Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Quick question about gift cards

Hellomisslady

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick question. What's the ruling on taking a girl to a place and paying (partially or fully) with a gift card? Does that seem tacky or cheap?

Thanks

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i always thought so and i'm pretty sure gold diggers wouldn't like it but you're not looking for GD's so i would have to say it depends on the person.

My one of my best friends really doesn't have much money. He's in med school and only one of his parents works. He always spends his money carefully. He's also one of those guys that wants to try everything and have fun. The girls he gets generally don't mind that he doesn't have much money because he carries himself well. I don't know if he ever used gift cards but i think he has used coupons which is similar.

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to be rude at all, but this made me lol :D !

Common dude, why are you even wondering what she thinks?

Gift card is only a cool way to pay IMO.. Tell a story behind it, from who you got it or something. Gives a bit extra to talk about.

Hellomisslady

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it's from my sisters for my birthday haha so not much of a cool story but its fine we decided to get smores and watch a movie at her place. Thanks guys

Prime

Don Juan
Reaction score
AAAgent said:
i always thought so and i'm pretty sure gold diggers wouldn't like it but you're not looking for GD's so i would have to say it depends on the person.

My one of my best friends really doesn't have much money. He's in med school and only one of his parents works. He always spends his money carefully. He's also one of those guys that wants to try everything and have fun. The girls he gets generally don't mind that he doesn't have much money because he carries himself well. I don't know if he ever used gift cards but i think he has used coupons which is similar.
The Med school thing helps...

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gift cards are money. The amount you are spending from the gift card is money/value you could be spending on yourself, somebody else, and/or something else, so YOU should view it as spending money and treat it as such.

If you wouldn't normally spend money on broads, then you shouldn't think of gift cards differently. Not only should she not dislike it, but should consider herself lucky that you are spending on her, period.

Now, if what type of currency and how much you are spending on a broad matters to either of you, it means you are using money, gifts, etc. to impress them and as a crutch. If your game is tight, if your value is high, as in the guy in med school, she won't mind. On the other hand, that same girl will judge, put up resistance, and look down upon the guy if he's a chump who she has no interest in.

In summary, two things. You should treat it as cash, and spend it on things/people you are willing to spend cash on, and the women you use them with should be women who are appreciative, specially since it is costing them ZERO, and you are giving up something else you would use it for. If she cares, she is really not into you, but into what she thinks you can provide financially.

If you have to ask, or in doubt, regarding gift cards/paying, then you shouldn't be spending on her, gift cards or not.

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Next time, pull out food stamps and pretend your trying to pay your meal with them. lol :p

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hellomisslady said:
Well it's from my sisters for my birthday haha so not much of a cool story but its fine we decided to get smores and watch a movie at her place. Thanks guys
There is much opportunity in this.

Women are all about family and relationships. Using that card would be an excellent reason to talk up your sister and your family, to relate funny and even loving stories about you and you sister if you have any such stories.

This would be a huge DHV, because family issues always pique a woman's interest in a big way. When you display that you are good with kids and good with family, her heart will go pitter-patter. It is hard-wired into her and it works every time.