Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pook - Anthony Ellis

elmnick

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am, as many people on SoSuave have previously been, considering using Anthony Ellis' stuff, in part as a result of Pooks recommendation.
I have done some searches and the impression I get is that the info is good for a beginner but can all be got free on the internet, well I've managed to get hold of the ebook without paying so thats not an issue but I'd appreciate any opinions on how useful the ebook is.
However I did see that there was some suggestion that Pook was paid to promote Anthony Ellis stuff, can anyone shed any light on that for me as it does seem a little dodgy?

The_Opera

Reaction score
I would like to say that I have Anthony Ellis book - the information in it is generally accurate and a very good read for those beginning weightlifting. Like you said, all of his information is public knowledge and you can easily find everything on the net if you look.

That being said, I would not recommend his weight training program for a beginner. I don't think that everything he tries to get you to do is necessary from a beginner standpoint. When you are just starting a program, basically anything you do will net you growth. You want to grow with the simplest program possible, only adding exercises when you need to because you are becoming more advanced. His program uses supersets, burnout sets, pyramiding, cycling, etc - all of these are unneccesary for a newbie. Yeah, they're great techniques if you are a vet and need to shock your body. But when just starting, doing a set of squats with 100 lbs will shock your body.

I actually keep his e-book on my desktop so that I can look at his dietary macros for each 'weight class.' His diet plan is the only thing I recommend you follow (not his supplement program - you don't need all the extra crap he tries to sell you). Get some whey/fish oil/multivitamin and you'll be more than set.

I would advise you to just start a simple program involving the compound exercises only - no need for the complicated stuff. Start off low and add weight every week.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've browsed it, and someone asked me about it as well, and I tweaked some things in there I didnt like. I dont have it in front of me so I cant say exactly what it was, but even the eating plan, there seemed to be a section that said... Mass meal, or gainer section, or something about gaining and meals and the meal started at 1700cal or 2000cal, or something close. I was like... Since when is that a mass eating plan?

Sorry I dont have it in front of me but I would have to take a closer look. All I know is for the person I helped I changed a few things.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spesmilitis said:
can you pm me a link of the book?
I read it. I know it's intriguing to get a hold of, but it's a complete waste of time.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Omen said:
the meal started at 1700cal or 2000cal, or something close. I was like... Since when is that a mass eating plan?

I dunno about you but to me a 1700 calorie meal is quite large.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
I dunno about you but to me a 1700 calorie meal is quite large.
Missed typed that. Should have said all meals combined or total caloric intake for the day. My fault.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He advocates bw in lbs x 20. Then I think it was 40-30-30. Carbs, Protein, Fat.

The_Opera

Reaction score
He has different diet plans for different body weights - as your weight increases, you add more calories.

His meal plans do start at 1800 calories, if you weigh <100 lbs. 18-20x bw is what he recommends. Come on man, if somebody that weighs 90 lbs eats 3k calories a day, they're going to be getting fat, fast, and taking in a lot of unnecessary food.

So if you weight 160 (still skinny) you'd be consuming 3000 calories a day.

Personally, I think his diet section is the best part of the book (though you can definitely make food substitutions from the list he has laid out).

Edit - BTW, 6-heads is right. Starting Strength >> Ellis, by a longshot. (But SS also doesn't have a diet plan).

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SS's diet plan is to drink a gallon of milk a day along with a pound of beef. haha.

Wasn't this book geared towards very very skinny guys?

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The_Opera said:
He has different diet plans for different body weights - as your weight increases, you add more calories.

His meal plans do start at 1800 calories, if you weigh <100 lbs. 18-20x bw is what he recommends. Come on man, if somebody that weighs 90 lbs eats 3k calories a day, they're going to be getting fat, fast, and taking in a lot of unnecessary food.

So if you weight 160 (still skinny) you'd be consuming 3000 calories a day.

Personally, I think his diet section is the best part of the book (though you can definitely make food substitutions from the list he has laid out).

Edit - BTW, 6-heads is right. Starting Strength >> Ellis, by a longshot. (But SS also doesn't have a diet plan).

Not true for everyone, and almost not true period. I eat over 3,000cal a day, I am NOT 160lbs and I have less fat on me than most people in the gym. In fact, close to 4,000cal to gain.

I'll tell you the problem... The problem is that The 100lb guys only eat 1800cal a day. That's barely maintenance really. Not too far off. Instead of telling them to eat 1800cal (which most people would laugh at) I would add almost double that. THIS is why skinny people dont gain. They wont gain all fat if they know how to do it. And since they are active its VERY unlikely they will. If they see more than average by some chance, lower it. 1800cal? I would lose weight.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
SS's diet plan is to drink a gallon of milk a day along with a pound of beef. haha.

Wasn't this book geared towards very very skinny guys?

now that'll mass you up

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Omen said:
I am NOT 160lbs and I have less fat on me than most people in the gym.
Haha, hardly a feat.

Not a knock on you. But them.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
Haha, hardly a feat.

Not a knock on you. But them.
I'm just a lean guy and its muscle, not skin and bones. In fact I dont see too many people as ripped as I am. Sure its only a select few who can really pull it off, but I just thought i'd see more of them. Not ****y, but when I go to the gym, I feel good cause no one looks as good as I do. :rock:

Hey, someone has to do it right?