Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Quick Thinking Has It's Advantages

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying theories has it's advantages but there's a lot to be said for being agile and thinking on your feet. Pe prepared to take advantage of impromptu opportunities and you'll be surprised at what you can get yourself into. :up:

British tourist talks his way into Hollywood role

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nice

comic_relief

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
I have a friend who's just like that, except that he use to be a con artist. Its amazing what a little smooth talking can get you.

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was at the vid store last night, and when I was checking out, the clerk informed me that I had some late fees. I had no intention of trying to get out of paying them, but simply joked about how much money they make off me and my continuous late fees. Then I cracked a joke about one of the movies that was late, and said that it was now costing me $20 for that horrible movie (Into the Wild, horrible flick).

Next thing you know, she completely waived the $20 bucks or so without me suggesting it or asking for it to be removed.

And again, the other day, I was getting a coffee downtown, and thought I had a five dollar bill in my pocket. Turned out that I did not. So I hand the guy my debit card and say, "Gosh, I hate to use this for such a small purchase, but I thought I had a five on me. Sorry bro."

He says, "No problem dude. It's on me."

And I said, "Thanks man. But I don't even have any money for a tip."

He says, "Don't worry about it. Catch me next time."

That was just plain awesome. A smile and some chit chat can go a long way. Altogether, that is $25 that is still in my bank account. Take things as they come, and you may be surprised at the results.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
That is some good advice Mag. Reminds me of when an old boss/mentor one time told me, don't be afraid to ask stuff for free, its amazing what people will give you. Especially when dealing in a business to business aspect.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Magma said:
I was at the vid store last night, and when I was checking out, the clerk informed me that I had some late fees. I had no intention of trying to get out of paying them, but simply joked about how much money they make off me and my continuous late fees. Then I cracked a joke about one of the movies that was late, and said that it was now costing me $20 for that horrible movie (Into the Wild, horrible flick).

Next thing you know, she completely waived the $20 bucks or so without me suggesting it or asking for it to be removed.

And again, the other day, I was getting a coffee downtown, and thought I had a five dollar bill in my pocket. Turned out that I did not. So I hand the guy my debit card and say, "Gosh, I hate to use this for such a small purchase, but I thought I had a five on me. Sorry bro."

He says, "No problem dude. It's on me."

And I said, "Thanks man. But I don't even have any money for a tip."

He says, "Don't worry about it. Catch me next time."

That was just plain awesome. A smile and some chit chat can go a long way. Altogether, that is $25 that is still in my bank account. Take things as they come, and you may be surprised at the results.
That's the kind of stuff that I'm talking about. I use to take experiences like this for granted until I added up just how much you can get without much effort. Now I just have to find out where Gweneth is filming her next movie.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still do lateral thinking questions, puzzles and strategy questions to keep my mind sharp. The more you do the faster your brain reacts to the enviorment around you in terms of though as well. It's gotten me out of more then one jam.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
PR,

Where do you get the exercises? I've found those kind of things helpful but never really had a resource. I'm a bit of a nerd at times and like taking IQ tests just for the challenge of the questions cuz I don't know where else to get those types of questions to keep me sharp.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can either get them off the net via search or if you're old school, go to barnes and noble or similar. They have a section dedicated to puzzles.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lateral thinking questions, mind bending puzzles, mensa puzzle books, strategy questions, etc etc.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mandiblard said:
Sounds like a videogame
Or prehaps a actual game...Where the players are.