Quality Whey 100%

Duke Togo

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is everyones opinion on the highest quality protein supplement 100% whey, with an extensive amino acid profile, containing no aspartemine, or carbs/fat.

Price, isnt an issue. Thanks :cool:

Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke Togo
What is everyones opinion on the highest quality protein supplement 100% whey, with an extensive amino acid profile, containing no aspartemine, or carbs/fat.

Price, isnt an issue. Thanks :cool:
This is'nt a very good thread simply because if price was really not an issue, you would'nt care and just buy ****loads of whey protein and drink ****loads of protein. :D

But on a serious note.. ON 100% Whey gets my vote. :)

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most are made in the same processing plants and marketed under seperate names. Any major brand should be fine. Just watch out for the prices.

Duke Togo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm....is purely ionised whey worth it, instead of partially ionised partially concentrated?

so it has already broken down amino acid's....what are the real world benefits, faster absorbtion?...i mean the concentrate still gets to the muscles and does the repairing sufficiently correct?

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless you do some kinda specialty stuff, I don't think you'll find any without aspartame, or splenda. They gotta be edible, and that's what makes them edible.

Duke Togo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by semag
Unless you do some kinda specialty stuff, I don't think you'll find any without aspartame, or splenda. They gotta be edible, and that's what makes them edible.
reflex 100% natural whey has zero artificial sweeteners/additives they use cocoa powder and other natural sweeteners but its concentrated whey, and partially ionised, so can anyone answer my question?

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke Togo
reflex 100% natural whey has zero artificial sweeteners/additives they use cocoa powder and other natural sweeteners but its concentrated whey, and partially ionised, so can anyone answer my question?
The difference is insignificant. You want to look for whey isolate as the secondary ingredient because it is more potent. However, pure whey isolate tastes foul.

Duke Togo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by California Love
The difference is insignificant. You want to look for whey isolate as the secondary ingredient because it is more potent. However, pure whey isolate tastes foul.
its more potent as a secondary ingredient, hows that....i dont understand what your talking about.

whats your opinion on this http://www.affordablesupplements.co.uk/ns/products/detail.asp?prodid=813

"Microfiltered whey protein concentrate & cross flow micro filtered whey protein isolate"

"Completely free from artificial sweeteners, flavourings and colourings"

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Question: how long would a 5lb tub last on average?

*would mention something about if it's good, but to be honest has no idea*

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
depends on how you supplement it. If you use it purely as a post workout shake, to hit your muscles with protein, and the shake is 1-2 scoops, I'd say it'll last you a month and 3/4's or so (if you only workout like 4-5 days a week).

If you supplement it, and use like 2-4 scoops a day, then you'll go through it in a month. It's all relative.

samsara

Don Juan
Reaction score
trueprotein.com

you want whey isolate, not concentrate. Best prices around.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by semag
depends on how you supplement it. If you use it purely as a post workout shake, to hit your muscles with protein, and the shake is 1-2 scoops, I'd say it'll last you a month and 3/4's or so (if you only workout like 4-5 days a week).

If you supplement it, and use like 2-4 scoops a day, then you'll go through it in a month. It's all relative.
Nice one :) cheers

I'd have figured it out myself, but I dont know how much said scoop figures out etc.

B.A.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whey is great in its natural form, that is the waste run off from cheese, its full of lactobacteria that promote healthy flora in the bowel, and also contains the necessary co factors and enzymes necessary to aid in the digestion of the protein (such as trypsin). Though your body can easily make these proteolytic enzymes, it is wise not to over stress production, just as you would try to avoid excess insulin production over a pro longed period of time.

You get this in natural organic yogurt and can use it to lacto ferment grains, meats, and make drinks.

- B.A.

Caesar20

Don Juan
Reaction score
When is the best time to take Whey proteins?
right after training session (when you are still "hot") or can you take it after about an hour (by the time you get home)?