Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

PUA is (was) a Politically Correct Scam

jerrycalahan

Banned
Reaction score
We're all lied to so often these days, the only times we get mad is when we're told the truth.

Everyone knows what the truth is. Some people are better looking, smarter, more athletic, wealthier, more intelligent and generally superior. Interestingly, positive traits tend to be strongly correlated. Smarter people tend to be healthier and better looking and more intelligent and wealthier.

We all gravitate to beauty, wealth, intelligence and health. We are all repulsed by their opposites.

Now, lying devils dominate media and schools and try to indoctrinate us into believing that the truth is a lie and that lies are truth. We are told fat women are beautiful. We are told old women are sexier than young women. We are told that fat shaming is evil, when we all know that fat people suffer disease at an astronomically higher rate compared to people of normal weight.

And along comes PUA. Like any other popular school of thought, it relies on feel good lies. Looks don't matter! Money doesn't matter! Status doesn't matter! Just approach bro! Just spam approach and if you approach enough women you'll eventually land a hottie and probably a series of them!

Everyone knows this is just blue-pill b.s., yet so many guys on this forum still believe this lie and many others. Guys get pissed off if you call fat women fat. Other guys get pissed off if you acknowledge that good looking guys get the best looking girls.

Other guys are a little more realistic and do acknowledge that good looks, money and high status men are better off in every way possible, but still believe ANYONE can looksmax or become rich or high status. HOWEVER, they won't acknowledge the reality that some people are just too dumb or unimaginative or not genetically gifted enough to ever reach a high level in any important area of life.

I don't mean this as a blackpill, but the lies are getting increasingly ridiculous and ludicrous. The truth shall set you free even if it doesn't guarantee that you'll get laid. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PUA/game basics are great skills to have in your toolbox when you need them. When I was younger, I used to be the awkward kid at the party “interviewing” girls and not knowing how to escalate. They got bored real fast. Learning game helped tremendously, even just getting over approach anxiety and learning to be more social.

How you use your PUA toolbox is up to you. If you go out with the only intention of getting laid, you are missing the point. Having fun on a night out and see a cute girl at the bar. Break out your PUA toolbox and see what happens. The stuff works. But it’s all about your intent. That’s why inner game is most important. Be the best you can be, don’t be the loser with approach anxiety sitting in the corner sulking all night. PUA skills can help. But use them appropriately.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And along comes PUA. Like any other popular school of thought, it relies on feel good lies. Looks don't matter! Money doesn't matter! Status doesn't matter! Just approach bro! Just spam approach and if you approach enough women you'll eventually land a hottie and probably a series of them!
I've never thought about it that way before, but I guess there is a bit of the political correctness built into PUA. The big PUA movement coincided with the time that they started handing out participation trophies, "everyone's a winner'' stuff, and the like. Somewhere around in there, anyway. I've always looked at the "You don't need looks, money, or status" idea to be a sales concept. But you do need money because you need $5000 for the bootcamp lol.

As for game, I've always looked at it more as just social skills than a "PUA toolbox".

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We're all lied to so often these days, the only times we get mad is when we're told the truth.

Everyone knows what the truth is. Some people are better looking, smarter, more athletic, wealthier, more intelligent and generally superior. Interestingly, positive traits tend to be strongly correlated. Smarter people tend to be healthier and better looking and more intelligent and wealthier.

We all gravitate to beauty, wealth, intelligence and health. We are all repulsed by their opposites.

Now, lying devils dominate media and schools and try to indoctrinate us into believing that the truth is a lie and that lies are truth. We are told fat women are beautiful. We are told old women are sexier than young women. We are told that fat shaming is evil, when we all know that fat people suffer disease at an astronomically higher rate compared to people of normal weight.

Everyone knows this is just blue-pill b.s., yet so many guys on this forum still believe this lie and many others. Guys get pissed off if you call fat women fat. Other guys get pissed off if you acknowledge that good looking guys get the best looking girls.

Other guys are a little more realistic and do acknowledge that good looks, money and high status men are better off in every way possible, but still believe ANYONE can looksmax or become rich or high status. HOWEVER, they won't acknowledge the reality that some people are just too dumb or unimaginative or not genetically gifted enough to ever reach a high level in any important area of life.

I don't mean this as a blackpill, but the lies are getting increasingly ridiculous and ludicrous. The truth shall set you free even if it doesn't guarantee that you'll get laid. :)
PUA stuff is indeed sort of a lie.
But it preaches something important. That no matter who you are, by doing something, even some small step, you can become better. And maybe for some, a funny story about picking up some random chick can open a world of self-improvement.
In regard to that, this "PUA lie" can be a great gate towards a better life.

