"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Question?????

Dirkdiggler

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 4, 2004
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Ok a couple of months ago I worked with this really hot girl. We got along great we always had good conversations she lauphed at all my jokes and she seemed to like me....So one day I got the courage to ask her out. she said yeah and gave me her number. I waited about two days and then I called her to set it up. when I called her she told me she would check her work schedule and then call me back later and tell me.. Well she never called that night. The next day I seen her and everything was still the same whenever we were near eachother at work we would talk but she never said anything about the date... well after a couple of days I got tired of waiting so I called her and asked if she wanted to go on a date that night she said yeah and she would call me when she got home no later then 7 she said... ok around 5:30 the phone went off the hook my sister called and talked to my mom forever some business calls for my dad.. and right around 7 an old friend who i havent talked too for quite awhile called so i had to talk to him. I dont have call waiting so I wasnt sure if she called the next day I went to work kind of mad When i seen her she came up to me and said "So Ron" I said "So" kind of rudly she then said "your a hard person to get ahold of" well i didnt know if she was ling or not.. anyways I still want to get ahold of her but im afraid she was just giving me the runaround then and dont really like me what should i do?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Broadband

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2002
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Portland, Oregon
First off awesome name, I take it your an Outlaw Series fan. Can't wait for Outlaw Golf 2.

I've met alot of women who are serious flakes. There is one chick I know who is totally into me, likes to have sex, but I literally can never reach her at all. I mean I'll leave voicemails and she won't call back. I'll invite her over and she'll skip out, and well just flake. I've come to accept it and we hang out when she wants to, but I don't keep any days open expecting her to be calling. If it works out great, if it doesn't there are plenty of other women to flirt with that weekend.

This chick doesn't seem so much of a flake as she does taking advantage of the situation and getting kicks out of it. She's stringing you on and getting a serious laugh out of the matter. While this might not be entirely true you need to put this thing to bed one way or the other. And you have two direct approaches:

1) Stop calling her entirely and start acting aloof. Make her come up to you if she wants to talk. Make her pick up the phone and if she never calls that shows her interest level.

2) Call her on it and bluntly mention you have invited her out on serveral occasions and you want to know if she is honestly intrested or if you are wasting your time. Make sure she knows you have no problem moving on because there are other chicks who are intrested.

Try to hang around other girls more. If she's playing games and likes you she'll have to get more serious because she'll be worried about losing you. The more options you have the easier the situation becomes.

Never play baseball without someone in the batters box warming up for when you need him.
 

SOLDIERM16

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2004
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Los Angeles
i think broadband is right in moving on with ur life. But understand that u should really try to think more positively about the situation.

She said she wanted to go out on a date with you. That is good right there. Normally a girl would NOT agree on a date if she didnt want to. Now u really dont know if she called u or not. But the very next day, she came up to u and adressed the fact that u are hard to get ahold of. I dont think she would be saying that if she knew she could get a hold of you. So i say just leave her be for about a week. And one night when u have nothing better to do, just run another offer by her... if she bites then there you go!
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
397
Reaction score
0
Normally a girl would NOT agree on a date if she didnt want to
Who you kidding? They do it all the time and then they flake. Get with the game playa! The best way is to grab her hand right after work and go on your date without talking about it being a date. Women don't like contracts. They don't want to sign "I'm your girlfriend your my boyfriend." If she goes out with you a few times and you get intimate she IS your girlfriend. Stop thinking of it as a date. Dates are bull**** and they're for losers. Especially if you ask her on a date.
 
Top