"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Question to the masses...

The TallOne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
NJ
I have read/heard about when girls ask you for something/to do something.. that you should say no in most cases, as you are the one in control of the relationship.

Now, what do you make of a girl that does not ask you for anything? Doesn't ask for you to do anything for her.. to buy, etc.

However, she offers to pay for stuff for the both of you, such as snacks at the mall?

I have run into this chick, and she has never asked me for one thing. Alot of other girls in the past, would ask and even expect me to pay for items (such as food/movie tickets) yet this girl does none of that.

She hasn't flaked, nor has she ever cancelled anything. The majority of the time, when I mention for us to do something.. she'll accept. (Unless she has somethin to do with school/work, which is understandable)

Have you guys ever run into this kind of chick before? How did it work out?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Those type of girls/women are a rare find, at least early on in a relationship. Enjoy the ride.

However, you may want to delve a bit deeper into her actions if buying you things is all that she does for you. Is she emotionally there for you or is buying things her only way to keep you interested?

Just something to consider.
 

The TallOne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
NJ
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Those type of girls/women are a rare find, at least early on in a relationship. Enjoy the ride.

However, you may want to delve a bit deeper into her actions if buying you things is all that she does for you. Is she emotionally there for you or is buying things her only way to keep you interested?

Just something to consider.
She offers to help me with my German (she's pretty fluent) and she has helped out a few times with hobbies that I do... Which is most that I have seen from any girl that I have been with.

I rarely do things that require money anyway, its whenever it comes up, she's always willin to pay her half, or both.

Of course, I don't let her most of the time.. but I do allow her every once in awhile...
 

milkman

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
167
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by The TallOne
I have read/heard about when girls ask you for something/to do something.. that you should say no in most cases, as you are the one in control of the relationship.
My opinion: If you also want to do something, say YES, if not, say NO. Of course, sometimes, you can also do her a favour, after all is she the one who irons your shirts ;) What you are referring to, is that you should not try to impress her and that you should live YOUR life and not the life of a man that you imagine she would prefer the most (apart from you know that girls are into men who have an own opinion).

"Control in relationship" means at all that you should do, what everyone should do: Care about your life, guarantee that it is interesting and make it an exciting one. Also care about the people you live with. Don´t be passiv and wait that other people (including her) do or decide something for you. Act by yourself, if YOU ask her if she want to join you to a game of your favourite football team, she is the one who has to say no. That is better instead of waiting until she is so hungry that she asks you if she should cook something and you say "No, I cook"...

Live your life and have some fun and don´t make someone to do something with your gun.

Originally posted by The TallOne
Now, what do you make of a girl that does not ask you for anything? Doesn't ask for you to do anything for her.. to buy, etc.

However, she offers to pay for stuff for the both of you, such as snacks at the mall?
Hmm, let me think, if I would meet such a girl, I would maybe marry her within 5 Minutes.:D


Originally posted by The TallOne

I have run into this chick, and she has never asked me for one thing. Alot of other girls in the past, would ask and even expect me to pay for items (such as food/movie tickets) yet this girl does none of that.

She hasn't flaked, nor has she ever cancelled anything. The majority of the time, when I mention for us to do something.. she'll accept. (Unless she has somethin to do with school/work, which is understandable)

Have you guys ever run into this kind of chick before? How did it work out?
She is a good girl, don´t break her heart. ;) If you ask me, nothing is wrong with her. Everyone is different and she seems to be a much better choice than the opposite of her.

>> But what I read within the lines of your question: She is not really a big challenge for you. It´s too easy for you. You think: Hmm, something is wrong, what is going on here? HUMAN BEINGS WANT A CHALLENGE. It must not always be a big one, but unconscious we think: what is free is wrong.

>>>So, what can we all learn from this case: Never become a man with whom a woman feels like being in paradise... Oh, it´s so great with him... there must be something wrong...

Only if there are some moments of hassle, we will really appreciate the moments of happiness. Otherwise, life will become boring and that´s why people suggest sometimes saying "No" when the little hottie wants her third bottle of Dom Perignon at the same evening. It´s not because of the money, but who wants to bang a totally drunken supermodel??
 

milkman

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
167
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by The TallOne
She offers to help me with my German (she's pretty fluent) ...Of course, I don't let her most of the time.. but I do allow her every once in awhile...
Es scheint mir, dass du eigentlich gerne bezahlst. In dem Fall kann ich dir auch mit deinem Deutsch helfen, ich kann das auch ganz gut. ;)
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by The TallOne
She offers to help me with my German (she's pretty fluent) and she has helped out a few times with hobbies that I do... Which is most that I have seen from any girl that I have been with.

I rarely do things that require money anyway, its whenever it comes up, she's always willin to pay her half, or both.

Of course, I don't let her most of the time.. but I do allow her every once in awhile...
Sounds as if you've come across a good girl. She enjoys you and your interests/hobbies. She's also giving. I can't tell you to keep her around forever, but while you are with her, appreciate her. Don't forget to reciprocate her thoughtfulness once in a while if you want to keep her around.
 

The TallOne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
NJ
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Don't forget to reciprocate her thoughtfulness once in a while if you want to keep her around.
Alright, dumb question.

How would I reciprocate her thoughtfullness? Compliments? Back rubs? ;):D
 
Top