But it is not as powerful as taking full control of your life.
And being kind of a lie, it doesn't compare to the real secret of being successful with women: the truth!
The way you feel after conquering a beautiful girl by just telling her "Hey, I saw you looking at me with lust. Let's go get a drink somewhere else, just the two of us." is priceless. Yeah, it can be a pick-up line you've read in the book. But when it's what you feel and it works, you won't feel like you picked her up. You'll feel like you found someone who appreciates and respects YOU. And you can't put a price on that.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been really fat from my 8 to 16 years old, I never kissed a woman that period. Then I lost weight, become really lean and attractive, women started to chase me on a fcking weird way.

25 years old to 28, I've become fat again, gained 30kg and depression hit me. Women rejected me really hard, the ones that approach I had serious doubts cause they know my parents have an IT company in my town and they have some money and status. So I know for sure they weren't with me cause of my looks, but cause I was a good provider (Financially).

I've already lost 12kg, working out everyday, women are looking at me on a different way again. When I hit my goal... I know thing will change again.

Also being depressed showed me the hardest truth to swallow in my life: when you're down, depressed or at the bottom... You will really find out who really like you. Everyone left, my parents make everything worse... Most of my friends left. I saw people laughing at me. I can be sure that this forum and the doctor I found last year were the ones that really and trully helped me save my life, I'm forever glad for what I've learned here, the hard truth... but the truth that saved me. I felt completely beaten by life, family and people around. I'm still working on reconstructing my sanity, but now I'm up again.

Even if it was hard... it has openned my eyes on a very good way. When I was alone, I saw masks falling... Heard stuffs I will never forget. And realize that it's up only to me (self-responsibility) to change that and to help myself.

So, yes... People will lie to us all the time. If they are around, most of times they want something from you. Stuffs they sell out there, mostly only bullsh1ts to delude you and gave them money. The only knowledge I rely today is observing my experiences, analizing what I read and what I see and checking if there is any sense... It gave me the malice to identify what is true or not (but still I know I can be deluded).

If it doesn't kill you... it will make you stronger. Then you become a better player.

On a World where people are becoming lazy and less aware, don't expect greatness. They will desperate lie and create sh1t to manipulate and get something from you (money, sex, slavery).

People only copy stuffs from great inventors. We need new inventors in this World, in any field.

Is it bad? No, it's how life is... There is good stuffs, bad stuffs... You have to learn how to find it out there. Are there genuine PUA's? Of course! But as it become famous... some fakes ones will try to take advantage to it.

Some tips are really useful. But basically it consists: build your value, take care of yourself, don't spend time chasing pvssy. It's all about a game, you decide how are you going to play. If you want hot chics, you need to become a high value guy. If that's what you want, just go for it... Everything has it's prices and consequences.

And be sure, sometime in your life you may realize you were wrong at something. Then just accept it, learn and move on. I can be totally wrong with everything that I said here... But it's what I'm able to understand right now. In the future, I will probably see things with more wisdom than now.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else. So you can improve yourself and don't fall into traps in life.'

Last edited:

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been really fat from my 8 to 16 years old, I never kissed a woman that period. Then I lost weight, become really lean and attractive, women started to chase me on a fcking weird way.

25 years old to 28, I've become fat again, gained 30kg and depression hit me. Women rejected me really hard, the ones that approach I had serious doubts cause they know my parents have an IT company in my town and they have some money and status. So I know for sure they weren't with me cause of my looks, but cause I was a good provider (Financially).

I've already lost 12kg, working out everyday, women are looking at me on a different way again. When I hit my goal... I know thing will change again.

Also being depressed showed me the hardest truth to swallow in my life: when you're down, depressed or at the bottom... You will really find out who really like you. Everyone left, my parents make everything worse... Most of my friends left. I saw people laughing at me. I can be sure that this forum and the doctor I found last year were the ones that really and trully helped me save my life, I'm forever glad for what I've learned here, the hard truth... but the truth that saved me. I felt completely beaten by life, family and people around. I'm still working on reconstructing my sanity, but now I'm up again.

Even if it was hard... it has openned my eyes on a very good way. When I was alone, I saw masks falling... Heard stuffs I will never forget. And realize that it's up only to me (self-responsibility) to change that and to help myself.

So, yes... People will lie to us all the time. If they are around, most of times they want something from you. Stuffs they sell out there, mostly only bullsh1ts to delude you and gave them money. The only knowledge I rely today is observing my experiences, analizing what I read and what I see and checking if there is any sense... It gave me the malice to identify what is true or not (but still I know I can be deluded).

If it doesn't kill you... it will make you stronger. Then you become a better player.

