Public transport.

kandyass

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all,
usually post in the Mature Man section but thought this question belonged here.

Just out of a LTR and a bit rusty on this stuff (and a lot of it is new...being a recovering AFC) but...approaching women on trains, buses etc...

...is this a no-no? Seems to me its fine if you "happen" to just sit down next to them its fine to start chatting but what if they are sitting a few seats away and you get up and sit next to them and start talking and they aren't interested or whatever...you crash and burn...what do you do then? I mean, where do you go? Do you get off at the next stop..? Personally I wouldn't, but it would be pretty bloody embarrasing...

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The "creep factor" depends on where you live. Here in Australia its perfectly alright. But in New York it might be a bit harder. I usually sit next to them, and strike up conversation (if you can't think of what to say, look out the window, get ideas).

Perfectly normal to feel embarrassed, I've been doing it for over a year and I still feel embarrassed when I crash and burn (usually when the woman is a wanker about it). Just move to another carriage.

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
was actually wondering the same thing the other day! Here in Boston I have to get the T a lot and was wondering what the deal is with regards to chatting to a girl next to you.

I've tried it a couple of times and its gone well. On one particular occasion, the girl, a HB7 was smiling and laughing and I felt I could have gone for the number. I chickened out due to it feeling weird (AFC I know). At the very least, its a way to brush up on your conversation skills.