great listen. Only white nights and capt save-a-hos would feel any sympathy for her cheating ho ass.

EDIT
Wow, didn't realize there were so many closet white knights trolling the forums today. See also the above's attempt at shaming the poster and the guy that got cheated on.

Make no mistake you fools, that chick is not the victim, not even in the radio show. She merely got caught with her hand in the cookie jar and is suffering the consequences. Period.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you know i wasn't planning on listening but when i saw it being described as "raw"..well you can't pass that up.

dude i'm crying laughing

I wouldn't have done it. I'm a big believer/follower of ben franklin's 13 virtues. there is nothing redeeming about calling up and letting her get it on national TV... while she did deserve it.. it goes beyond deserving.

alot of people deserve alot of ****, that doesn't mean you have to be the one to give it to them.

she will get hers by living an unfufilling, dull , meaningless life wondering what could have been.

it has nothing to do with white knightly or anything like that, it goes against every peice advicse every successful person on earth ever gave.

aw 9. Win through your Actions, Never through Argument

[FONT=&quot]SINCERITY. Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and, if you speak, speak accordingly."[/FONT] -ben franklin

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. -Napolean Hill

it reeks of AFCism that he is trying to WIN through this measure... and in the end, while she had it coming, make no mistake.. that's not why he did it. he did it to get the last punch. to one up her. and that is the epitome of being an AFC

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I must admit, I got an adrenaline rush out of that. Kind of like watching a car wreck in slow motion. However, I find that kind of ironic since any number of daytime shows (i.e. Tyra Banks, et. al.) have been basically doing the same sh!t for decades now. A lot of guys acknowledge the power of the chemical rush, but it's only episodes like this that make it real for them. I'm sure most of the guys hearing this felt it; the high of adrenaline, endorphins, dopamine, etc., this is the chemical ****tail that women come to crave. I've read the chemical profile is very similar to that of heroin. Indignation triggers it in the same way sex and death trigger it.

The main reason I wanted to pick this apart is because there's a lot of elements to the whole incident. There's so much at play in this, it's hard to know where to begin. It's interesting to read the responses to gauge what impacts people first. Women naturally lean toward the guy being classless for opting to hash this out in a very public forum, yet it feel fully justified for doing it themselves for decades. White Knights will come out of the woodwork to defend the indefensible in spite of the circumstance responding viscerally to a woman weeping. We can pour through the reasons why the guy was a chump to have been living with her for as long as he did.

Funny how even when a woman confesses to her infidelity we'll look for ANY angle available to still cast her in the victim's role. We'll readily analyze the guy's history, we'll euphemise her misconduct as a "mistake" (or she'll do it for us), and we'll speculate "where her heart is really at."

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
I must admit, I got an adrenaline rush out of that. Kind of like watching a car wreck in slow motion. However, I find that kind of ironic since any number of daytime shows (i.e. Tyra Banks, et. al.) have been basically doing the same sh!t for decades now. A lot of guys acknowledge the power of the chemical rush, but it's only episodes like this that make it real for them. I'm sure most of the guys hearing this felt it; the high of adrenaline, endorphins, dopamine, etc., this is the chemical ****tail that women come to crave. I've read the chemical profile is very similar to that of heroin. Indignation triggers it in the same way sex and death trigger it.

The main reason I wanted to pick this apart is because there's a lot of elements to the whole incident. There's so much at play in this, it's hard to know where to begin. It's interesting to read the responses to gauge what impacts people first. Women naturally lean toward the guy being classless for opting to hash this out in a very public forum, yet it feel fully justified for doing it themselves for decades. White Knights will come out of the woodwork to defend the indefensible in spite of the circumstance responding viscerally to a woman weeping. We can pour through the reasons why the guy was a chump to have been living with her for as long as he did.

Funny how even when a woman confesses to her infidelity we'll look for ANY angle available to still cast her in the victim's role. We'll readily analyze the guy's history, we'll euphemise her misconduct as a "mistake" (or she'll do it for us), and we'll speculate "where her heart is really at."

no one is saying that the women were right in doing it either..

what I'm saying is first off...let's rewind... 5 years and not getting married should tell you all you need to know first and foremost. but getting past that, successful people generally don't get on shock jock shoes and do that. they have more class than that.

she will get hers in due time.

I don't thin it's so much classless or disrespectful as much as I think it just reeks of AFCism. I coudl give a damn about him being classless after what she did. but that does not mean what he did was right.