Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Quiting caffeine

Trez

Banned
Reaction score
I just consume sometimes 1,000 mg of caffeine throughout the day. But really I'm just trying to not drink, smoke crack or use kratom right now. It's just that that much caffeine makes me feel like sh1t but I'll just keep consuming it anyways. I'll drink 3 12oz coffees first thing in the morning, then a couple energy drinks with 300mg of caffeine and maybe more later. It's just a bit ridiculous.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
42 days off caffeine... no supplements or nothing to help with that. Just cold turkey.

Best decision I've made in my entire life.

Caffeine is the worst drug I ever been addicted too. Also, tried supplements in some past tries to cut it like teacrine and some other stimulants. It doesn't worth at all.

If you are going to quit, be as natural as you can. The first 20 days will be like hell or it can be even more, based on how long you've been using it. The more you use, the more the withdrawal lasts.

But when those bad side effects are gone, it worth way more than everything you experienced. Our body can give us a great amount of energy... We just need to give it the right fuel.

Drugs, foods... It all matters when we talk about energy levels.

One more thing: people you stay arround. It can mess with your energy. I'm just experiencing it this week... it messed up with me. And I really believe that we are all energy, and the environment and people around can influence that and this can have a huge impact on your life and even on your behaviors.
Yep yep and yep

graves992

Don Juan
Reaction score
I also thought about drinking a lot of coffee, used to drink three or four cups a day, now drink two, and hopefully soon drink coffee only on weekends. The whole thing is that it affects my condition, and without coffee, I get tired quickly because my body is already used to it.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also thought about drinking a lot of coffee, used to drink three or four cups a day, now drink two, and hopefully soon drink coffee only on weekends. The whole thing is that it affects my condition, and without coffee, I get tired quickly because my body is already used to it.
I had a relapse some months ago because some emotional problems and start back with coffee.

What I noticed is that, the symptons I experienced were more related to alcohol. Quitting alcohol and keep caffeine, seems not to be a big problem.

Also, I wait one hour in the morning after waking up to drink coffee, to wait my body wake up naturally... Drink water before and use some supplements.

Its not something I want to keep my whole life btw, but I couldnt cut both with all the problems I was experiencing, so I focused on alcohol.

Reducing and finding ways to optmize consumption can help a lot if you cant cut cold turkey.

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
I quit drinking alcohol about one year ago for medical reasons, that was very easy to do, I just stopped. I quit coffee about three months ago and it was harder. Went cold turkey and sometimes I would get a headache. I would then drink a small cup of coffee which took the headache away. I only drank coffee on the days I had a headache. After about three weeks of that I was ok.

I sleep much better now than I used to.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Until I read this post I never thought I had a problem but obviously I do. I used to be an ephedra fiend in college. I was able to run on nothing but eca stack, coffee and protein. Now I easily consume 2-2.5 pots of coffee a day. I find myself extremely drowsy at certain times... no matter how much I sleep. If I cut out caffeine what will I notice ?

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Until I read this post I never thought I had a problem but obviously I do. I used to be an ephedra fiend in college. I was able to run on nothing but eca stack, coffee and protein. Now I easily consume 2-2.5 pots of coffee a day. I find myself extremely drowsy at certain times... no matter how much I sleep. If I cut out caffeine what will I notice ?
You'll notice your attitude towards sleep and rest and meditation improve positively and 'stopping-to-smell-the-roses' opportunities increase.
These changes help you get more energy than what copes you were using before gave you.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Other than just tapering off, are there any supplements are tricks you guys know of? I drink way to much coffee every day, plus energy drinks sometimes. I'm exhausted all the time. I smoke to many ciggerattes. I really need to cut this stuff out of my life but it's difficult because I just quit taking kratom again, I've quite drinking, quit cocaine, all I have left is copious amounts of caffeine and about a pack of cigs a day.

I wish I could get my hands on some chantix because not only did that make me quit using nicotine, I could barely handle a few sips of coffee and I simply didn't want more of it.
There is a hypnosis to quit caffeine in the podcast store on Apple

deBrito

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't understand how does one develop a coffe addiction, is it the same process as with any drug? You start off by drinking small portions, then amp it up to several cups a day, then you start taking them without sugar...?

Sometimes when my job required i would drank massive loads of coffe to keep up with my tasks, but apart from a short period of dense usage i did not notice any withdrawal simptoms from it when i stopped.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiting caffeine
Its a great idea to quit caffeine for sure!

