Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Premium OLD Subscriptions Worth It?

SmoothHendrixPS2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I purchased the tinder subscription during covid. You get 5 super likes A DAY and unlimited swipes, get to see who swiped right on you with the option to reciprocate. I always super like the girls who are exactly my type. This has worked in my favor. I recommend it if you are fully committed to the ups and downs of OLD, and have your text game down.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most men need to buy the unlimited swipe package from one of the big swipe apps to have a fighting chance. On 100 swipes a day, it's not likely you'll get a lot of matches. I know my match percantage on my right swipes has historically been under 1%.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was necessary in Tinder if you want to set your location to somewhere else. Useful for traveling, to set stuff up before you arrive.

Schwing

Banned
Reaction score
Do you mean like a premium feature, or the expensive paid only sites like Match and Eharmony?

I do with Match but will cancel probably soon.

BEFORE covid Match was hell of a lot better. Women a bit older, but less fatties, and overall hotter women. Still mostly crap women but some decent women for men my age range. Also they tend to be more chatty and give numbers out and dates. Still overpriced but at least better looking, less tatted women. Now, hell no! Plenty of fatties like POF, most are ugly and the few hot ones left are the cat lady types.

Not sure about Tinder. Haven't used it much in the last 6 months. Shadow banned from it and don't feel like getting a burner phone.

I have noticed with Bumble they have greatly reduced the number of swipes over the years before you gotta pay.

These apps owned by Match LLC are money grubs. Then they bought OKC they neutered OKC and made it useless so more people would switch to paying apps like Tinder which they own.

IMO stick to the free stuff like POF, Tinder. Hopefully you find a diamond in the rough. Swiping should be done as passing time when you're bored. Not for hours each day and spending $200 a month like simps do using it as a sole way of trying to meet people.

I really don't know what is going on with OLD. People on here claiming OLD was horrible before Covid too. I agree OLD before Covid wasn't good, but it sure was hell better than it is now! Even May of 2020 it wasn't that bad.

Before Covid on Match, Facebook dating, Tinder it was fairly easy to get matches and chat people up and I'm not a 6-2 chad and used crappy pics and got a sh*t load of matches on Facebook dating,Tinder, match and numbers about 60 percent of the time when interacting. Before Covid if you were not getting replies you were probably doing something wrong. Now I run into a ton of bots.

Example of hotties before covid.

momentomori

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's absolutely necessary if you want results from OLD. Its pay to play for guys at this point, unless your a 9.9 in looks. Even then. You gotta get tinder platinum and use boosts all the time to get dates from OLD.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OLD dating is useless without a premium subscription, unless you're a celebrity, male model, etc.

I hate giving the sites business, so I typically just pay for a month, mass swipe, then engage with who I've matched with when the subscription expires.

Schwing

Banned
Reaction score
OLD dating is useless without a premium subscription, unless you're a celebrity, male model, etc.

I hate giving the sites business, so I typically just pay for a month, mass swipe, then engage with who I've matched with when the subscription expires.
Yep. Tinder got worse when Match LLC bought it. Without the premium services.

roaming shark

Don Juan
Reaction score
Take it from me, even paying doesn’t work. I have professional photos and look decent, with a good job. I boost weekly and pay for bumble and hinge. I get maybe 1-3 matches a month at this point. I’m in a city with 7 million. OLD is not designed for you to meet people, rather it’s a money extraction project. From your pocket.

Instead I work to make 20 cold approaches a week. Keeps me sharp and allows me to keep some leads Going.Cold approach is the only way. Trust me. That’s 80 approaches a month, statistically, 1-3 of them will really really like you. Assuming you have decent game. Which I do. At that point, the balls in your court to screen for quality.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take it from me, even paying doesn’t work. I have professional photos and look decent, with a good job. I boost weekly and pay for bumble and hinge. I get maybe 1-3 matches a month at this point. I’m in a city with 7 million. OLD is not designed for you to meet people, rather it’s a money extraction project. From your pocket.
Paying only gives you a fighting chance. I agree that a lot of times paying doesn't work. Most men have a match percentage below 1% on their right swipes. You need to pay to get the unlimited swipes.

Instead I work to make 20 cold approaches a week. Keeps me sharp and allows me to keep some leads Going.Cold approach is the only way. Trust me. That’s 80 approaches a month, statistically, 1-3 of them will really really like you. Assuming you have decent game. Which I do. At that point, the balls in your court to screen for quality.
Even though approaching strangers randomly is similar to cold calling for business (a discredited sales method), there is an advantage is being face-to-face. While I don't recommend stranger approaching as the overall best option in the short to medium term for finding a girlfriend, it does have more merit than app swiping.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most men need to buy the unlimited swipe package from one of the big swipe apps to have a fighting chance. On 100 swipes a day, it's not likely you'll get a lot of matches. I know my match percantage on my right swipes has historically been under 1%.
Men would be foolish to upgrade. Swipe apps do not filter for activity. Allowing unlimited swipes just lets you swipe through all the localized inactive profiles.

Location based swipe apps are most effective when traveling. It allows the app to “refresh,” giving you the chance to swipe through dozens of fresh profiles.

Dean Gladwyn

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can subscribe to premium but if your profile is still average, with a below-average bio, it's not going to do wonders for you. You need to have the chat behind the profile too, otherwise, you just get left on read.

M

member160292

On Tinder, I have premium. I don't have time to keep swiping (or want to) so I just boost myself and see who likes me.

It's mediocre, curious if there's an alternative approach.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This is going to sound harsh, but your pictures aren't good enough or you're not as attractive as you think you are. I had nearly 2k matches on Hinge prior to being banned and had sex with 10+ girls a year off it. Also had one relationship.

roaming shark

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is going to sound harsh, but your pictures aren't good enough or you're not as attractive as you think you are. I had nearly 2k matches on Hinge prior to being banned and had sex with 10+ girls a year off it. Also had one relationship.
That could be the case. Who knows. But trust me I’m a ruthless self critic and have tried everything OLD. It’s designed to get your money