Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pook Comes Around

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SalParadise said:
The guy likes to play with ideas, and that is all that the blog is - playing around with ideas. In a way it is irresponsible because the Pook fanboys (myself included) place a lot of weight on his words. You really need to approach that blog with a healthy distance.
Have you ever thought that when person grows older and experience things, he tends to change his viewpoints and perspectives about life on a constant basis?! What he writes today may not mean the same to him next year so hance he it will seem he contradicts himself in earlier posts. It is a mistake to treat his words as some sort of gospel to follow, rather then to give you a different perspective on a given situation.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^

Pook is one man, Anti-Dump is one man, and even the ever-praised Rollo Tomassi is one man. Certain people have the ability of presenting truth or wisdom in a way that resonates with many.

Guys read stuff here that resonates heavily with them and sort of base future judgments and interpretations on the understandings of one. There are great thinkers, analysts, writers, and inspirers...but I try to be careful not to spend too much time thinking about this stuff and not enough time living.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Great One has not changed a single view. Children are the ones who the see different emotions of a person and believe those different feelings represent different personalities. His second commandment was always "Reject Negativity." Look it up in his archive if you don't believe me. Moreover, he himself never bought into any of the things he condemns in that latest post. (hopelessness, laziness, anti-americanism, etc.) You have all been deceived by the Hor Matrix.

His entire philosophy has always been to embrace natural humanity. If any supporter of MGTOW abandons the sexual aspect of the human identity (perhaps due to hopelessness), he obviously would be out of sink with Pook.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can we dispense with "the great one" and his "commandments" ... and I'm not religious. I just find the pook worship way over the top. I once disagreed with him on a post (when he posted here) and he couldn't believe someone objected to something he wrote.

Pook may be Allen Thompson, I'm not sure. I like Allen's writings as well as pook's. I find his talking in the third person to be insufferable. He may or may not be a great DJ, or he may just be a good teller of tales, I'm not sure.

The worship for this guy is way too much, sheesh, isn't part of this board to get your own life? He has some good ideas, let's leave it at that. If he was the "great one" he'd get this stuff published under his real name. I'm with Colossus on this, keep the admiration at a lower level.

* I'm well aware that criticizing pook on this site is akin to a German criticizing Hitler during WWII and there will be repercussions to follow.

SalParadise

Don Juan
Reaction score
How dare you defame the Great One, Westcoaster! The followers of Pook will Dodge The Bullet of your barbs and Endure them! Kill That Desperation to knock the best poster on SoSuave, because you'll need to Aim High to deliver anything close to Fifteen Lessons as good as his. Sure, he's not Perfect, but that would be Boring anyway. BE A MAN!

(cough) (splutter) sorry, got carried away with my scripture.

In the interests of clarity, I think Pook said that he only started writing in third person to "watermark" his posts, so that they couldn't easily be imported onto other forums as the work of other people (which has happened a lot). Who could be bothered to rewrite all those later posts as their own?

Also if you look at what he's said on his blog, he is trying to work out a way of "publishing" his work which avoids the pitfalls of the book industry (which is hard to make money on without abrasive marketing, and while Pook is pompous and ridiculous at times, he did give his best stuff out for free and is hardly going to become the next David DeAngelo).

That said, WestCoaster, do you think that perhaps the reason there is so much Pook worshipping on this board is that every "community" in the seduction world needs its superstar to distinguish it? You have to admit that Pook's posts do encapsulate a few of the things which make this board unique from others (at a push, the focus on self improvement over "get that azz" techniques. Even Fingers' pragmatic Weapons of Mass Seduction swings in the direction of self betterment). It may just fit the natural pattern of these kind of boards.

I see your point, but you must admit the "worshipping" has died down significantly since 2004.