In my opinion the only one way that works is like this:
There isn't any miracle cures, super pills or anything like that wil do it for you and easily.

A plain good old cold turkey is the only thing that works and then some personal discipline to stay on the path and never leave it.

It ain't going to be easy but it works and will not change one old bad habit with a new one. It will not be easy because what happens when you take caffeine is that you block the receptors in your brain the register that the body is tired and need to rest/sleep.

The brains response to this is to start adding and building even more receptors which then requires an even greater amount of caffeine to have an effect of not feeling tired. So its basically a snowball effect that newer ends.

This is the reason people crash totally when they stop drinking coffee or the intake of caffeine through various sources. So once you stop the brain have way too many sleep receptors which makes you REALLY tired and you can't do jacks'hit.

All you can do is to go through the hard period and let the brain do its job of removing all the excessive massive amounts of unnecessary sleep receptors which can take a month or two before it has normalized it.

You need just to stick through it and you will feel awesome once you get there. It is worth the price for sure.

You will feel much better, have more energy and sleep better too. Your internal body watch will start working normally again and much more. The health effects are real and very good for you.

Good luck dude! :up:;)

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't understand how does one develop a coffe addiction, is it the same process as with any drug? You start off by drinking small portions, then amp it up to several cups a day, then you start taking them without sugar...?

Sometimes when my job required i would drank massive loads of coffe to keep up with my tasks, but apart from a short period of dense usage i did not notice any withdrawal simptoms from it when i stopped.
Caffeine blocks your brains sleep receptors and the brain as a countermeasure builds more of them so it requires more and more caffeine to have an effect. Se more on the post I just made xD

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If I don't drink any caffeine I experience headaches and cramps.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't seem to quit coffee. I can pick up a kratom or nicotine habit and kick them just as easily as I started like its nothing. I walked away from cocaine after a few days of using it and haven't done it since. I take several months off of pot every year without issue (last break lasted almost 12 months). I've also tried other legal drugs like phenibut, tianeptine, modafinil, never had issues with those either.

Every time I try to quit coffee I inevitably end up coming back to it. I just love it too much. Once I've quit for a meaningful amount of time, I tell myself I'll just do it once a week. Inevitably, on that 1 day every week, I end up drinking 6+ cups in one afternoon with no tolerance and it basically turns into liquid cocaine. Then over time that once a week habit turns into 2, then before I know it I'm at 3+ cups per day once again.

That said... it seems like a fairly benign addiction. I haven't seen any evidence that it downregulates dopamine, although I don't doubt it increases cortisol levels which isn't good. And it does disrupt adenosine levels which can cause sleep issues but that's only if you take it too late in the day. That was never an issue for me. Furthermore, yes it is true, you end up developing a true physical dependence on it to function...but so what? It's not like it's expensive or toxic to consume.

When I quit caffeine I don't really notice anything change in my life except that I don't need caffeine in the morning to get going. Again, so what? I wasn't really any more productive. I like using coffee to help workouts or get me through hurdles. But I admit I also like using it recreationally. Some of my best day game has come from me being whacked out on caffeine and kratom...

Last edited:

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't seem to quit coffee. I can pick up a kratom or nicotine habit and kick them just as easily as I started like its nothing. I walked away from cocaine after a few days of using it and haven't done it since. I take several months off of pot every year without issue (last break lasted almost 12 months). I've also tried other legal drugs like phenibut, tianeptine, modafinil, never had issues with those either.

Every time I try to quit coffee I inevitably end up coming back to it. I just love it too much. Once I've quit for a meaningful amount of time, I tell myself I'll just do it once a week. Inevitably, what happens on that one day per week is that I end up drinking 6+ cups in one afternoon with no tolerance and it basically turns into liquid cocaine. Then over time that once a week habit turns into 2, then before I know it I'm at 3+ cups per day once again.

That said... it seems like a fairly benign addiction. I haven't seen any evidence that it downregulates dopamine or other neurotransmitters, although I don't doubt it increases cortisol levels which isn't good. And it does disrupt adenosine levels which can cause sleep issues but that's only if you take it too late in the day. That was never an issue for me. Furthmore, yes it is true, you end up developing a true physical dependence on it to function...but so what?

When I quit caffeine I don't really notice anything change in my life except that I don't need caffeine in the morning to get going. Again, so what? I wasn't really any more productive. I like using coffee to help workouts or get me through hurdles. But I admit I also like using it recreationally. Some of my best day game has come from me being whacked out on caffeine and kratom...
Magic The Gathering. Switch one addiction for another... healthier one.