Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Quitting Part Time Job

ryan killa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I am about to quit my PT job, at a supermarket.

Is it practical to call up my manager, say i'm quitting, and offer to finish off my other 2 shifts for the week?

Cheers.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Each company will have it's own procedures for leavers. You hand in you letter of notice, and depending on the company, you'll have to complete a certain number of shifts.

For example, in the company i work for....

You've worked there for less than a year - 1 weeks notice.
You've worked there for more than a year but less than five - 4 weeks.
You've worked there for more than 5 years - 1 week notice for every year worked.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'd go in personaly and tell him face to face. who knows one day you might want to get your g/f in there or one of your friends/family members. you wana leave on good terms....Most companis here in canada have a "2 week notice" rule (unless you work some "high importance" job, where you got to train your replacement")

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Write a resignation letter saying that you want to leave. Be nice about it, and say that you will consider coming back in the future.

Go into the store, see the manager and tell them why you want to leave and give them the letter, and say that you will work your weeks notice but also a couple more weeks while they're looking for someone to replace you, if needed.

Ask them for a reference too. Thats why I advocate being nice about things.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Lol guys he works in a SUPERMARKET. Dude they wont even miss you. Just go in there and tell him you are putting in your 2 weeks.

Or tell him you are quitting and that you will be able to finish the weeks shifts.

no big deal.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No kidding, It's a ****ing supermarket, just stop showing up to work.....they'll get the message

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thefonz
No kidding, It's a ****ing supermarket, just stop showing up to work.....they'll get the message

i actually did that when i was 19 years old :)

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tristan22
Thefonz:

Your comment has left me laughing my a$$ off :D
I am priceless aren't I?

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thefonz
Hmm...and when he gives his work history and wants another job, whats he going to do for a reference?

Even the crappest part time jobs you can get references from. For a weeks notice it isn't worth the hassle.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless he's going from supermarket cashier to chemical engineer I doubt that the next job would even bother to call up this refrence.....most of the part-time crappy jobs i've had the employers never cared to call up my refrences

Smooth Player 056

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thefonz
HAHA Props to you man, funniest thing ive heard all day!

- Smooth Player 056 -
Founder and Creator of the HSDJBC/ Contest
Creator of "The Smooth Player 056 HS Technique"

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want/need the reference and are a nice guy then finish out your schedule or put your 2 weeks notice in. If you don't really care about the job (if your boss is a d*ck) and you don't need them as a reference, then go ahead and tell them you quit and don't show up again.

And yeah, one of my friends just stopped showing up at his job once he found a better one. I told him he should've at least said he wasn't going to work anymore, but he never did. The funny thing was that they kept putting him on the schedule for several weeks after he stopped showing up.