On a World where people are becoming lazy and less aware, don't expect greatness. They will desperate lie and create sh1t to manipulate and get something from you (money, sex, slavery).

People only copy stuffs from great inventors. We need new inventors in this World, in any field.

Is it bad? No, it's how life is... There is good stuffs, bad stuffs... You have to learn how to find it out there. Are there genuine PUA's? Of course! But as it become famous... some fakes ones will try to take advantage to it.

Some tips are really useful. But basically it consists: build your value, take care of yourself, don't spend time chasing pvssy. It's all about a game, you decide how are you going to play. If you want hot chics, you need to become a high value guy. If that's what you want, just go for it... Everything has it's prices and consequences.

And be sure, sometime in your life you may realize you were wrong at something. Then just accept it, learn and move on. I can be totally wrong with everything that I said here... But it's what I'm able to understand right now. In the future, I will probably see things with more wisdom than now.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
Thanks for pouring your heart out here. I have to agree with most of what you said, except the last phrase.
You don't need to play it better than anyone else. Just better than the average "gamer". I don't see it as a competition, just pushing yourself to become a better you. In reality, we can't all be the best, but as long as we're in the top something%, we do well.
And it's so important to find the right market. Even the best guy in the world at picking up girls will fail with some women.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for pouring your heart out here. I have to agree with most of what you said, except the last phrase.
You don't need to play it better than anyone else. Just better than the average "gamer". I don't see it as a competition, just pushing yourself to become a better you. In reality, we can't all be the best, but as long as we're in the top something%, we do well.
And it's so important to find the right market. Even the best guy in the world at picking up girls will fail with some women.
You're wecome bro! Thanks for your reply.

And yes, I agree with that. It's not about competition, learning the rules can make you become a better person and help you understand where you are stepping in Life. And when you improve yourself, you can help improve others... when you truly help someone and this person recognize it, you just won a great ally to be by your side.

This kind of play better than anyone else can lead us to some dark path in life.

Serenity

Reaction score
Looks don't matter! Money doesn't matter! Status doesn't matter! Just approach bro! Just spam approach and if you approach enough women you'll eventually land a hottie and probably a series of them!
It's not as simple as you're portraying it. You do in fact not need the best look, tons of money or a rockstar status. Spamming approach in and of itself is pretty futile. What makes the difference is GAME, in most cases you can use your superior intellect to compensate for not being the best looking, richest and most popular guy in the area.

If you're too dumb for game then you're screwed. I see LMS preachers as slightly retarded, because they're obviously too dumb to use game effectively.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
It's not as simple as you're portraying it. You do in fact not need the best look, tons of money or a rockstar status. Spamming approach in and of itself is pretty futile. What makes the difference is GAME, in most cases you can use your superior intellect to compensate for not being the best looking, richest and most popular guy in the area.

If you're too dumb for game then you're screwed. I see LMS preachers as slightly retarded, because they're obviously too dumb to use game effectively.
Without the right look, she will shut you down before you can run any game. IQ is useless under such circumstances.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a lot of scam PUA garbage out there for sure. Most of I'm oblivious to.

But I always thought the general message was sort of a Dale Carnegie thing. That is, don't let things hold you back, just try. You can work on getting in shape and making money, but if you wait until you're rich and shredded you might never kiss a girl in the meantime. Of course every man has a ceiling but that doesn't mean he shouldn't make an effort.

But I get what you're saying, telling some poor fat ugly sap he can get a 10 if he just spam approaches (with paid-for routines of course) is b.s. There's a lot of snake oil out there.

The way I see it is of course there are better looking, fitter, and wealthier guys than me, but I don't really care. I control what I can and that's that.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
It's not that hard to improve your looks
Get a better haircut
Dress better
Start working out
Improve your posture
Clear up your acne

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I have to disagree. Intellect is more of a hindrance than an asset when it comes to women, at least directly. Very few women are going to be interested in you because you're smart, and you can't reason your way into a woman except in rare cases. Intellect usually leads to overthinking which then leads to second guessing and insecurity, at least that's my experience.

Drive and hard work are the only guaranteed methods of success, be it in business, at the gym, music or anything else. Footballers (soccer players) are a good example of this, usually dumb as a brick and only able to kick a ball around, but high status and rich as hell and marrying spice girls. Intellect certainly helps, but without hard work, it has no value.

anectodal evidence: I knew a guy who is a legitimate psychopath, he's dumb as a rock with an IQ of around 90 and one of the laziest people in the world, but he gets any poon he wants because he's good looking, tall and most importantly, a master manipulator like all psychos. He should be in jail for what he does to women, but he manages to live his life as a parasite.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to disagree. Intellect is more of a hindrance than an asset when it comes to women, at least directly. Very few women are going to be interested in you because you're smart, and you can't reason your way into a woman except in rare cases. Intellect usually leads to overthinking which then leads to second guessing and insecurity, at least that's my experience.

