"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

prom

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Guys started asking girls to the prom in our school last week or so. I asked two HB9s but they already got dates. There is a girl who's a 7 and is in 11th grade who definatelly likes me (We started talking two weeks ago, since then she found out where I hang out before school and now goes there too, she's been asking me where I hang out during lunch and everytime I see her she immediatelly walks up to me and starts talking). So my question is, should I ask a few other girls who are 9s or should I just go with her since she's definatelly interested?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Ace of Spades

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 12, 2003
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
Location
Illinois
Go with the younger girl. There will be no obligation on your part to impress her, therefore you will have a much better time. You already know she digs you, and asking somebody else would be foolish.
 

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
40
well, I decided to go against the advices and asked an HB9.5 to the prom today. But got a bunch of ******** in response from her, so help me descramble it (keep in mind that I never saw her talk to guys so she might be afraid of us).

Me: [name], are you going to the prom with anyone yet?
Her: well, ... no
Me: Wanna go with me?
Her: Well, I still don't know if I'm going at all... ...someone else asked me already and I said I will think about it but I will probably say no to them. Maybe I'll go with you, I need more time to think about it.
Me: Tell me when you make up your mind, ok?
her: ok

So wtf is that? Is that her being extremely insecure? Is that her saying that she already has a date and will try to say no to them to go with me? Is that her saying she doesn't want to go to the prom at all? Is that her saying no and trying to come up with some lame excuse? Or is she putting everyone on hold because she's waiting for someone else to ask her? And if she doesnt reply tomorrow or the day after, should I forget about her or remind her and then if she hesitates forget about her?
 

imnexthere

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Location
small university campus
Ideally you would have responded that its cool she thinks about it but you need to know by <insert date here>.

I'm thinking that she has low IL and you will not be going with her. She will either not go or be with whoever else asked.

Think about it. If you were just asked out to prom by someone you were interested in would you hesitate to say yes even if you had no plans on attending? I know I wouldn't.

Wait a small amount of time if you wish but line up that other girl. She is who you will probably go with.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
Anything but a "Yes" should just be thrown out. You probably wouldn't have as much fun with a girl who just goes with you just because she couldn't snag another date or has to think about it anyways. And if she has to think about it, you might have to worry about impressing her just because she's probably expecting something special.

I'd say to go with the younger girl. If she's a 7, she's at least cute, and no obligations mean you have a better time at Prom. Trust me, you don't want to go with someone that you have to impress, especially to Prom.
 

bogman2121

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 21, 2003
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Age
41
she is saying no so ask the 7 you'll have more fun with someone you dont have to impress and she wont be embarassed to be there with you like the 9.5 apparantly would be
 

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
3
Yeah man, go with the one that likes you. I almost made the mistake of not going with a HB8 that graduated last year. She's really into me, and I almost didn't ask her. She was practically begging to go with me. All I know is that we're going to be having a blast at the dance, the after party, and the after-after party at my place :p
 
Top