Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Purpose of Life?

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My subjectivity only patch up the holes in what lacks objectively. Regarding morals I'd say the golden rule is adequate, I doubt Ted Bundy would have wanted to be subjected to his own crimes.

As long as you question your subjectivity you'll prevent distortion, so I'd say based on your question that no your subjectivity is not distorted.
I like your answer.. the only thing is I think as humans (or at least I can definitely speak for myself) I tend to rationalize situations in order to please my natural desires.

Great thread. My biggest fear is not making the most of my life.
For a long time I've wanted to have the wife & kids. It wasn't until I read The selfish gene that my mind shifted. You see I wanted to pass my genes on so that I could leave something behind. One of the things that the selfish gene tells us is that, as your gene passes down & down it wont be long until not much of you at all exists. So even now more than ever I want to make the most out of my life.

Sometimes I will think what the **** am I doing wasting my life away whilst doing tasks like washing dishes or shopping for food.

I do agree with the poster who basically said there are people a LOT worse off, so be grateful for what you have. I think people always want more, than what they have. Why cannot people be happy with what they have?
Yeah Samspade is right, I mean if we were born a slave with no ability to know any better then we would never even be questioning all this. The trite saying may have some truth "Ignorance is bliss" cause honestly I can give myself a headache pondering existence and wondering what the hell I am doing here.

So anyway back to my original point... while I do believe in God because it just seems logical that this world and it's species are a design, I'm not clear on what/if he has a message? The Bible seems to tell you to reason against your impulses and follow God's law. What bothers me about this is I think it's kind of cruel... I mean why give us impulses that we must not act on? It just feels like a cruel experiment he created and he is just watching down on us for amusement. Similar to if we are watching lab mice in a cage and doing random things to see how they react to different stimuli...

So then there is Jesus Christ... is this world really based on a story where humans are flawed from the beginning and God had to send himself in flesh to be crucified so we would all be saved? Like seriously? I'm not trying to insult Christians, I am one but I'm just really questioning all this stuff...

Someone help me!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
God had to send himself in flesh to be crucified so we would all be saved?

At least that ended the practice of animal sacrifice. The idea is that one sacrifice covers all believers, so as a practical matter, we don't have to take our livestock to church and slaughter them, like in the Old Testament days.

Serenity

Reaction score
I like your answer.. the only thing is I think as humans (or at least I can definitely speak for myself) I tend to rationalize situations in order to please my natural desires.
Some people do that. I tend to literally open my eyes to ensure it's real and not some bullsh!t from the depths of my mind.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rationalizing to please your natural desires will always lead to conflict in the psyche.

Let's keep desire central though, and then make the distinction between natural desires and rational desires. I think the happy person is one who has their natural desires subordinated to their rational desires. Not repressed, but restrained [Puritanism did a LOT of damage to our culture]. They used to call that 'continence'.

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I by no means am advocating any religion......but I myself am a "five point Calvinist" the theology is deep and will blow your hair back.I suspect I am the only one on SS... lol

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're 31. What aspects of your life would your 13-year-old self think are awesome? Chew on that for a while.
The first thing that springs to mind is that i have a really hot Gf with big tits!