Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Problem with Roomates

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am currently having a problem with my roommates. I live in a student house with 5 guys including myself. There is 3 levels to the house. Me and my housemate upstairs, are very similar in our lifestyles, and both try our best to keep a cleanly house. The 2 who live in the basement are complete slobs. They're rooms a total dump, and they couldn't care a less what our common rooms look like. My housemate upstairs, is a bodybuilder, and acted partially as an authoritative figure, and kept the other guys in line somewhat. He is gone this semester for CO OP, which leaves me and the 3 slobs. Of course they took advantage of the situation, leaving they're garbage, plates, empty bottles, all over our common area. Im a person who likes a clean house, and cant stand picking up other peoples sh1t.
So far i am a month in, and have already got into countless fights with the other 3 about they're habits around the house. Its totally disrespectful and inconsiderate what they are doing. I have tried several different methods of dealing with this. I have lead by example, not leaving a single mess myself, and even cleaning up theirs. I have tried talking to them, which always ends up in an argument. I have tried reverse psychology. when it comes down to it, they are just lazy unmotivated human beings. This is destroying our friendship, and i still am locked into this lease for a another 16 months

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry but that is life. Living with room mates suck. Anyone with experience will tell you that. You sacrifice your personal space for cheaper rent. Suck it up or move or go crazy on that nga and kill him.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a lot of problems with my roommates too. Only one out of the 4 of us is a slob though so it's not bad. Their three dogs always in the house chewing up Sh!t is what gets me.

You either look at getting out of your lease and see if its worth it or accept it.

Stay gone and hang out with other friends etc. and keep your own room clean.

Upside

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One or two roommates isn't that bad. When you go with more there are increased odds you get a douche of a person to live with.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Contact Student Housing. Tell them that you're concerened that your slooby room mates will draw mice & roaches in to the house and that is a HEALTH HAZARD! I'm sure those guys had to sign a lease just like you did. On that lease it probably says they have to keep the place clean. (My dorm room in college had an inspection every Friday)

If that fails, ask to transfer to another building.

if they won't move you...go to the pet store, buy some brown mice & turn the little buggers loose. Take pics of them eating at the trash left by others and take those to the Student Housing.

It has now elevated to a true "health hazard" (even though those mice are probably cleaner than your downstairs roomies!) They will have to call an exterminator & force the guys to clean up or get thrown out.