"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Public Service Announcement

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
2,438
Reaction score
7
Age
39
Matrix I've tried PMing you this but never heard anything:

Hey Matrix, Allen said I would need a mod to edit a post, so I was wondering if you would go to my Mini Bible post (http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24181) and go to edit and copy and paste everything thats in it and send it to me so I can edit without having to redo the fonts and especially links before I send it back to you. A lot of the links are dead and I need to fix it up.

Thanks
 
Last edited:

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Hmm... box never said I had anything... eh... I will have someone take care of it for you... or will do it myself. :)
 

Pfeile

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by crazykid
Because it's a quote from Ray Bradbury.
OK then. :D The only reason I ask is because I'm learning German and that word order is always a bit confusing. They put the second verb at the end of a sentence, like we used to in Old English. BTW, Nocturnal, sprechen Sie Deutsch? ;)
 

Enduro

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 15, 2003
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
"Something wicked this way comes" originates from Shakespeare's "Macbeth", not from Ray Bradbury.

Nice try though, college kids.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Originally posted by Enduro
"Something wicked this way comes" originates from Shakespeare's "Macbeth", not from Ray Bradbury.

Nice try though, college kids.
It's also a book by Ray Bradbury, so we are both correct. I never bothered to read all of McBeth, so I didn't know that.
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
college is worthless

you learn just as much here as you do there:D

jk
Stay in school. Don't be a fool.:cool:

And I am waiting patiently for the new bible by Matrix
 
Top