Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pretty Sure I got Delta Variant

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That explains it...Canada is lagging badly with that...to the chagrin of all the US border dwellers who haven't been able to visit family, run their businesses or check on their properties for almost a year and a half now...CA border reopening on the 9th of August to US residents and people are stoked.
No thats actually incorrect as I’m Canadian. It was true months ago when our idiotic PM tried to procure a vaccine made in China. Only for them to squash the deal due to political reasons. This left us late for the dance and scrambling to obtain from other sources. Skip forward, with a million mRNA doses coming in almost every week our population is now saturated. Walk-ins for the shot is widely available. Maybe less so in remote areas due to the size of our country but the issue now like the US is convincing anti-vaxers, the undecided and more importantly the youth to get the jab. Delta is starting to spread among the 20 somethings because at that age you’re invincible. Oh by the way, the US side of the border is closed to us till Aug 21st. Makes no sense Biden!

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
No thats actually incorrect as I’m Canadian. It was true months ago when our idiotic PM tried to procure a vaccine made in China. Only for them to squash the deal due to political reasons. This left us late for the dance and scrambling to obtain from other sources. Skip forward, with a million mRNA doses coming in almost every week our population is now saturated. Walk-ins for the shot is widely available. Maybe less so in remote areas due to the size of our country but the issue now like the US is convincing anti-vaxers, the undecided and more importantly the youth to get the jab. Delta is starting to spread among the 20 somethings because at that age you’re invincible. Oh by the way, the US side of the border is closed to us till Aug 21st. Makes no sense Biden!
Yup...but as I am American I am considered essential coming back to the US so the restrictions don't apply, so US citizens can pretty much resume cross border travel without restrictions as of 8/9

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I got no taste, also I'm working from home so I had no desire to get the vaccine back when they had dedicated sites which are all but shut down now, figured I'd be able to go later on but the ignorance in this country just keeps heightening, it's incredible really.

I 10000% got it from the Steam Room at the pool I'm sure, knew I was taking a risk even sitting alone in there, but I don't have immune comp family living with me right now so I'm free to take some of these risks I haven't been able to on the past, but the onset was crazy fast, maybe that's why.
Yeah. speedy recovery there mate. If you’re home alone and can keep isolated from others, then you’ll just have to dig in. If you start having respiratory problems, yes seek immediate medical attention. A test now is kinda redundant, they’ll just send you home even with a positive. Unless your job or family life can expose you to other people. Then it best to know for there safety. You can always get it done when you feel better to confirm either way.

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup...but as I am American I am considered essential coming back to the US so the restrictions don't apply, so US citizens can pretty much resume cross border travel without restrictions as of 8/9
For sure. Essential was always allowed both ways. Can’t wait for it to open especially with the NFL just around the corner. Gooo Packers!

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
When you go to bed use an extra pillow otherwise you will cough a ton.

I had the virus last year it was hell for two weeks, during the day i was fine and able to function but at night my coughing and breathing was terrible. The doctors said your young just go home and rest. It was more intense than a flu that's for sure.

After 2 weeks i got better but had a lingering cough for another two weeks but overall was fine.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fell better OP.

Vaccine makes a person far less likely to get it, and if you do it is way less severe. I don’t know why people want to contract this insidious disease.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Fell better OP.

Vaccine makes a person far less likely to get it, and if you do it is way less severe. I don’t know why people want to contract this insidious disease.
Population control to lead to higher human IQ from the survivors

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Population control to lead to higher human IQ from the survivors
Fell better OP.

Yeah so we're basically doomed here lol...

Albertans who are close contacts of those who test positive for COVID-19 will no longer have to isolate, beginning Thursday.

It’s one part of the province’s plan to move away from nearly all public health restrictions by mid-August, despite rising daily case counts and faltering immunization rates.

The province will also stop routine asymptomatic testing for close contacts, and contact tracers will no longer get in touch with these people to notify them that they were exposed to the virus.

The changes will not apply in high-risk spaces, such as acute-care facilities, continuing-care sites and some other workplaces, where contact tracing will continue.

Chief medical officer of health Dr. Deena Hinshaw made the announcement at a news conference Wednesday, her first time back at the podium since June 29, when she stepped out of the spotlight ahead of the province’s broad reopening.

With a vaccine readily available, the need for the types of extraordinary restrictions we used in the past has diminished,” Hinshaw said.

“These changes are a necessary step forward, one that will let us keep supporting those who become severely ill, but also help us care for those who get sick from the flu or other viruses.

Additional sweeping changes to Alberta’s response will come into effect Aug. 16, as the province shifts its public health resources away from the ongoing pandemic.

On that date, isolation won’t be required, only “strongly recommended,” even for people who test positive for COVID-19.

Testing will only be available for those who have severe symptoms of the virus, with all assessment centres closing by the end of August. Some larger sites are already closing, with Calgary’s Telus Convention Centre vaccine clinic having its final day Friday.

Isolation hotels and other quarantine supports will be discontinued beginning Aug. 16.

The provincial masking mandate for transit, taxis and ride-share vehicles will also be lifted then. Some mask use may still be required in acute-care or continuing-care facilities. Masking will be recommended in school settings in response to outbreaks.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to bed fine yesterday woke up today in a different world, been getting worse and worse all day, this morning was just nose running and about 8 hours later my eye is watering so bad I can't open it, never experienced any sort of sickness with such a quick and intense onset
It is pretty sudden onset, from what I heard. Within a day. The delta variant produces something like 1000 times more viral load. Whereas the original variant could be avoided by keeping at least 1 meter away and wearing a mask, you can catch the delta variant by passing someone in a corridor.

If you can get it prescribed somehow, ivermectin is an antiviral that governments are not interested in researching because they think it will discourage people from getting the vaccine. Pharma companies don't want to research it because it's too cheap. Vitamin D is very important for immune function - try to get some very large dose supplements (300,000 iu) if you think there is any chance that you're deficient.

Try not to take any type of fever-reducing medicine like aspirin, paracetamol etc as the fever is part of the immune response which helps fight the virus. Obviously it's too late to get the vaccine now, in the sense that it won't help you with this infection. You can still get it later after you recover.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Taste/smell thing is pretty unique to COVID.
I read that the delta variant is less likely to cause smell and taste loss.

If I were the op, I would be googling antiviral foods. The chinese had some good results early on with vitamin c. A glass of orange juice wouldn't hurt.

Billtx49

Reaction score
If I were the op, I would be googling antiviral foods. The chinese had some good results early on with vitamin c. A glass of orange juice wouldn't hurt.
From my son in law the Dr., daily vitamin D intake without fail…

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I actually started doing that myself at the start of the pandemic, and still do. It is supposed to take a little bit of sunlight to activate that vitamin d.
Astaxanthin also helps tremendously to prevent the immune system from tripping out and helps keep you out of the hospital...12mg a day is the dose used in studies.