Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Question on nice shirts

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Some may know I've been working on a body transformation. I've now lost around 45 LBS in the last year by cutting breads and sugar. Ironically, your appetite also decreases when you no longer have the urges for sugar and breads. Naturally, my XL shirts no longer fit, so I've been slowly buying M sized slim or extra slim fit shirts and tucking them in. Some of my friends thinks I look too thin when they are tucked in, but I do not see it that way. It is true, my arms have gotten a bit smaller since the reduction of fat, and I am working on getting bigger muscular arms, but I did lose 45 LBS, so my body took the fat from all over it seems. Keep in mind, my friends do not care what they look like and are a bit over weight. I've never been able to wear slim fit shirts before this year because I was slightly overweight and my stomach and had slight chest fat (BMI 26.7). I no longer have this issue (BMI 22.3). Should I stop tucking in my non-dress shirts? I do not tuck in t-shirts or sweaters, just my henley shirts as I like the way I look. GQ says you can do either, RMRS, says no. I was never into much style, but I guess this is what's needed to obtain attractive ladies these days.

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rule of thumb: don't wear clothes that are too much bigger than you are. Clothes that are too big will make you look smaller. My little brother always bought shirts that were my size and wore them, and as a result, he always looked like a shirt on a hanger.

Regarding the tucking in the shirt thing... I hardly do unless I'm wearing a suit. For a long time, I was forced to at the school I attended (until around junior year when they basically said I didn't have to anymore) If the shirt is too long or has an obnoxious tail, then go ahead. But you may be better off having said shirts altered by a skilled tailor in the long term.

Reaction score
Wear fitted shirts, if you have a slight pouch or gut use black and grey to your advantage. Black is very slimming

Shirts must be fitted around your shoulders and upper back, and taper as it goes to your waist, the shirt must also hug your arms comfortably (not so loose you can fit a whole other arm) preferably the bottom of your shirt will end at or just below your belt buckle. If you can lift your arms and ladies can see your happy trail or a peek of your belly button ( disregard if you are lean/have abs) then it's too high or the shirt is too small.

HenBogan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Rick,

I use to look through Pinterest for ideas on style and there I found Reiss clothes...

I liked the style, tried them in the stores, and I've built my wardrobe around their clothes.. They may not suit your shape but I am sure there are loads out there that do.

Find a style that you like and try those clothes.. You may already do so...

Have you gone into a store and get one of the girls to give you but of advice, flirt with her, get their feedback on how you look... I find they love it... Yeah they are trying to sell you something but they may give you ideas that you hadn't considered....

Last edited:

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Some general rules.

1. Sweaters are never tucked in.

2. T-shirts are typically untucked. (But they could be tucked in your jeans if you have a decent belt or if the shirt is too long.)

3. Polo shirts (or “golf shirts”) can be tucked or untucked. Untucked is slightly more causal and ok as long as the shirt isn’t too long.

3. Dress shirts (button-downs) are typically
tucked in for work purposes or if you are wearing a tie*.

4. Button-down shirts (of any style) can untucked to wear at the bar or club. An older guy CAN untuck, as long as it’s not too long. Don’t be a 45 yo dude with a button-down that goes down to your knees lol. (A younger guy can pull off a longer untucked shirt.) If you’re older, it probably shouldn’t hang much below your crotch.

*A young club Chad/Chadlite can pull off an untucked shirt with a tie, but that’s a rare exception.

Last edited:

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some may know I've been working on a body transformation. I've now lost around 45 LBS in the last year by cutting breads and sugar. Ironically, your appetite also decreases when you no longer have the urges for sugar and breads. Naturally, my XL shirts no longer fit, so I've been slowly buying M sized slim or extra slim fit shirts and tucking them in. Some of my friends thinks I look too thin when they are tucked in, but I do not see it that way. It is true, my arms have gotten a bit smaller since the reduction of fat, and I am working on getting bigger muscular arms, but I did lose 45 LBS, so my body took the fat from all over it seems. Keep in mind, my friends do not care what they look like and are a bit over weight. I've never been able to wear slim fit shirts before this year because I was slightly overweight and my stomach and had slight chest fat (BMI 26.7). I no longer have this issue (BMI 22.3). Should I stop tucking in my non-dress shirts? I do not tuck in t-shirts or sweaters, just my henley shirts as I like the way I look. GQ says you can do either, RMRS, says no. I was never into much style, but I guess this is what's needed to obtain attractive ladies these days.
Just copy what the guys on the covers of te magazines are doing. Gq is a great mag. An oxford shirt tucked in to some chinos or jeans with a decent belt and some good leather shoes is a nice outfit.

Fierce

Reaction score
If you have a pooch, wear shirts untucked. It gives a more slimming appearance.

Last edited: