Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

possible to take too much whey or milk?

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
anything wrong with taking a lot of milk (4+ pints skimmed milk) a day? or 5 or 6 scoops whey?

Lost Cause

Don Juan
Reaction score
No but you're wasting your money. Your body can't absorb that much protein. 1g per lb. of body weight is just fine.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lost Cause
No but you're wasting your money. Your body can't absorb that much protein. 1g per lb. of body weight is just fine.
6 scoops whey - 150g protein

4 pints skim milk - 64g protein

depending on what you weigh 214g protein is fine. However, I'd lay off so much milk... that's overkill... drink 2 pints of milk and eat more lean meats instead.

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm actually just getting into clean eating and whatnot...it seems that whey is the easiest way to get my 180 (more or less) grams of protein daily. I'm thinking of a 40/40/20 deal, but when I track it on fitday.com, it seems the bulk of my calories still come from carbs, because my protein sources tend to be high in carbs as well. Should I be ok with turkey on whole wheat for lunch for part of my protein, and then maybe 2 servings of whey daily? Even protein bars have like 30g of carbs, and I'd rather not deal with that.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whey, which is (nearly) lactose free and pre digested, is very easy to digest. Milk, because of lactose, is more difficult and less efficient to digest.

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I bought some cottage cheese last night (never really had it before, that I can remember), because everyone says you should eat a small bowl before bed, because of the protein. It was HORRID. Tasted like rotten milk, and had the consistency of lumpy vomit. I ended up throwing it out, but made a shake with some this morning

milk
a banana
some raw oatmeal (rolled oats)
cottage cheese
cinnamon powder

Threw it all in the blender, and it wasn't half bad.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Latte, I'm guessing you had the non fat kind? I can't stand that crap either. Low fat tastes 10x better though. And you're right about it being a great thing to eat before bed. Casien is the actual high protein food found in cottage cheese, which in addition to being a great source of protein, it also improves nitrogen retention and prevents muscle loss while you sleep (and go 8 hours without food).

Should I be ok with turkey on whole wheat for lunch for part of my protein, and then maybe 2 servings of whey daily?
As long as it's actual sliced turkey breast and not the processed crap that's made of random turkey meat gelled together. There's really nothing wrong with having carbs with your protein - infact it's probably healthier to eat that way for most meals.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Your body can only process 20g of protein an hour.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I know the latest studies have shown that the old myth that the human body can only digest 30g of protein at once is completely wrong. However I think 480 grams of protein should be enough ;-)

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Julian, the amount of protein that can be used at a time varies from person to person, depending on their weight, muscle mass, and activity level. That 20g per person could very well be the figure for your average sedentary male, while a male who's blasting his muscles in the gym 3 days a week could digest much more. The whole purpose of protein is to repair and build muscle tissue, so if you’re ripping up your muscle tissue in the gym, obviously more protein would be needed to repair all that tissue and build a little more tissue so you can support that weight better next time.

Reaction score
I can't stand any form of cottage cheese. I have a can of 98% fat free tuna before bed, is that a good alternative to the cottage cheese?

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr Hash, tuna should work well too as a protein source. Just be careful of mercury if you eat too much tuna - it can make you bald and cause other health problems.