"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Quick Tip - Don't hold back in conversation!

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
2,438
Reaction score
7
Age
39
Because I don't have time to write full length posts on most of the topics that come to mind, I'd just like to say this:

In conversation, if you have a thought, usually it's ok to say it. Much of the time, when we meet new people, we restrain what we say because we don't know how they will react. The bad thing is, the subconscious is overly protective. If you think something like "that's a cool looking car," and the conversation is dying, by all means, SAY IT! I bet when you talk with your friends you are extremely lax when deciding which thoughts you express with words and which you just hide.

Whether you're talking with a stranger or close friend, throughout the conversation you're going to be thinking about things. If you only allow yourself to think about things like "I wonder what she thinks of my shoes," your conversation will reflect it because you won't have much to say (you won't say things like that out loud, will you?). Usually when we say things, it comes from the thought we have in reaction to something.

Example: Someone pulls out a wallet with an absurd amount of money in it. Your brain goes "that's a lot of money!" so consequently, if you're comfortable, you will express that thought in words. If you aren't comfortable, the time you used thinking that thought was wasted and the conversation was empty.

So the two things to keep in mind are

1) Stop thinking about things you don't want the other person (or girl if thats your intention) to know anyway.

2) Don't hold back saying what you think might be taken negatively.

If it's something that will obviously be offensive, or ridiculed, or just plain akward, don't say it. But don't be too quick to judge what is ok and what's not. Often, it's better to say a *possibly* negative thought than to leave the conversation empty.

I hope you could make sense of that. I'm tired. Goodbye.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Duke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2003
Messages
914
Reaction score
17
Age
40
Location
Louisiana
Excellent tip! Whenever I just say what comes to my mind, a sense of honesty and trust springs up out of nowhere. Instant rapport. Being genuine and just saying what you think and not giving a fvck makes you insanely attractive compared to the quiet reserved guy that has to screen every thought he has for quality control.
 

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
5
I like that tip too. This is an extension of the basic "Kill that inner voice!" mantra that is central to the DJ-mindset of overcoming inner negativity.



One thing though - when I get going I'm almost impossible to shut up. I yap and yap (I'm still entertaining and cool while I do it, mind you) until I end up overwhelming people and they ask me to take it easy. :D :p I guess I just have a natural exuberance I tap into every once in a while.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 27, 2003
Messages
858
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Originally posted by NEWBIE101
I like it.
Me too.

Short and concise. :)
 

The_Mole

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 2, 2002
Messages
407
Reaction score
0
Location
California
sorry beginners,

i'm with nocturnal and u have to learn convo/"non-convo" skills the long way by yourself
 
Last edited:

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
2,438
Reaction score
7
Age
39
the point of my post, as stated originally, was:

Originally posted by Nocturnal
Often, it's better to say a *possibly* negative thought than to leave the conversation empty.
As you know, this site isn't about rules. It's about guidelines.

A large step many people have to take here is developing conversation. This is one thing that will help them do that.
 
Top