Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

quitting drinking

StrivetoThrive

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello all,
Im in school right now and I drink on the weekends and whatnot, but I feel like I should stop because of the stupid things that happen when you get wasted. Drunken phone calls, one night stands, and the like, were once things that I thought were requisite for school, but now I just feel like an idiot. Anytime I have done something I regret has been with the use of alcohol. I dont drink everyday or anything and I dont feel like Im flushing my life down the toilet, but I think I would better serve my time doing something constructive and save my money rather than be a drunken fool.

That being said, has anybody gone through this before, and what did you do to remain social, w/out drinking at parties and stuff? I would appreciate any insight you may be able to impart here.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought about quitting drinking for the same reasons as you. Problem is, If I didn't drink I would end up sitting around the house.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never had problems with alcohol, but since I'm broke and not 21 yet, I haven't had a drink in a long time.

I've found no one really cares whether youre drinking or not,.

willo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stopping drinking every now and then is good for me because it shows me I can control my drinking if I want to. The first couple of weeks are the hardest though, bloody drinking mates :D .
Cheers

ps. in terms of doing stupid things while drunk, maybe you should concentrate of controlling yourself when you drink?

StrivetoThrive

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well its when I go out and there is heavy binge drinking involved with my roommates, i tend to fall into it. Once in a while im able to have like 5 or 6 and just buzz around (the way i want it to be every time) but when theres drinking games and mixing beer and alcohol thats when I do stupid things. I can get chicks and thats not a problem at all but if I'm wasted the standards go right down and all I want to do is just bang...maybe moderation is what I need because social drinking I can see myself doing, because like I said I dont get trashed during the week or anything, but just watching what and how i drink may make all the difference.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, drunken phone calls. Although comic, at times, my phone is also not always my best friend on a night of drinking.

I think what you might need to do, as you were saying, is moderate your intake in social situations. Naturally, you can stay out of the "Extremely Wasted" zone and still have a lot of fun.

Plus: Less Alcohol = Less Money. Less Alcohol = Less Disaster. More Money = More Fun. Less Disaster = More Fun.