Progressing DJ in distress

TheMan425

Don Juan
Reaction score
Two things..

1.Im 17 yrs old, havent had a girlfriend in years, and im getting sick and tired of being single. Ive recently made improvements to my image, change of style from "ghetto" to "preppy" to be vague. I've gotten alot of compliments from really good looking girls. One even said i was hot, which was kind of a first. It feels awesome being told you look good:yes: . But appearance is not my problem, it is my actions. I'm still too shy and lack the balls to make a move, even though ive been getting complimented 5 times a day! Why cant i think of what to say? Why am i such a p*ssy?!

2.Theres this girl in my class who i really like. I've hung out with her and her friends once, but thats it, only once, which was last week. All through out the year, the only interaction with her is: eye contact, smile, wave, hello or something..ALL YEAR LONG. I need to take this to the next level. Ive heard she is "kind of" seeing someone else but she told me she was single. I have her number but Im not too experienced with girls and deciding to call her to hang out ignites a war between what i want to do, and the consequences of doing that in my head. So thus, i havent called her to hang out yet, and i feel I've waited too long. I feel that if i make a sudden move that it will be awkward, and possibly scare her off. And right now my concerns are if im going to get punched in the face with a LJBF. Or some form of that. Can someone explain how to take this sort of relationship to the next level, and find out if she really likes me?

BTW Ive read tons of articles on here so please do not send me a link. Real DJ advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

john_wilshusen

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a simply answer to this situation.. Call her all ready! Make sure you make plans on what you want to do with her and make it good.

Movies, dinner, and getting coffee are all good first date idea but they are played out. Come up with something original. My local paper has a section every friday called "The Beat" where it lets you know just what is going on in town that weekend. I found out through it that they play old movies on the side on an old building downtown every friday night. Girls love it because noone in my town even knows about it. If you check the local colleges they are often putting on some kind of play, ballet, musical performance that you can get into for a few bucks or at times for free.

If she is not the type of girl to apperciate something cultural or different then just take her to the movies but, for the love of god at all costs avoid the dollar movies. Bad first impression. If you don't have the cash to take a girl to see a movie never settle for the dollar movies unless you've been dating for awhile.

All the rambling advice aside, make your move or move on. If you don't try something soon you will be labeled as a friend and her "sort of" relationship will quickly drop the "sort of."

TheMan425

Don Juan
Reaction score
its hard saying where we are going for the first date because she has the car. i dont even have my liscense yet. should just call her and be like, "hey do you wanna get some coffee right now?" or "hey do you wanna hang out?" or what? i know i think too much about this but its just what i do. what would you do/say if you were in my position?

shydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ERM ERM ERM!! HMMM let me think!! I am still thinking!! HMM this is really hard!!! WOW you really got my brain to work!! Ohhh LORD this question is hard!!! Damit man, i cant figure outt he answer!! Let me think for a little more!! HMMMMMMM

shydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WHERE IS YOUR CONFIDENCE?????? IS IT IN YOU??? IS IT SOMEWHERE LOST?? You better find it! Couse you are going nowhere unless your confident. 5 chiks complimented you? How come you are not in bed with them now?? What happened ??? Are you GAY???? They should be giving you head!! Are you a gangster?? Why were you wearing ghetto cloth?? Did you rob a store????

OK This is going nowhere!!!!! WDF!!!!

Look, you come up to her and ask her out, she will say YES, then you take her to your house and screw her reall good. I am DRUNK!! WOOOOW!! Clear eyes for bad eyes!! The difference is clear!! CLEAR EYES!

john_wilshusen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Suprise her.. The only thing is don't pick something too far away as gas costs are well.. bad. I'd say make plans ahead of time in your sitatuion. plans on a thursday for a friday or saturday night aren't bad.

Make the first date good.. or you wont get a second.

Lion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheMan425 said:
its hard saying where we are going for the first date because she has the car. i dont even have my liscense yet. should just call her and be like, "hey do you wanna get some coffee right now?" or "hey do you wanna hang out?" or what? i know i think too much about this but its just what i do. what would you do/say if you were in my position?

Yea just call her straight up and say, I feel like going for a coffee or im going to the "place", do you wanna come?
If the car thing comes up, just say "youre driving, im paying" or something like that.
hope this helps

TheMan425

Don Juan
Reaction score
shydude said:
WHERE IS YOUR CONFIDENCE?????? IS IT IN YOU??? IS IT SOMEWHERE LOST?? You better find it! Couse you are going nowhere unless your confident. 5 chiks complimented you? How come you are not in bed with them now?? What happened ??? Are you GAY???? They should be giving you head!! Are you a gangster?? Why were you wearing ghetto cloth?? Did you rob a store????

Look, you come up to her and ask her out, she will say YES, then you take her to your house and screw her reall good. I am DRUNK!! WOOOOW!! Clear eyes for bad eyes!! The difference is clear!! CLEAR EYES!
LMAO, your a funny drunk. Anyways thanks guys, i will take everyone's advice into consideration and call her tomorrow. After i do i will share results. As far as why im not banging these chicks...well...that is a good question. I guess i wasnt used to all the attention really. But i think im cool now :up:

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shydude said:

Nice to see an alcoholic giving advice.

Muphaser

Don Juan
Reaction score
oakraiderz2 said:
Nice to see an alcoholic giving advice.

Lmfao...

B jus call up and say say hang out,,, and just walk around like at a park, shopping centre etc but not moooovies, naw not a good 1st date