Drive and hard work are the only guaranteed methods of success, be it in business, at the gym, music or anything else. Footballers (soccer players) are a good example of this, usually dumb as a brick and only able to kick a ball around, but high status and rich as hell and marrying spice girls. Intellect certainly helps, but without hard work, it has no value.

anectodal evidence: I knew a guy who is a legitimate psychopath, he's dumb as a rock with an IQ of around 90 and one of the laziest people in the world, but he gets any poon he wants because he's good looking, tall and most importantly, a master manipulator like all psychos. He should be in jail for what he does to women, but he manages to live his life as a parasite/vampire.
Alot of women should be in jail for what they do to us.

jerrycalahan

Banned
Reaction score
I've never thought about it that way before, but I guess there is a bit of the political correctness built into PUA. The big PUA movement coincided with the time that they started handing out participation trophies, "everyone's a winner'' stuff, and the like. Somewhere around in there, anyway. I've always looked at the "You don't need looks, money, or status" idea to be a sales concept. But you do need money because you need $5000 for the bootcamp lol.

As for game, I've always looked at it more as just social skills than a "PUA toolbox".
PUA is indeed political correctness. It tells you every blue pill lie you want to hear:

1. looks don't matter
2. money doesn't matter
3. social status doesn't matter
4. race doesn't matter

Then they add in some new age woo woo feel good b.s. from eckhart tolle and it's supposedly all good. Just meditate, stay in the moment and spam approach.

It's a brainf-ckin long con trying to scam you into believing what's MOST important (looks, money, status) is LEAST important and what's least important (spam approaching, posture, mood, etc) is most important. Interestingly, once you commit to the con, they start to tell you the TRUTH:

1. you need MONEY in order to get laid. That's right, unless you have $2,000 to $5,000 minimum, you can't take a bootcamp and therefore you can't get laid.

2. looks matter A LOT. So, the first thing you do on the first day of a "bootcamp"is that you to fix your APPEARANCE: wardrobe, your teeth, your skin, your hair, your shoes, everything you can, about your appearance.

3. social status is of the utmost appearance as well, which is why the best known bootcamps try to crash the most prestigious, highest status clubs and bars on the sunset strip. This is why also, bootcamp instructors PAY women to join them on the bootcamps in order to accord the instructor with, you guessed it, HIGHER STATUS.

It's all coming crashing down of course as the better known names have all left the scene. PUA was exposed long ago. It's crazy people still follow it. Then again, mormonism has millions of followers, too, lol.

Yeah that's true. But even with the right look, if you don't have game you still won't get laid
Once I tweaked my looks, girls just invited me to their bedrooms. Actually that was happening before I improved my appearance or even cared about it much.

Last edited:

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
As I said before we had a guy who worked for a vendor at work. Only 5-5, meth head skinny maybe 105lbs, no stable career and yet he used PUA tactics and gets lots of dates. Just approaches everyone in large numbers so it's a numbers game.

Granted they seem like HB6 variety though and not high end cream of the crop, which is lower than most of you guys on here go for anyway, but it did work and he is super thin, barely average looking. Most women bigger than him.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Intellect is more of a hindrance than an asset when it comes to women, at least directly.
Can be. Paralysis by analysis. And overthinking things, you can always find reasons why this particular girl won't go for you. Whereas a guy who is outside his own head more will just plow ahead.

I don't see game as being an intellectual pursuit, not natural game anyway. It can be as simple as just having the kind of personality that draws people to you - for whatever reason.

and if you wanted to die alone, you probably wouldn't be here.
I've always gotten the impression a lot of guys here do want to die alone. Some seem to think that spending any sort of time with a female (outside of bedding her) is like being dropped into a vat of acid.

2. looks matter A LOT. So, the first thing you do on the first day of a "bootcamp"is that you to fix your APPEARANCE: wardrobe, your teeth, your skin, your hair, your shoes, everything you can, about your appearance.

3. social status is of the utmost appearance as well
The guy they picked as the winner in the first season of Mystery's old show The Pickup Artist, they picked him largely because they thought he had the kind of looks that could be successful with it.

Social status is obviously important, otherwise why would they tell you to DHV? I guess you don't have to actually have social status, they just tell you to fake it. Really, it's easier to fake social status if you actually have it (otherwise you come off as incongruent). But some girls are very gullible.

Last edited: