positive results for tanning

stumpy_mcgee

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've started tanning for the summer. I'd just like to hear your guys stories (if any) on how it's improved your look or how more girls notice you because of your tanned look as opposed to looking like caspers a$$.

floorman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to tan, did it my senior year of high school untill 2002. (I graduated in 99) In 2002 I noticed a mole on my face was weird, got it checked out, it was ok...but had one on my leg removed. It turns out it was melanoma. It is the kind of skin cancer that spreads. I was lucky that I caught it early, because once it spreads to your lymph nodes you are kinda screwed.

I say this not to preach, but to inform you to really watch your skin and moles and if anything changes go to a dermatologist. Most likely it will be nothing, but as you can read in my case, it very well could be.

You don't want to be the 20 something year old in the oncology unit with all the elders. It's not fun!

stumpy_mcgee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah man, my mom has skin cancer right now too, but she's getting it looked after (never seen a bed in her life, never even tanned either, just from being outside in the summer, overexposed). I know there really is no absolute safe way to tan. I'm pretty white and i'm starting off with only 8 minutes, and i'll never go over 20 (i'll probably never get there anyways). I hear it's better to use the beds to build up a base tan though, rather then get overexposed in the summer and burn like a mofo. I'm not gonna turn into one of those people who tan all the time and turn almost black, I just don't wanna look like...well, casper anymore. Besides of all the risks...I wanna hear about some of the benefits you guys have had...there's gotta be some chicks who've noticed it and complimented you, or found you more attractive because of the tan.

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have never -tanned-..but i tan -very- easy. I had a tan form summer until about december of this year, ever girl noticed it, and i got compliments on it...but i don't think i cna say it improved my game at all.
it mgiht ahve only made one girl -more- attracted to me, but thats because my nickname is "caliboy" lol, shes from california and says i look like a surfer..so the tan def helped.
but they don't matter that much. i mgiht tan outside this summer..but never at a salon..

Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah and I've got a lot of compliments. I'm getting now STARED at by girls blatantly.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure it makes you more attractive...but it doesn't gain you more than 1 point on a scale from 1 to 10.

Zaine

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bling
I'm sure it makes you more attractive...but it doesn't gain you more than 1 point on a scale from 1 to 10.
The difference between an 8 and a 9 is the difference between a girl approaching and kinoing you and a girl ignoring you. But for us it doesn't really matter.

Layla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I'd say on some people it makes a major difference, and less of one on others.

In the summer, or afer a vacation- when I'm tan, I get much more compliments on my looks than when I havent seen the sun for a while. I'd say it takes me from like an 8.5 to a 9.3 :D

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What next? Getting motivated by staring at a quarter?

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tan is good, but is it worth the price? good tan = WISE tan....

A tan will make most people look more attractive, but if u tan, do it wisely, because having a tan is not worth the price of cancer. If u tan, make sure u don’t do it too much, and use the correct lotions etc that will protect your skin, while giving u a tan. Be careful

Laterz...

Ian Gots Game

Banned
Reaction score
Go tanning with girls. I go tanning with girls all the time and its a blast. And dont be embarrassed about it. It is relaxing, gives you better tone, and it actually gets rid of zits.

The Master Disaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to disregard what your saying, but tanning is sort of over rated. I tanned one year and nothing changed. I didn't tan as much last year and I got more girls (My personality improved). I mean girls don't like paisty but they dont like black. I guess find somewhere imbetween. I wouldn't disregard the bit about skin cancer. You can't be too careful

GET-ER-DONE