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Have you ever thought that when person grows older and experience things, he tends to change his viewpoints and perspectives about life on a constant basis?! What he writes today may not mean the same to him next year so hance he it will seem he contradicts himself in earlier posts. It is a mistake to treat his words as some sort of gospel to follow, rather then to give you a different perspective on a given situation.
it's a mistake to treat ANYTHING as a gospel.

Even jesus changed his ideas as he grew, I bet.

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
The Great One

Wow.

I think Pook is great. But not capital letters Great. He's a cool guy. I don't think we're doing anyone any favours by placing people on pedestals.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SalParadise said:
How dare you defame the Great One, Westcoaster! The followers of Pook will Dodge The Bullet of your barbs and Endure them! Kill That Desperation to knock the best poster on SoSuave, because you'll need to Aim High to deliver anything close to Fifteen Lessons as good as his. Sure, he's not Perfect, but that would be Boring anyway. BE A MAN!

(cough) (splutter) sorry, got carried away with my scripture.

In the interests of clarity, I think Pook said that he only started writing in third person to "watermark" his posts, so that they couldn't easily be imported onto other forums as the work of other people (which has happened a lot). Who could be bothered to rewrite all those later posts as their own?

Also if you look at what he's said on his blog, he is trying to work out a way of "publishing" his work which avoids the pitfalls of the book industry (which is hard to make money on without abrasive marketing, and while Pook is pompous and ridiculous at times, he did give his best stuff out for free and is hardly going to become the next David DeAngelo).

That said, WestCoaster, do you think that perhaps the reason there is so much Pook worshipping on this board is that every "community" in the seduction world needs its superstar to distinguish it? You have to admit that Pook's posts do encapsulate a few of the things which make this board unique from others (at a push, the focus on self improvement over "get that azz" techniques. Even Fingers' pragmatic Weapons of Mass Seduction swings in the direction of self betterment). It may just fit the natural pattern of these kind of boards.

I see your point, but you must admit the "worshipping" has died down significantly since 2004.
His blog has the most long-winded, boring, convoluted drivel I've read in awhile. Sheesh, the guy is full of himself. He has some good advice, but he really needs to quit trying to be a philosopher. That blog is pure torture.

Take some hints now and then, but man, he needs to get a copy of Strunk and White's book, "Elements of Style." Less is more.

I don't understand the worship. He has some good ideas, he has some bad ones, and he's terribly long-winded. He's fairly good for guys who chicken to ask girls out.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WestCoaster said:
His blog has the most long-winded, boring, convoluted drivel I've read in awhile. Sheesh, the guy is full of himself. He has some good advice, but he really needs to quit trying to be a philosopher. That blog is pure torture.

Take some hints now and then, but man, he needs to get a copy of Strunk and White's book, "Elements of Style." Less is more.

I don't understand the worship. He has some good ideas, he has some bad ones, and he's terribly long-winded. He's fairly good for guys who chicken to ask girls out.
agreed, I stopped reading Pook a long while ago. I recommend many of his posts (including w0manese, kill that desperation, and Be a man) to the newbies. All of his new posts, I no longer recommend because of the long windedness of it all. Personally I like Nietzsche because of how short the aphorisms are (I love the gay science).

Long winded papers are not something that i enjoy.

I also dislike some of the posts that I have read because of the content in them.

comic_relief

sosilky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
comic_relief said:
agreed, I stopped reading Pook a long while ago. I recommend many of his posts (including w0manese, kill that desperation, and Be a man) to the newbies. All of his new posts, I no longer recommend because of the long windedness of it all. Personally I like Nietzsche because of how short the aphorisms are (I love the gay science).

Long winded papers are not something that i enjoy.

I also dislike some of the posts that I have read because of the content in them.

comic_relief

I think I see where your coming from Comic relief. it's kind of like how people like Chris Tucker or Eddie Murphy's old comedy better. but those guys have evolved and emerged since then and don't apeal to the masses as much anymore. Because the masses are for the most part unrefined.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sosilky said:
I think I see where your coming from Comic relief. it's kind of like how people like Chris Tucker or Eddie Murphy's old comedy better. but those guys have evolved and emerged since then and don't apeal to the masses as much anymore. Because the masses are for the most part unrefined.
sort of, I have evolved beyond his advice into a realm that is far better.

