Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Quick question for the guys 40 and over

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you feel you've accomplished what you set out to accomplish up until now financially physically and emotionally physically i'm in great shape for guy my age financially I would like to be making a minimum 90 grand for the rest of my life or have 5.5 million after taxes that's my number so to speak any input?

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Eli,
My aspirations were relatively humble...My Dad was a Ploughboy my Mum a Tailors Trotter at twerlve years old,
that makes it easy.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Attending funerals has helped me realize what is really important in life. That's friends and good times. None of that other crap matters.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girl friends have you heard of it?
I don't always engage with grammar police, but when I do I use proper grammar.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grand goals are great but you need to have smaller goals along the way. ("you mind the pennies and the Dollars take care of themselves")

Also nobody else in the world gives two $hits about your goals and whether you achieve them, So don't talk about them to other people unless they specifically ask. It is human nature to want to limit people who are out achieving them . AKA Crabs in a Bucket

behimo

Don Juan
Reaction score
happiness lies within your soul, does your soul seek physical nourishment or spiritual nourishment? regardless of choice, you need to be seeded and planted in the soil to derive that nourishment and grow.

so to answer your question of accomplishment, are you seeded and planted in the soil of choice and not uprooting yourself or getting pulled from it from outside forces?

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have achieved a lot to be proud of.

I have a ton of regret. I made so many mistakes when younger and I wasn’t mentally well. I abused drugs for years which was the root of most of the problems.

only later in life I’ve realised I had a really, really messed up childhood. I didn’t even recognise it, but later in life it’s clear. I suffered sexual and psychological abuse, I was repeatedly victimised, taken advantage of, I had no self esteem. I was broken most of my life. Through endless effort, I am now in a good place. I have a high income and a respected management job.

I do feel annoyed as I wish it was different. I observe people who didn’t have this experience, and I resent them. It has left me with some brick hard skills though.

when I came here in my early to mid 30s I was at the apex of broken. I lost all my friends, I was humiliated. There’s a quote somewhere about when you’ve lost everything it’s only then you’re truly free.

The only thing which burns is the desire for revenge. I never got my revenge on a few people. And I can’t put that down.
They say revenge is living well but I wish I could make some of those who made me suffer, suffer like I did. Some I know were also broken themselves.

I gotta work on that.

Bit of a gush but it’s how I would sum up my life.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Fruitbat I have a similar back story but I feel I've put it all to bed now and luckily I did that early enough. You need to let go of the anger and revenge, try therapy if you haven't already. Letting go and forgiving is so hard but it's the right thing to do.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Fruitbat I have a similar back story but I feel I've put it all to bed now and luckily I did that early enough. You need to let go of the anger and revenge, try therapy if you haven't already. Letting go and forgiving is so hard but it's the right thing to do.
I hated therapy and I will never forgive and forget. Best I can do is channel it

One side effect is losing all faith in humanity and God. If anything my experiences taught me life is random, and there most certainly isn’t any cosmic justice or guiding hand of divine wisdom, people do not get their commuppence and there is no happy ending.

im in a good place now but that’s a heavy price. And regardless of letting go, that’s a hard lesson.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girl friends have you heard of it?
"Girl friends" is a plural noun.

"It" is singular pronoun.

Unless the "girl friends" you are addressing are the members of Sosuave, and the "it" you are referring to is something yet to be identified.

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I accomplished what I wanted to accomplish. I have a fully remote job where I can travel almost anywhere in the world, unlimited PTO, well over 6 figure salary. I've socked away a good amount into savings/investments, it would be more if it weren't for a business venture that went sideways. For a while I was completely content with that.

In the last year, I have started working on myself physically. I go to the gym 3x weekly, BJJ 2x. I am eating much cleaner, and taking several supplements for overall health and for testosterone boost.

After several months of that, I'm not as content anymore. I want MORE. I am looking to start a side hustle, but I don't just want extra money on the side. I want something that I can grow into F*** YOU money. I have the time, the funding, the ambition, and the logical mind to make a good run at it, so I feel it would be a waste if I don't give it a go. End goal is to have mostly passive income that dwarfs my current compensation, something where I actually make a ton more if I make the right moves, not just an annual raise and bonus.

You get one life, make sure you have zero regrets. Maybe you won't want "more." That's OK too. Just be aware that as you meet your previous goals, new ones will naturally come around to take their place. Men are builders. It is a part of our biology.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I accomplished what I wanted to accomplish. I have a fully remote job where I can travel almost anywhere in the world, unlimited PTO, well over 6 figure salary. I've socked away a good amount into savings/investments, it would be more if it weren't for a business venture that went sideways. For a while I was completely content with that.

In the last year, I have started working on myself physically. I go to the gym 3x weekly, BJJ 2x. I am eating much cleaner, and taking several supplements for overall health and for testosterone boost.

After several months of that, I'm not as content anymore. I want MORE. I am looking to start a side hustle, but I don't just want extra money on the side. I want something that I can grow into F*** YOU money. I have the time, the funding, the ambition, and the logical mind to make a good run at it, so I feel it would be a waste if I don't give it a go. End goal is to have mostly passive income that dwarfs my current compensation, something where I actually make a ton more if I make the right moves, not just an annual raise and bonus.

You get one life, make sure you have zero regrets. Maybe you won't want "more." That's OK too. Just be aware that as you meet your previous goals, new ones will naturally come around to take their place. Men are builders. It is a part of our biology.
what is it that you do?

corsica

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For you to make that same amount passively, you’ll need 20X your yearly salary at 5% return.
so for $150k/year, you need $3 million in the bank.

savi0r

Don Juan
Reaction score
Attending funerals has helped me realize what is really important in life. That's friends and good times. None of that other crap matters.
Likewise. Seeing how everything can go in a blink of a second makes you question alot of things. I have goals and i am working real hard, but i am learning to appreciate the present time and the little things in life much more now.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grand goals are great but you need to have smaller goals along the way. ("you mind the pennies and the Dollars take care of themselves")
Also nobody else in the world gives two $hits about your goals and whether you achieve them, So don't talk about them to other people unless they specifically ask. It is human nature to want to limit people who are out achieving them . AKA Crabs in a Bucket
This is a great post and solid advice, but I think letting those who are close and supportive of you in on your plans and aspirations can have positive effects. I've told friends in the past about some 'goals' and later realized the whole group was self limiting of others. Inversely, telling my family and some mentors what I was doing led to newfound opportunities that wouldn't have otherwise happened.