Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Question

tomzel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am having some trouble getting over this girl I was dating. Not to sound like a loser, but it's made me very depressed. I had previously posted on the board about this girl who "needed space" and changed very quickly. I believe I took the best DJ action, gave her all the space she wanted and haven't talked to her...except to exchange belongings. The fact of the matter is, I really felt strongly about this chick and it is taking everything I have not to think about her. I guess I need a good kick in the a$$ because I shouldn't feel this way, but I do. Any advice is appreciated.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any woman you've been involved with for a significant amount of time isn't going to be forgotten easily, nor quickly. Instead of focussing your energy on getting her back, focus your energy on moving on. The elapse of time NOT spent with her will help those memories and feelings fade.

Eventually, you'll find yourself still thinking about her, but the emotions will no longer be attached. This is why it is important to cut contact. Talking with her or even seeing her will feed the emotions you have for her. If you don't feed them, they'll starve and die.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cure for oneitis

You have oneitis. I'm not insulting you, I've had it a lot of times in my life. It's a dreadful disease set on by the corrupt culture programming of the male species.

There is only ONE cure for oneitis, despite that others say there are more cures. There aren't.

The cure? Date more women, or as Rollo Tomassi would say, spin more plates. That is the only way to get rid of oneitis.

Dating more puts you on another playing field. You realize that:

1. There are more fish in the seas.
2. Some of these fish really like you.
3. Your old oneitis gal may have been nice, but she's not the end-all.
4. It builds your confidence. Heck, just the action of asking one out -- even with a rejection -- is liberating. I asked out a gal last night and the date isn't going to happen for awhile (after New Year's, I'm traveling), but her enthusiasm and smile gave me a jolt of confidence. (Yeah, her accepting the date helped, too.)
5. Dating a variety of women allows you to put your own checks and balances out there. Instead of focusing on one, you focus on many and find out what you like and dislike in a woman. It's like shopping: Do you want to go to a grocery store with one brand of milk, only one type of meat, only one type of cereal, etc.? No, you need choices.

... I could go on, but I'd highly suggest you do a search for Rollo Tomassi's posts on oneitis and the "sniper mentality" vs. the "machine gun mentality" ... it's quite good and better than anything I've written here.

Good luck! I've been there bro, it's not fun. But I was there without the aid of sosuave.com. We're here to save the day!