"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Question on decent/nice guy.

crash11

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
I was talking to a girl friend of mine and she said that I was a decent guy. I asked what is the difference between decent/nice guy and she said that the nice guy is the one to get walked all over on. What do you guys think?


Thanks in advanced.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

The Rev

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Life is too short to analyze every word that comes out of a girl's mouth.

My answer: who cares what "decent" or "nice" means when a girl says it.
 

Anaxibios

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Calgary, Can
Be nice, but be yourself, be confident, and most of all have fun above all else.

Sometimes getting shot down can be good for laughs later, especially if some of your buddies saw it all... plus it'll never lower the opinion of a good friend :)

Nice guy can work, as long as you're not "submissive wussy guy" instead.
 

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Montreal
Originally posted by crash11
What do you guys think?
What is there to think? Good for you I guess...
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Decent > Bad

So I guess that means its good :rolleyes:
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 23, 2004
Messages
947
Reaction score
3
Age
45
Location
Inyurvij Eina
Wait, good isn't bad? But bad is good? Or is bad good, or is bad bad? I thought bad was good. Now wtf is decent? AHHH
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by Scrumtulescence
Wait, good isn't bad? But bad is good? Or is bad good, or is bad bad? I thought bad was good. Now wtf is decent? AHHH
You sir, get a cookie.
 

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
487
Reaction score
1
i swear guys need to stop taking things these women say to heart like.. a poster already stated lifes too short stop analysing everything a girls says damn it.:mad:
 

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2004
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
Location
Rome, Italy
Decent means you're a gentleman. Ok, case closed.
 

crash11

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by m4a1
Decent means you're a gentleman. Ok, case closed.
Now, gentleman I can accept. I didn't mean to confuse anyone with this post. I just never thought of what decent meant before. In my younger days I would've never given a ***k.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Wyldfire

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2001
Messages
9,104
Reaction score
28
Decent in womanspeak means that you're on ok guy for someone else, but not for her.
 

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
640
Reaction score
0
blah blah blah, who gives a **** what she says. I want a decent girl. I want a slutty girl. I want a nerdy girl. Frankly I don't care. I just want someone that likes being around me and I think that's what a girl wants too.

Oh yah attraction helps too.
 

MsThang

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2001
Messages
1,130
Reaction score
0
Age
50
If she's going out with you it's a compliment. If you aren't it's either she really likes you or sleeping with you would be like sleeping with her pug.
 

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
47
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
Originally posted by MsThang
If she's going out with you it's a compliment. If you aren't it's either she really likes you or sleeping with you would be like sleeping with her pug.
Way to narrow that one down, MsThang.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
The fact that you care so much about the definition of the word "decent" lets us all know what kind of guy you REALLY are...insecure. ;)
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top