It is called "being a man and realizing that living other people's advice is pointless. You are in control of your own destiny."

Pook and much of the other advice on this forum was good for when i needed it, but he is like a set of training wheels. Once you learn how to ride with the training wheels, you must cast them aside and ride on your own. You can always go back to freshen up on your stability, but one gets bored of it rather quickly.

I verily go and read tips (unless something catches my eye). My favorite forums are DJ Discussion, High School, and AE. I would love to go and debate with the MM, but those rules were enacted because of other people. If I remember correctly, many MM members wanted me to stay and debate. Paradox knows what is best for the MM forum though :up:

comic_relief

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the record, I am still unconvinced this blog is authored by the original POOK.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/member.php?u=6267

His Sosuave profile contains the link to the mirror of the soul site which contains "Pook's blog" Rollo.

For this reason I believe it is him.

Maybe you have other information such as his account being hacked here and the hacker adding that link to give credibility to an imposter?

If thats the case then I stand corrected.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hhhm, you gotta wonder why he didn't stay here then. This'd be the place to pedal his blogs right? And to leave SS so secretivly only to reappear elsewhere, in full view - which brings me back to the original point, why he wouldn't just stay here.

Anyway, I'm missing the point. It doesn't matter if it's him, or if it's not him. The point is, look at us. Looking for guidance from a non-entity on the internet. Sure, he gave some great advice, but it was nothing we wouldnt've worked out if we went out and lived abit ourselves.
We're just projecting our insecurities and hoping that someone (pook) will come and teach us painlessly the way to be good at life.
Truth is its a trial and error game.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WesCottII said:
Hhhm, you gotta wonder why he didn't stay here then. This'd be the place to pedal his blogs right? And to leave SS so secretivly only to reappear elsewhere, in full view - which brings me back to the original point, why he wouldn't just stay here.
He left because people were being petty with his posts. Like you said this two years ago in an obscure post, but yet you changed your stance now. What should we do?

The other reason that Pook left was the fact that when we post on here. Any information that we post is now the property of Allen Thompson and Pook probably wanted to keep his ideas his own (copyright law).

comic_relief

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aight. I'm not gonna start debating with you comic, thats not the part of my post I'm interested in.

This horse has been flogged endlessly, lets let sleeping dogs lie eh?

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WesCottII said:
Aight. I'm not gonna start debating with you comic, thats not the part of my post I'm interested in.

This horse has been flogged endlessly, lets let sleeping dogs lie eh?
aight

comic_relief

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It is pook. I've emailed him a couple times when he was posting a lot on his blog.

Reaction score
I like a lot of what Pook has written. I think his greatest point is that men should not be ruled by women and the way to do this is to become self-realized, self-satisfied, and balanced in what our missions are in life. To chase women in life without self-growth is pointless and to grow without a women in your life is incompleteness.

He made a great point once about how by just improving your looks by working out you can get better women. That alone has motivated me to get more serious about my personal fitness. I was athletic in high school and college, but I have since become very lazy when it comes to my fitness. To me, improving myself is the best way to face any problem in my life, and I think Pook is about improving the whole man, not just adding another notch in the old bed post. Long live Pook!!:rockon:

On the other hand, I would like to see him get his head out of his ass and get back on this board. I think he thinks he's too good for everybody now or something stupid like that. I'm sure he's probably doing something worthwhile, but a man needs to remember his roots every once in a while. I have some questions I would like to ask him, and I don't think this board is something anyone grows out of. You can always learn more and I agree with Plato when he said something to the effect of the best way to learn is to remember what you have learned and the best way to do that is to teach and share what you have learned. So no, I don't think any man grows out of this forum. It's a place for all stages of a DJ.