Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Problem: I act like I know someone too early

gmm567

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Age
68
Any one have that problem? What did you do about it?

A "natural" friend of mine told me that that was my problem with women.

When ever I meet someone, I am too open. My conversational threads are as if I know someone already. And, this, according to my "natural" friend kills things.

Any thoughts?

thanks
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2002
Messages
665
Reaction score
0
Location
Hermosa Beach, CA
Actually, ASSUMING rapport is a good thing. It eliminates awkwardness and the feeling that you're hitting on them (assuming that your style is indirect).

I suspect, however, that what your natural friend is alluding to is that you are not qualifying them or being too giving. In other words, you are giving them something FREE (ie friendship, humor, etc) without making them work for it. It's almost like buying a girl a drink when she hasn't earned it.

But in this case it's your time, stories, humor, etc.

Once the girl believes that you are "easy", there is no challenge for her to pursue and be pursued by you.
 

affliction

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Age
44
I think you need to be more specific about what you actually talk about, but from what I've heard, this is actually a good way to talk to girls. Of course, theory & practice are two totally different things, so who knows if it's really effective.
 

crotchrocket

Don Juan
Joined
May 22, 2003
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
It is GOOD to be comfortable around new people, they then naturally feel comfortable around you, however if you are doing something that is also diminishing sexual tension, THAT IS BAD, because as I'm sure we all know, without sexual tension you head straight into the friendzone.
 

gmm567

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Age
68
More info.

My friend and I talked some more. He even critiqued a letter
I was writing to this hot or not chick.

My letter was too rational and observational. Being insightful, I guess, is a disadvantage. Cause women don't have a brain.


My friend also thinks I am too geeky. He likes me, but he says I can come off that way. Also, after rewriting my letter, I realized he created some MYSTERY. When I told him that, he agreed; you need to create mystery.


It really helps to have a natural around who is direct and blunt with you. It's not true that the naturals can't verbalize what they do. It's jsut that they've probably never had to sit down and verbalize what they do.

Geoff
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top